Help with lift, bumpers, and sliders (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just got 97 lx 45, bone stock want to run 35s, 4 lift, sliders and bumpers. Guys at sleep seem to know there stuff. Any thoughts? I have emailed and called binks fab no response.... Anyone ordered anything from them? Any input would help out a ton. Sold my tj to get more room for the family.

Just got 97 lx 45, bone stock want to run 35s, 4 lift, sliders and bumpers. Guys at sleep seem to know there stuff. Any thoughts? I have emailed and called binks fab no response.... Anyone ordered anything from them? Any input would help out a ton. Sold my tj to get more room for the family.
I have a "sleep" Slee rear bumper and their 4" lift along with many other things from them. Great to deal with and ship stuff fast. If they have it I will usually order from them even though you have to call them for ordering. Sliders I went with Metaltech because they had a sale and I liked the way they looked compared to others. No complaints dealing with them either.

Slee is what I was going for..... Everything for the fzj seems pretty beef and expensive 3k just seemed alittle steep for lift from slee.

If you're going to run 35's you can get a 2.5" lift, much easier, cheaper and usually eliminates any of the issues with caster and driveline.

As for bumpers and sliders you just need to decide what is most important to you. Big Massive and ultimate protection, or slim trim and a little lighter? Me personally I really like:

Front:
small - Slee
large - undecided

Sliders:
Metaltech

Rear
large - slee
small - 4x4labs

Last edited:
How do you like the 4in slee lift? I loved the flex my tj had and am really looking for the same ride and flex just in a 113in wheelbase.... It will see lots of off road use and as dd. I'm pretty sure you get what you pay for... I don't want to just clear 35s I want to put those bad chickens to work. Just ordered 315/75/16 km2s.... Talked to slee about there 6in lift but with 4in springs. I like their lower arms instead of running caster plates. Just seems like a decent kit for off road and dd use.

So many choices on all of these items, I have been looking at a lot of the same things. There is tons of info available here on this site so do lots of searching and read a lot of reviews. the 80 Registry is a good starting point to see other peoples set ups and how they like them. All my info is in my signature line for what I am running. As far as sliders and rear bumpers go I am a little up in the air. I most likely will go with Bump It Offroad sliders because I had a good experience with Mike building my front bumper and everyone reviews his sliders very well and his price is reasonable. Rear bumpers is where I am really searching for as much info as possible to make sure I get everything I am looking for at whatever expense is needed.

And by the way Welcome to mud and get some photos of that rig up!:flipoff2:

Thx for the link. He has some really nice stuff also at good prices. Is there anyone else besides slee offroad that does a 4-6in lift???

Ironman from metal tech ... I just purchased mine I did the 6" coils for front and 4" for rear so I don't have to run correction plates up front. I also purchased sliders and some other stuff from them.

You can't go wrong with Slee, Ben always takes care of me and they KNOW cruisers!

I just bought a set of Metaltech sliders too, base on the bada$$ cat protection and the bump out at the rear, i had slee sliders on my 94 and they worked 100% but i have kids so the rear bump will be nice!

I have their shortbus front and single swingout rear, GREAT stuff and well thought out. Its been on my truck 5 years, not a DD for me but when i wheel i like rocks and those bumpers have seen sum abuse with only one small dent in the front one.

Yea talked to slee today looking at around 4k$ with shipping.....Anyone know if they give discounts for ih8mud? If they would cover shipping I would have ordered it today! I hope this lx 450 is worth dumping 5500$ just for lift and tires. ??

Well you are looking at buying the most complete lift kit on the market for the LX450. It is more than just some springs and shocks. It is really a nice kit and Christo and his guys knows more about 80 series than just about anyone I would bet. But only you can determine if you really need the slee kit, or if a less complete kit with less lift will accomplish your goals. Maybe poke around and find some videos with 80's in different builds and how capable they are.

Ryan

This is the jeep I sold to get the 80series and if it can't do this for 2k more than I had in the suspension I'm not going to be a very happy man lol...I just want to get something that works well off road. All your input has been awesome I just want to make sure it's what I'm looking for and the money spent is worth it.

post_image2.jpg

post_image2.jpg

I bought a 4+ from man-a-fre. I really wish I bought the Slee kit to start. I ended up buying a bunch of the slee components because the Man-a-fre kit is incomplete or not adequate. I basically used the OME coils, OME L shocks and the 4+ drop brackets from the man-a-fre kit and used the slee components for everything else.

I also have the slee rear bumper, and step sliders. Just get it over with and buy the Slee.

All I needed to know..... Slee 6in kit with 4in springs is the route I'm going on 315/75 /16 km2s.... Will post pics of the build thx everyone for your input. Ome might be good for most but I don't think that will get the job done over 48in boulders here in az. In her majestic glory all stock w/diff locks

3Mf3Lc3Hd5O35H95Mad3p1cba6274ff081ff2.jpg

I'm not going for looks I had a 4in on the heep with 33s and at full stuff it would try to rip the front fenders off. Slee states that their 6in kit is for 35s, I'm leaving it to the pros I don't want rubs at full stuff. Slee also stated 315s would fit stock. That's fine if you want to just take your kids to the movies.:)

18932_102248879804952_5724077_n.jpg

I'm not going for looks I had a 4in on the heep with 33s and at full stuff it would try to rip the front fenders off. Slee states that their 6in kit is for 35s, I'm leaving it to the pros I don't want rubs at full stuff. Slee also stated 315s would fit stock. That's fine if you want to just take your kids to the movies.:)

I think delancy is referencing the fact the KM2s 315 measure less than 35 in true tire height installed.

The 345 measures 35.x at 45 psi according to a quick search on pirate 4x4.

But I could be wrong. I agree that I would definitely defer to them boys up at slee.

Most tires measure small. If we wanted accurate measurements we would all be running super swampers lol. I had 4.88s in the heep 33 12.5 15 and drove 35miles one way to work. I never got any speeding tickets that's for sure. I don't want to regear the lx so I'm kinda shooting for something smaller than a true 35. Again I really appreciate all the info I'm not trying to be a pain in the a$$, any ford questions fire away I'm your man.... Need your help with the yota stuff first import I have ever owned. Master ford tech 10 years thx guys

Well if you're going with Slee's 6" kit you will need 37's and a regear. You can't compare an 80 series 4" lift with a jeep 4" lift. Hell an 80 can run 33's stock. If all you want is 35's I am telling you do some research. 2.5-3" is all you need for 35's. not trying to be an ass but a stock 80 looks like it could do what you have your old jeep doing. If you just want it bigger that's cool but if you really wanted it for your stated purpose you can do it for much less than $5500, and not have any of the issues larger lifts can encounter. My two cents.

90% of the guys I wheel with are from ttora and all have custom yota rigs, I only been out with one 80 series with a Ome lift and 35s and it did ok. Not the most graceful of the bunch but it made it to the end of the trail. I know everyone's terrain is different in parts. Most of our trails we run are 3.5 to 4 in difficultly. I'm sure there are cheaper routes just like buying auto parts from auto zone and not from a dealer. I don't mind paying for something as long as it works not just the first time but every time. I'll keep you all posted on the outcome.

ForumRunner_20130403_201117.jpg

ForumRunner_20130403_201117.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom