Registry FJ45 Registry (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey I've got what I believe is the only 1965 FJ45 in my country, Dhaka, Bangladesh. Pics were taken in 2018.. she's been parked up in a warehouse ever since.. time to get it going.

Screenshot_20220716-033307_Gallery.jpg

IMG_20181025_173210.jpg

Those are beautiful.
Do you know where the original selling dealer was?
Were the swing away tire racks original to the car? My 63 was under the floor. -13034.

Yes both were originally swing away carriers. Not sure where the red one was originally sold the green one was sold in southern Oregon as far as I know, then my dad purchased it in 72 or 73 from the original owner.

1980 HJ45
HJ45041511

Alive I hope….I just sold it.

Recently sold and now is in Texas, imported in 2020 from Costa Rica by yours truly.

A7614C04-D89A-4088-9E1D-C562AB49181F.jpeg

F644BF17-0A4E-40F8-99E8-218D8A9B8E05.jpeg

1940A743-3DC5-4D4F-BA58-AA6C67669FD3.jpeg

And the engine in the back is a spare I picked up a couple weeks ago, it doesn’t turn over but it’s still a good amount of parts, and I’m going to soak the cylinders for a bit and maybe free it up. I’m also currently redoing the window seals and door seals all around. But the overall plans for the truck are to fix the driver door and get all the electrical issues ironed out and leave the patina how it is, it’s really grown on me, maybe have the frame and axles recoated to preserve it a little bit, but overall not much rust, just a couple spots in the usual locations. This truck was from Oregon and I bought it off of a guy I know in Florida, he drove it as is for 2-3 years and got rid of this one and bought 2 more

And the engine in the back is a spare I picked up a couple weeks ago, it doesn’t turn over but it’s still a good amount of parts, and I’m going to soak the cylinders for a bit and maybe free it up. I’m also currently redoing the window seals and door seals all around. But the overall plans for the truck are to fix the driver door and get all the electrical issues ironed out and leave the patina how it is, it’s really grown on me, maybe have the frame and axles recoated to preserve it a little bit, but overall not much rust, just a couple spots in the usual locations. This truck was from Oregon and I bought it off of a guy I know in Florida, he drove it as is for 2-3 years and got rid of this one and bought 2 more
Would you consider getting a headache bar and fix the fender dent?

Would you consider getting a headache bar and fix the fender dent?
I’ve thought about building a headache bar to the exact specs of the factory one, I know a guy right down the road that I could use his to fab one up, and I’m undecided on the fender, I’ve got a brand new fender in the box ready to go on but I would want it to match the rustic look, I may just wait until I decide to fix it all up and paint it

If it runs and drives as is, and you're happy with it, that's what counts. How's the slop in the 3-on-the tree? Manageable?

If it runs and drives as is, and you're happy with it, that's what counts. How's the slop in the 3-on-the tree? Manageable?
Not bad at all, i greased everything up from the shift lever all the way to the transmission and it seems to be doing alright, it’s got some crusty parts here and there but I’m kinda figuring out what it needs as I go, hopefully have it back on the road in the next month, needs quite a few seals and gaskets on the engine and transmission.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom