Builds FJ55V : This little piggy came home. (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I like the badge treatment on the grille! And I did not know you could front license plate bracket new!
Ill send you the part number.

Sorted out my power steering hose.
Old one was so cracked I lost all fluid within 3 rotations. Least I know the pump works.

IMG_20210412_145454_943.jpg

Another stitch up.
Rear heater outlet decided it was going to give up the goods and fail just before I go to start it.

IMG_20210414_124049_570.jpg

Zipped down to the local carparts store.
1/2" BSP bung. D I Done.
I will however change this to a Ballvalve in the future if I plan to run a Heat Exchanger for a hot shower.

happy wife happy life.
received_308257027312319.jpeg

Asking as a non-diesel guy: Why block the throttle body inlet?
Excessive pressure in the Head. Common to burst the rocker cover and Crank Case. Run the line into the Cross over pipe to release the pressure.

Weekend was a blast.

Sorted the final pieces for my Glow System. New switch for the dash and starting solenoid good for 100Amps.

Also had my Seat Rail material delivered and the 0.9mm sheet steel to start tackling some of these rust spots.

IMG_20210418_092909_577.jpg

Sorted out a new 720CCA Battery from Century Batteries.
Finally can test my new glow system.
FJ55mods.PNG

Quick wiring tonight for the Wilson Switch. I moved away from the conventional 60 series Superglow system and replace with direct 12vDC to the plugs via a @narvaaustralia 150Amp Relay and Bosch Glow Plugs.

Momentary switch and 12v LED Light wired in to make sure nothing goes wrong in the future.
Next to change the Clutch Slave Cylinder and we're onto Seat Mounts and Floor Repairs!
55glows.jpg

When you going to paint that bumper. :)

It add's character!
I'll paint it the same time I finish the floor's rust and paint that. Few weeks? If I leave it rusty, my insurance company won't change my policy type :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Todays efforts were a bit deflated.
Missus came out to give me a hand to start the car. She got into the drivers seat and got to show her how to start the car.

After a few tries of cranking over it was evident something wasn't right. Quick check with the multimeter found the EDIC would lose voltage on key start and was cutting the fuel from the pump.
Pretty unhappy with my auto sparky already but this is salt in the wounds.

I had a few beers and decided to see how I could start with the rust. My Dad happened to remember he had a 3 in 1 Bender/Gilloutine/Roller he used once next to the bucket of nails he's saved the last 20 years. So another few neck oils later it was back at my house.

Here's a few scrap pieces I tried out.
20210425_155905.jpg

Looking forward to tackling a few small bits with this. Only being 300mm (11.8" non-queens maths) it's not huge but it'll get me out of trouble for now.

Tell you what if I had any more patience I'd be a doctor..

With my woes with the EDIC relay wiring I had installed which didn't work I took it upon myself to remove all the wiring and start fault finding.

What I found was when I went to Key Start it, the EDIC would turn off and starve it of fuel.

what it should do is..

EDIC Position (Off)
Pushed forward. Prevents Fuel to the Pump.
-43.7*
Screenshot_20210426-200527_Video Player.jpg

EDIC Position (Run)
Set position at 0*
Allows fuel to the motor.
Screenshot_20210426-200602_Video Player.jpg

EDIC Position (Over Injection)
Pulled back to over fuel for Start Up. +43.7*
Screenshot_20210426-200552_Video Player.jpg

Diagnosis???

See if you can spot the not below.
Left side is from the Key Barrel.
Right is to my Relays & EDIC control.

20210426_193256.jpg

Last edited:
EDIC Update.
55 has been booked into another Auto Electrician who has a strong Landcruiser history backing. EDIC should be repaired and work correctly by the end of the week. I'm also going to replace the Starter Motor just for safe keeping.
Installed the new Clutch Slave that was leaking, meaning it's ready to drive under it's own power.

I've also researching on how to fix my leaking Front Output Shaft and by the looks of things the Transfer is coming back out.
One step forward and two steps back I guess.

I'll also take delivery of my Allied Savannah rims. These are a Look-a-like for the HDJ79R Factory GXL Rims. They're such a gorgeous wheel. Can't wait to show you.

FJ55fressh.PNG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom