Front swaybar quick disconnects revisited and tested (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got mine installed today. Piece of cake. Have extended brake lines on order since they needed replacement anyway, so I'll cycle it once I have those installed. Took it for a quick drive and was amazed the truck wasn't as unstable as I was expecting.

3 suspension lift, 1" body lift.

Thanks Phil!

Got mine installed today. Piece of cake. Have extended brake lines on order since they needed replacement anyway, so I'll cycle it once I have those installed. Took it for a quick drive and was amazed the truck wasn't as unstable as I was expecting.

3 suspension lift, 1" body lift.

Thanks Phil!

Thanks for the feedback and yes cycling is important for maximum safety and performance.

I got mine installed last night. My home made sway bar drop spacers are about 2.75 inches and the sway bar hits the driveline at full drop with the sway bar up. I have 2850J springs in front. It looks like I need a 3” spacer. Could someone tell me the dimensions of the Slee spacer? Is that what most folks are using? It looks like if the holes to pin the sway bar were 0.5” further back it would be okay. As it is I have to pull the sway bar forward to meet those holes.

Also, at what point do you need extended brake lines? Mine are pulled straight, but not tight. I’m inclined to think that is okay, but would welcome a second opinion.

I installed extended brake lines but also added limit straps to keep the lines from getting yanked apart by accident. I'd rather lose articulation than braking.

In my quest for more travel and keeping my tires in the dirt as much as possible in crawling situations, I've FINALLY installed my LandcruiserPhil front sway bar disconnects.
disco-jpg.1230072

I also removed my OME N74 shocks and installed the longer OME Nitrocharger sport "L" shocks with the LCP rear shock mount drop - this gives me 3" more droop in the rear. All were easy to install and came with clear instructions.
0323161723-jpg.1230073
Where did you get your rear shock drop brackets? Looking to aquire a set.

I just made it through all 21 pages of this thread. Whew! Should give out a badge or t-shirt for those of us with bad enough OCD to slog all the way through.

Order placed. Thanks for making solid products for the LC community. Service has always been top notch and products always come with a few lifesavers (I keep mine in the glove box in case I get in a real jam out on the trail). The jack adapter I bought earlier was super handy to get my OME springs in the front axle. Keep up the fine work!

Cheers!
EconomistAZ

I just made it through all 21 pages of this thread. Whew! Should give out a badge or t-shirt for those of us with bad enough OCD to slog all the way through.

Order placed. Thanks for making solid products for the LC community. Service has always been top notch and products always come with a few lifesavers (I keep mine in the glove box in case I get in a real jam out on the trail). The jack adapter I bought earlier was super handy to get my OME springs in the front axle. Keep up the fine work!

Cheers!
EconomistAZ

Very cool thanks for your support

Got the last whiteline front off amazon today and now got these on order. Now just waiting on @landtank extended fronts to be in stock at wits end. Thanks @LandCruiserPhil for all you do. I'll be reaching out in a few weeks to discuss those heavy duty rears once whitelines are outta pre-order. Thanks everyone

FWIW I think the rear have been on back order a while now. Cruiser outfitters carries the super pro 30MM rears if you don't mind paining the obnoxious blue to match. Super good customer service and fast shipping from my experience. They may even discount. I got the set from them but haven't had a chance to put them on yet to see just how bright blue they are...
I'm sure land tank will speak up but believe he is selling direct for now.

@landtank I'll reach out to offline here after work. Had a couple questions. Thanks for the drive shaft btw. Cheers yall

Hey guys, do you post the front sway bar disconnect kit to Australia?
I would love to install the kit on my 1995 80 series.

cheers 👍🏼

Apologies if this was asked already but do you know if this fits a '92 HDJ81?

So I ordered and installed mine. Work very well. I reattached the sway bar for the long drive home this weekend from the trail. I got home and noticed my passenger side pin was missing and the clip was just hanging. I have factory lockers. So I have 2 questions,

1. I installed the pin with the clip side facing towards the locker, I made sure the clip was on all the way. Did I install this incorrectly, is that why the pin fell out?
2. What size pin was that so I can get myself a replacement?

Thank you!

So I ordered and installed mine. Work very well. I reattached the sway bar for the long drive home this weekend from the trail. I got home and noticed my passenger side pin was missing and the clip was just hanging. I have factory lockers. So I have 2 questions,

1. I installed the pin with the clip side facing towards the locker, I made sure the clip was on all the way. Did I install this incorrectly, is that why the pin fell out?
2. What size pin was that so I can get myself a replacement?

Thank you!

You have mail

I have never seen a swaybar and a front driveline conflict with the swaybar connected. With that said when anyone uses disconnects on the front swaybar and pins it up they should ALWAYS cycle there suspension to verify clearances. Most vehicles require the swaybar mounts to be lowered to runs swaybar disconnects and are normally included with better more complete lift kits.

Again anytime one modifies or changes suspension set up cycling the suspension should always be done. You do not want to find out a conflict on the trail because it never comes at a good time.
Hey @LandCruiserPhil, I'm about to install my sway bar disconnects that you sent me about a year ago. No excuse for lagging, my fault.
Re. cycling the suspension, by that do you mean using a jack to lift up one side until the opposite tire is off the ground, like simulating getting a tire off the ground while wheeling? I'm not sure my jack will go that high, and I don't have a forklift like in that cool photo you put up. I must be missing something - there's an easier way to check to see if my DS will touch the swaybar, right?
Thanks in advance.

Hi Phil,
Sorry to reach out to you on mud. There isn't a way to get to you on your website. Had a question on the clips. Seems to have lost it on the trail. Is the O.D. on the wire round lock pin a bit smaller than the O.D. of the factory bolt?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom