Stolen FJ40 - Seattle - Tips for the Future (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hell I know I am! I really hope you find it. It’s unfortunate that you have proof that he stole it and they haven’t arrested him. I guess in the era we are in that’s one of the last concern our law enforcement has.

The quality/quantity of the LEO response varies from state to state and municipality to municipality based on state law and lots of other factors that shall not be mentioned/discussed here.

For anyone that has a Sniper, you can use one of the "switched ground" input leads as a nice kill switch.

In the mapping, program that input to trigger an RPM limiter set to something abnormally low (50RPM), and then you can just use a very light duty switch located wherever you like to give it a ground signal. It'll crank, but it won't ever fire. No power wires to run, and if it's loomed up nicely, fairly impossible to bypass under the hood. It won't stop someone with a flatbed/tow rig, but it will stop the opportunistic hotwire crowd.

Good luck on recovery... :confused:

Trust me. I've wrestled with messing all his vehicles. Disabling them for a bit would mean they would get towed/impounded before he could fix them. He parks in too nice of a neighborhoods to have them camped too long.

Only issue is he knows where I live and I have no idea what his true mental state is. My only fear is him being unhinged and coming back when I'm not around. Not worried if I'm home, but don't live alone so have to take into account. So confronting him is a tough choice I'm still not certain on.

Trust me. I've wrestled with messing all his vehicles. Disabling them for a bit would mean they would get towed/impounded before he could fix them. He parks in too nice of a neighborhoods to have them camped too long.

Only issue is he knows where I live and I have no idea what his true mental state is. My only fear is him being unhinged and coming back when I'm not around. Not worried if I'm home, but don't live alone so have to take into account. So confronting him is a tough choice I'm still not certain on.
I’m for hire

Hell I know I am! I really hope you find it. It’s unfortunate that you have proof that he stole it and they haven’t arrested him. I guess in the era we are in that’s one of the last concern our law enforcement has.

SPD was helpful for a tiny bit, I had an retired crusierhead officer put me in touch with someone and they went hard for a day or two. But everything I have is circumstantial, no actual footage of him in the truck. But they did stop him, get his info and tried to pressure him into giving up info. But had to let him go.

But the fact he is on video tossing the airtag away and have him around my property is enough for me to be 100% sure he is involved.

SPD was helpful for a tiny bit, I had an retired crusierhead officer put me in touch with someone and they went hard for a day or two. But everything I have is circumstantial, no actual footage of him in the truck. But the fact he is on video tossing the airtag away and have him around my property is enough for me to be 100% sure he is involved.
I have had nightmares about having my cruiser missing and when I wake up it takes a second to realize it’s a dream. I can’t even imagine like what it’s like to actually live through it. I can’t fathom the emotions you’re going through. And I completely agree about if you approach him what the outcome could be considering he knows where you live. And it’s a lot worse when you have family. I really hope it turns up ok.

I was worried that you'd get this close to justice, but ultimately not get it. I wonder if it would be better to just know nothing than to be in this situation.

But here's some unsolicited advice from a total stranger: don't let this degenerate pull you down. Once you're sure that justice won't be done, the best thing you can do is figure out how to move on. Messing with the guy, confronting him, etc will only get you deeper into the hole and won't bring you any level of satisfaction. It'll just consume more of your mental resources that could be spent on other life things.

Not saying you should give up now, but at some point, it may be the best thing you can do for yourself.

I've been seeing this on Instagram. So sorry about this. I hope you find your 40 soon. On the topic of the Airtag, I'm all for it. I just modified some for my vehicles and so far, so good. Taking out the speaker was stupid simple but wait to do it until after you've paired it with your phone. I put mine in these Tag Vaults from Elevation Labs. They're waterproof and come with 3M VHB tape on the back so you can hide them inside or outside of the vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom