Front Bumper, ARB or Ironman????? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

In the Idaho mountains, there are a lot of deer, moose, elk, sheep, cattle, etc., and I needed full protection, so I installed the ARB, and never looked back.

pgmatt said:
I just ordered a Ironman deluxe commercial front winch bumper from cruiserparts.net they are on sale for 20% off. So far they have been great to deal with. I like the integrated light package as that is a nice bonus and I have similar use to you needed animal protection for highway and offroad winch is needed as there is lots of mud here.

Deluxe Commercial Bull Bar - Toyota LC80 Series [BBCD004] - $753.60 : CruiserParts.net, Toyota Landcruiser Parts[/QUOTE
Damn, that's a great price. I paid 940 shipped this past Xmas. I shoulda waited. The bumper is awesome!

pgmatt said:
I just ordered a Ironman deluxe commercial front winch bumper from cruiserparts.net they are on sale for 20% off. So far they have been great to deal with. I like the integrated light package as that is a nice bonus and I have similar use to you needed animal protection for highway and offroad winch is needed as there is lots of mud here.

Deluxe Commercial Bull Bar - Toyota LC80 Series [BBCD004] - $753.60 : CruiserParts.net, Toyota Landcruiser Parts[/QUOTE
Damn, that's a great price. I paid 940 shipped this past Xmas. I shoulda waited. The bumper is awesome!

I wonder what shipping is on the Cruiserparts.net one?

I'd go with the Ironman to get the integrated lights, at least where I live. Fog light are nice when it's snowing.

The ARB is the classic bumper, but then I'm already running an old-style TJM on my rig. So I'm not hung up on the classic looks thing.

The side rails off the bumper are not going to do any good in terms of protection. Better to spend that money on some sliders to replace the OEM factory side-steps. Sliders could actually could protect your vehicle if you get hit from the side.

10,000#-12,000# winch.

Good luck with your decision!

After seeing a few after crash trucks and deer strikes with the ARBs I was sold and put one on my FJ80.

I faced the same question here in GA and with the help of the ACC guys in "Hotlanta," I went with the Ironman front bumper. This is my second 80 and I had an ARB in my first. They are both equal in suiting their purpose. I chose the ironman front bumper because of the integrated lights.

Thanks guys. Has anyone seen photos of a Ironman in a crash? I have seen the ARB and was very impressed.
The Ironman direct bolt on, no mods like the ARB to install?

Also struggling with the roof rack decision as I love the INTI but not the price.

There are no approach angles in Louisiana.

Well, you have a point there, unless you are wheeling up a levee.

When NW European bought my 80, he flew in to Durango and was going to drive it back to Seattle. He hadn't been in possession of the truck for 40 hours and he hit a deer at 55mph, in Utah. The probability of something happening is a very different thing than the actuality of something happening. Sure, you may never hit one, or you may hit one less than two days after you buy the rig. Having the ARB on the truck equated to ZERO damage...to the bumper or the truck. That's why you buy one, the potential to save your truck.

I'm getting close to pulling the trigger on a Ironman commercial. The fog and signal look great in this bump.

I just purchased a Slee Short Bus bumper... Its low profile but can take a beating apparently havent got it mounted yet but i already like it alot.

There are plenty in the Tunica hills though, which is where I hunt. I am either dragging the rear going up or scraping the front coming down:steer:

It was a joke.

It took me almost 2 years but I finally found 2 others willing to buy a Slee original bumper so Christo made a batch of 5 (maybe 2 years ago?). We have an ARB on our 85 4Runner but I like the looks of the original Slee much better than the ARB on the 80. Don't get me wrong, ARB makes a great product. I do like the looks of the Ironman though. I'm not being much help unfortunately as I don't think you can go wrong either way.
Slee front corner view.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom