FJ60 Campteq Camper Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After seeing the Campteq on the 80 I knew I had to have one. Well 5 years after sending my first email to Eric at Campteq patience and persistence have paid off, because he developed a 60 series version for me :D!!

Its been in the works for awhile now and got some completion pics yesterday so it thought I would share and start documenting this build.
I told him I really wanted to match the lines of the 60 and the prototype (below) he showed me really hit the nail on the head:
IXsEshy.jpg

HzUNqSa.jpg

So that is just the bottom portion. It will be taller as seen on this 75:
lXnA0r9.jpg

Annnnnnd here is mine all finished up and in his shop:
saMypns.jpg

QJ7aflx.jpg

a6Ue3bW.jpg

LdPEOMu.jpg

I will be working with J @TRAIL TAILOR on an install... The roof is getting chopped. I want to be able to stand in the back :cool:

Last edited:
I have a few other goodies I've been saving up for in the works too. Thanks @FJ60Cam for helping me get these speedhut gauges perfect. I wanted them almost as close to OEM as possible and he helped nail it:

zpRJRtj.jpg

mgqwq58.jpg

I will eventually be putting the EGT and Boost Gauge in a @TRAIL TAILOR custom bezel. They will go where the ash tray currently resides.

Last edited:
The cruiser has been off the road for a bit because I have basically have gone into full "radiator leak build" (see my signature for this) mode. I saw my buddies Cummins 2.8 after @torfab fabulous job and I wanted my engine bay to look that beautiful. My cummins was spray painted all the same color so I used my covid time to take it ALL apart.
-Turbo hot side, exhaust manifold and down pipe all ceramic coated
-EVERYTHING else powder coated, including making the fuel lines look pretty
-New dual odyssey batteries with stainless trays
-New HPS silicone hoses around turbo
-Hood Lift Shock Conversion
-Most hoses switched to black braided, Black aluminum AN style clamps on literally every hose.
-All wire loom switched from plastic to painless power braid. heat shrunk on all ends as applicable
-New Dual electric fan setup attached to a new mishimoto aluminum radiator filled with Evans waterless coolant so hopefully no electrolysis issues
This took forever but my engine bay now feels like a work of art (note: this is a 90% finished pic, more will come upon completion, waiting on some odds/ends):
Dcu8lg8.png

Last edited:
Cool, I have been looking into doing something like this pop top. Basically buy one of the gutter mount independent units and chop out the bottom of it. Then graft this onto my own fiberglass/plywood perimeter that I add to the 60, contouring the edge of the roofline. Then chop out the back section of roof so you can stand up. Reinforce the rest of the roof so that becomes the base of the tent. Trouble is, I havent found a tent that has the right width. They are either too wide (55") or too narrow to line up with the edge of the roof. Other issue is you cant open and close these tents from inside, you have to go outside. Not a huge issue though. Maybe you can with the campteq.

So curious on what the group would think looks best for the top. I thought black would look cool but the heat would be bad (I don't have A/C either). So thinking white or color matched, found this 80 which is all color matched and I think it looks good. Or maybe base color match and top white? Any thoughts?
RGp8yIj.jpg

MZUKp2q.jpg

My rig:
e6kW8gF.jpg

Last edited:
A few other goodies heading my way...
16" with 255/86/r16 toyo M55s going on
kGZqQ3i.jpg

and I could only read the reviews on these so long before I had to finally splurge. I will hook the seat heaters up to factory defog switches with custom stickers from @FJ6T
odkQt95.jpg

Im also going back to the fold flat bench for this build. That means I will be selling my newly recovered hj61 seats with the split rear bench... PM if interested!
Yrq4P13.jpg

I vote for a color matched top. Black would definitely be too hot. Maybe a color matched base and white top. I’d have to see an example of that.

I vote for a color matched top. Black would definitely be too hot. Maybe a color matched base and white top. I’d have to see an example of that.
Yeah dude,I'm thinking the color match base with white top. Since it's visually seperated I think it could look good, and fit the style. Need some photoshop masters to weigh in

Yeah it really wouldn’t look much different than a rig with a RTT on it.... although that being said... what about a black base and white top? Lol.

@ProwlerDriver admire the finger painting done by yours truly on my iPhone. Just don’t zoom in. It gets the point across :D

8EFF5BB5-A088-4E75-A4DD-0A6AE83A2EA4.jpeg
CF3FA241-D967-43E3-AA68-8111E8EAA7F5.jpeg

2CC68DAB-29B3-451E-A490-2B26A6DA1175.jpeg

Last edited:
Wow... @ProwlerDriver ...!!!
You are knocking it out of the park... that's a sweet rig...!!!
Love the gauges..!!

I was in the back of my 60 the other day, working on it in the sun. I have ripped out the headliner. Mine is silver and even then, holy cow that roof was radiating heat like an oven. I decided then and there that the roof will be painted white. I vote for colour matched base and white top.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom