Builds The Minipi Cruiser Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

danadog

Storm Trooper
Threads
Website
www.minipi.com
The Minipi Cruiser

1996 FZJ 80
Purchased June 2012 w/ 92,000 Miles
Factory lockers, 3rd row, leather and rear heater.

I picked this FZJ because it was (apparently) clean, low miles, factory locked, and had the tan leather. I flew from Labrador to PA to purchase, import and drive home.

Upon picking it up (already bought sight unseen), I found there to be a bit more corrosion than I thought, the rear passenger fender flare was beat up, the stereo sounded terrible, and within 20 minutes of starting the trip the A/C Sh*t the bed.

The day I picked up the FZJ in PA.

When I made it home (my FJC pictured as well):

Current Picture

List of mods completed:
*4" Lift - OME J Springs, OME L shocks, 4+ caster drop brackets, 1" Spacers, drop brackets etc. from 4+ and Slee.
*Kenwood double DIN deck and all new speakers
*LED courtsey lighting and dome lighting
*ARB Bull Bar
*Slee Rear Bumper
*Cargo/dog barrier
*PIAA Headlamp bulbs
*EMS Header-back exhaust (Now result with new 6" flex sections)
*OEM Hand throttle
*7-pin mod
*Refinished stock wheels
*Roof Top Tent (now moved to my M101 CDN)
*315 BFG MT2 Tires on black stock wheels
*Foxwing Awning
*Rebuild of e-brake
*Maintenance Baseline
*Warn XD900i Winch
*Hella 4000i HID lights
*DEPO brake lights, park lights, and signal lights
*Clear ARB marker lights
*Innovative wiring signal light harness
*Whole Hog Sub woofer mount with kenwood sub and Amp
*PHH silicone hose
*Hi-Lift Extreme for the Slee Bumper
*Fixed rusty rear quater!
*Slee Slider Steps (with custom mounts)
*27F Optima starting Battery
*ARB Snorkel
*Birfield / Front Axle Rebuild
*4.88 gearing
*Rebuilt rear locker
*New Tie Rod ends, and steering rods
*YodaTEQ rear light mounts
*WeatherTech floor mats
*Block Heater
*New brake lines
*Blue Sea ACR
*Die Hard Platinum (Odyssey 31M Aux battery)
*Mishimoto Coolant Overflow Tank
*Morimoto HID Projectors
*Prinsu Roof Rack
*Heretic Studio LED Light Bar
*BHicks Cup Holders (only installed the rear)

List of mods in progress(or stuff siting in my garage):

*2 ea Blue Sea fuse panels
*GPS Hardwire for power
*Custom diff vents
*LCP Sway Bar Disconnects
*2 each Blue Sea Fuse Panels
*Tekonsha Brake Control

Future Mods:

*LED Fog lights?
*ARB Fridge
*ARB Drawer system
*2nd row recline
*SUB tank
*Kenwood VHF

Last edited:
My EMS exhaust arrived last week. The install was pretty straight forward, except the part where you have to snake the pipe that goes over the frame. That required some head scratching.

One of the nicest exhausts that no one will see ;)

Here is a before sound clip with my resonator cut off in order to fit my Slee bumper so its has a bit more "whistle" than normal.
http://s865.photobucket.com/user/minipitrout/media/IMG_1269.mp4.html

Here is the after. I still need to trim a heat shield this weekend and try to tighten up the band behind the cat. It is leaking there a bit.
http://s865.photobucket.com/user/minipitrout/media/IMG_1269.mp4.html

What was your setup from EMS, cat and feature wise I really like the sound.

It's one catalytic converter, a muffler and no resonator with the polish option. If I had my time back I would of had them add a resonator. It's pretty loud in 3 gear, but when it shifts out to 4 it's not too bad. I guess I will just add more dynamat to the floor to cut down on noise. So far I just have the 4 doors done in dynamat. I do like the tone though!

This weekend I spent most of it sandblasting the wheels, applying zinc chromate and some flat black tremclad to them. I also did the pin 7 Mod, mounted my Roof Top Tent and tried to mount my Slee Slider steps. The 4+ drop brackets are interfering with the install of the Slee Slider Steps. I need to have an extra set of hands to hold the steps in place to eye-up what I need to cut and modify. I guess its a job for another sunday. Tomorrow my 315 BFG MT2's are getting installed.

In other news I ordered up the ARB Safari Snorkel finally and I think I have found a new-old-stock M101 CDN trailer! It apparently has never been used by military or civilian. More on that later.

Post #1 Current pic updated*

A few coats of ZincChroamate:

The outcome:

Which speakers are you replacing (dashboard, driver door, front/rear pass doors, rear ceiling, cargo area wall)? What model Sony speaker are you using?

New updated pic on post #1.

Its been a while since I have updated my thread, but this summer I have installed my BFG tires, painted the stock wheels, fixed my broken wheel studs, rebuilt the ebrake, added a RTT and awning, did a maintence baseline (- fuel filter and birfs), added a warn winch, hell 4000 HIDs, depo clear lenses, clear ARB marker lights, Innovative wiring harness, PHH, Fixed the rusty rear quarter panel and added a LED reverse light to the back bumper.

No I am working on some HID headlights!

Sweet

Nice Rig. I like the RTT!

I agree. A tasty build. In fact a lot like ours, except for above the rain gutters. Our garage is not as blessed with overhead clearance;)

Hope you're able to eventually track down a M101 CDN. Ours is indispensable, also why I don't sweat the lack of a rack.

We're actually hoping to visit Newfoundland and drive the TLH either going or coming back from that. Beautiful country.:beer:

I agree. A tasty build. In fact a lot like ours, except for above the rain gutters. Our garage is not as blessed with overhead clearance;)

Hope you're able to eventually track down a M101 CDN. Ours is indispensable, also why I don't sweat the lack of a rack.

We're actually hoping to visit Newfoundland and drive the TLH either going or coming back from that. Beautiful country.:beer:

I when you plan your trio over the TLH drop me a PM. I can give you the low down. Hurry up though its getting paved!

I when you plan your trio over the TLH drop me a PM. I can give you the low down. Hurry up though its getting paved!

Cool, will do. I'm hoping the stars all finally align and it's next spring. When do the flies start biting? Sooner than in the spring that would be good, but we'll be prepared for whatever.;)

I mounted the 31M battery yesterday in a factory tray on the PS side. I am just scratching my head on where to mount my Blue Sea ACR? Any suggestions out there from anyone else that has previously installed one? Between the fuse block, bus bar, 2nd battery, hid ballasts, I am running out of room! I though possibly mounting it in the original battery box in a bracket that would bolt to the rad support?

Cool, will do. I'm hoping the stars all finally align and it's next spring. When do the flies start biting? Sooner than in the spring that would be good, but we'll be prepared for whatever.;)

There are 2 seasons in Labrador, winter and bug season. Late August to September would be best if you want to avoid Mosquitos and black flies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom