FJ60 Campteq Camper Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Great build! How is your door insulation working out/holding up? Did it interfere with the window channels or lift mechanisms at all?

Great build! How is your door insulation working out/holding up? Did it interfere with the window channels or lift mechanisms at all?

I actually just pulled the panels to put in new door locks and the insulation is holding up well! It doesn’t interfere with anything and keeps the 60 a little warmer for sleeping!

EE3391D5-E314-4E81-89A2-24CD1668462C.jpeg

do you remember how much fabric was needed for the back seat? I odered some Scheelmanns and i wanna reupholster the rear bench seat too :) #TY

1642915940969.png

Thanks ProwlerDriver! My winter project is to get kilmat in the doors and rear panels, etc., I like sleeping in my rig so it sounds like insulation is going to be worth it while I'm in there.

Apologize if this was covered (I thought I saw it discussed but couldn't find it)...

On the black out of your front and rear doors, it looks like you removed the chrome door trim caps. How are the tops of the door sealed up from rain? Did you just install the squeegee part by itself, or substitute something?

I'm going through the door seals on my truck and learning how the parts all go together/seal things up, Thanks!

Thanks @BHillteq I have not seen those!

I might have to go that route. I've tried to install the factory wiper seal and chrome trim, but have only been successful in breaking a bunch of the clips so far...

Finally getting the PDI intercooler installed. Anxious to play with this and get some more umph up the hills! will post in the week after fab is complete.

Got the @TRAIL TAILOR carpet finally installed, with Luxury Liner Pro underneath. Knocked the noise way down! Also have new cocomats.com mats on the way. Mine have seen enough!

any details on your webasto install? is it installed into the quarter panel?

also how do you like the Toyo M-55s?

lastly, whats your average mpg you are seeing now?

any details on your webasto install? is it installed into the quarter panel?

also how do you like the Toyo M-55s?

lastly, whats your average mpg you are seeing now?

Webasto in under the passenger seat, so essentially a MUCH more useful rear heater. Im still figuring the best venting for it. I would love a removable piece that can heat up top in sleep mode.

The M55s are my new favorite tire. They did amazing in the snow all year and I get good mpg out of them. This trip I had anywhere from 23-30mpg tanks. Cruising at 60 is the mpg sweet spot. Big mountain passes knock me down quite a bit.

The intercooler should open up my throttles a little more. I haven't decided whether im going to go bigger injectors and maybe a redone pump. A jeep YJ guy did those mods and got nearly 40 mpg...

Webasto in under the passenger seat, so essentially a MUCH more useful rear heater. Im still figuring the best venting for it. I would love a removable piece that can heat up top in sleep mode.

The M55s are my new favorite tire. They did amazing in the snow all year and I get good mpg out of them. This trip I had anywhere from 23-30mpg tanks. Cruising at 60 is the mpg sweet spot. Big mountain passes knock me down quite a bit.

The intercooler should open up my throttles a little more. I haven't decided whether im going to go bigger injectors and maybe a redone pump. A jeep YJ guy did those mods and got nearly 40 mpg...

Have you thought of using some aircraft ducting or dryer type hose to vent from the lower webasto up to the sleeping area? just one idea

Great to follow these updates, rig looks great. I just placed an order for the Blindimax black window coverings for my truck,

Great to follow these updates, rig looks great. I just placed an order for the Blindimax black window coverings for my truck,
Did you go to the German site? Pay the euro prices and they will ship it overseas from there? I am interested in these as well.

Yep, I did go through their site, upload the pictures they ask for, and they then confirmed receipt through email.

I haven't paid yet, but it is a direct transaction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom