FJ60 Campteq Camper Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

When you pop the top does everything in the Thule Box go flying forward?
No, not really. I had it full of skis and random crap and the struts could lift it with my help. I was scared of a wind gust closing it on me when I had it loaded up though! Didn't take much to pull it down. I may experiment with stronger struts but, I don't usually have the Thule box besides winter camping. But honestly with the storage increase I might run one more full time.

Did you just recover the rear seats? or re sprung/foamed?

I'm looking to replace the spring base with foam but have seen anyone that has done it yet...
Just got back on Friday and had the seat dropped off today. The guy I use is really good and he said the seat foam was dense enough that I should just reuse it. I did have everything sandblasted and primered that was under the cloth. Had all the other hardware powder coated.

Im anxious to see how it turns out... they said by the end of the week. They are trying to match the front style as accurately as possible.

My windshield split in half on my trip which sucks because it was brand new. Now with all this snow I guess the cracked windshield won't seal properly... so I came out to a puddle today in the passenger footwell. Im just waiting to be able to get it in somewhere now, fun fun

Oh yeah... and my 3xm gull windows are at the post office waiting for me to grab them... fingers crossed the glass made it from Australia!

I was scared of a wind gust closing it on me when I had it loaded up though!
Get yourself a pair of these. We use them for the rear hatch on our trailer when we have its awning out. Gets too heavy when wet and will come down on my head otherwise.

But yeah, don't pay $30/ea LOL. Forget where we got ours but they were more like $20 for a pair. eBay most likely.

Strut Stopper

1613440302399.png

Last edited:
Alllllright! interior is coming along. The upholstery shop did a fantastic job matching all the details of the scheel Mann seats. Im very impressed. Even redid my center console pad.
As you can see my roof is undergoing some changes :cool: Im trying to recreate the alucab Hercules setup for ease of use and just got my 2 bed panels back from the fabricator... they are still saran wrapped! Im waiting on piano hinges to be tacked on then I will be powder coating both black and adding the gas struts. im debating doing some tongue and groove cedar headliner, or maybe get super trendy and put some Pendleton style wool on the panels in between the frames.

eCyaGS9.jpg

zFnudRS.jpg

oxsJ9CN.jpg

xDtEp3G.jpg

I wonder how a Jeep style sound bar attached through the CampTec fabric transition would work. Probably not right above ones head, maybe 6-8” behind the front seats so it doesn’t overwhelm the driver and passenger and it’s far enough forward that it doesn’t impede interior working space. Just thinking outside the box.

Also, an overhead shelf or console for maps and stuff. Endless possibilities with a little ingenuity.

I wonder how a Jeep style sound bar attached through the CampTec fabric transition would work. Probably not right above ones head, maybe 6-8” behind the front seats so it doesn’t overwhelm the driver and passenger and it’s far enough forward that it doesn’t impede interior working space. Just thinking outside the box.

Also, an overhead shelf or console for maps and stuff. Endless possibilities with a little ingenuity.
Was thinking this exact thing in terms of overhead console. Maybe I’ll wait to powder coat until I think of what I could do

Awesome.

i want campteq functionality so bad. I just cant bring myself to cut my roof off haha

mannnn I really wish those Gull windows were adjustable!!!
how difficult would it be to replace those pistons with adjustable pistons ya think?

Very easy
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... when ya have a minute, could i get measurments, and type of piston i should search that will fit in place. thanks man...now i want em!!!

Going in next week to get the gas struts put on for roof bed platform. Then pull, black powder and put some fancy material between the aluminum ribs…. Thinking of some Pendleton wool.
Then November into torfab for a/c and intercooler install. Kids get dollar tree for Christmas this year

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom