Garage Speakers - Powered/Bluetooth - Recommendations? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My cool old analogue Kenwood garage receiver is failing. My son says probably cost more to fix than replace. He recommended I move into the 21st century and get some powered bluetooth speakers, and play XM or Apple Play, or Podcasts, thru them.
So, any good recommendations out there? My garage is about 24 x 40. Not too dusty, or stuff flying around. But, it does get hot in the summer and cold in the winter.
My heavy wrenching days are behind me, but I do like to hang out in the garage, my daughter and son-in-law and son working on something. Grandkids now getting into the mix. Good family bonding time in my book.
Thanks for any thoughts, and I opologise if this has been covered in detail before.

Dave

Check out the JBL charge whatever number they are up to. I use it in my shop with the phone. Does great hold charge quite awhile and sounds great.
Think mine is the 5, I did buy the biggest one couple years ago and lost in move but the one pictured does great job!

IMG_0380.png

I've had a speaker similar to this one for the better part of 10 years. Has survived multiple drops, and years of college dorm abuse. Now lives in my garage and does a great job at keeping me entertained while I'm wrenching or working on whatever weekend project.

Amazon product ASIN B07KJS4JMS

I"m an audiophile so take this for what it is.
I like the KEF LS 50 wireless powered speakers . Great sound and easy set up'
Good luck .

Check out the JBL charge whatever number they are up to. I use it in my shop with the phone. Does great hold charge quite awhile and sounds great.
Think mine is the 5, I did buy the biggest one couple years ago and lost in move but the one pictured does great job!

View attachment 3483646
Thanks. This has the advantage of being portable. Says waterproof - kids can take it on the boat.

Thanks. This has the advantage of being portable. Says waterproof - kids can take it on the boat.
Its great in that situation, we take ours to the swimming pond in the summer and set it on a rock and just listen away. Very rugged construction.

Should be able to find cheap amps on craigs list or similar places. Lots of people getting rid of good old equipment to be replaced with blue tooth to work with their phones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom