FJ40 racing the 2017 Baja 1000 - Wow! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
cruiseroutfitters.com
Wow, I mean wow. This last minute Baja 1000 race entry just has our entire team giddy. Tim and crew are racing a fairly stock FJ40 in the Vintage class tomorrow. Near every member of Canguro Racing (read about our 200 Series racing endeavor here) all have owned or currently own a 40 so you can imaging just how ecstatic we were to see this in contingency and tech today!

IMG_3060.JPG

IMG_3053.JPG

IMG_3056.JPG

IMG_3058.JPG

IMG_3055.JPG

And my favorite

IMG_3067.JPG

I believe these guys are going to wish they would have softened-up that rear suspension dramatically, and aborted the rear bumper. Hopefully the spare tire, cage, and fuel cell will help hold that rear-end down.

I believe these guys are going to wish they would have softened-up that rear suspension dramatically, and aborted the rear bumper. Hopefully the spare tire, cage, and fuel cell will help hold that rear-end down.

They are in it for the long haul and place to race again so I'm sure they will be modifying and tweaking things along the way. I've committed to helping them with spare parts for their future racing endeavors. Such cool guys!

Wow, that's sweet. I skipped going this year.
Wish I could have been there to check it out

That rear bumper is old school awesome..

That rear bumper is old school awesome..

I have one just like it. Took if of my buddies 40 after watching him drag it across every rock on the Rubicon. It's now a weight on the drag I use to groom my wife's arena. Works great for that.

I would expect that anyone building a vehicle for that race would have done their homework on whose springs to have custom built for the vehicle.

I also will be following. Very cool! Reminds me of the hardcover binder annual Hotrod mag volumes I looked at as a kid that my uncle still has.

I have one just like it. Took if of my buddies 40 after watching him drag it across every rock on the Rubicon. It's now a weight on the drag I use to groom my wife's arena. Works great for that.

I've one that is double tube hangs even lower. Ends are rounded forward. Was given it more than twenty years ago. One time I mounted on a cruiser with intent putting a basket in the hitch to carry more stuff it wouldn't work. The receiver hitch has rounded corners inside. The basket it true square tubing. Pulled off and put the bumperettes back on.:bang: My 70 FJ40 had home bumper made of heavy angle iron that is a better design than these. I would probably run the rear tube bumper if I had the matching front double tube bumper.:rolleyes:

Tube bumper...c'mon back then they were PIPE bumpers!

Hope they make it!

Needs a bigger cruiser outfitters sticker :)

And is lacking an ih8mud one :)

Great pics !!

I know, I know... that's all I had. @woody is down here with us, perhaps he can get them stickered up.

Just awesome! I can’t imagine the amount of vacation time those guys will need to recover from the beating they’re about to take! That being said I’m jealous.

Hahaha, agreed.

They just go slow. I built a cage for a guy who ran a 40 a few years back. His dad ran the same 40 in the Baja back in the 70's. He wanted to
repeat his dad's mistake...I mean accomplishment

IMG_3027.JPG

That is awesome! Any chance you have his contact details?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom