FJ40 Carb/Accelerator Linkage (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm not sure I have my linkage connected correctly or I have a wrong part or two.

It seems like the linkage to gas pedal rod is on a pretty good angle as well as the linkage to carb rod. It seems like the ball on the gas pedal would be better aligned if it were on the other side. It's a 5/1977 FJ40.
IMG_8119.JPG
IMG_8117.JPG
IMG_8116.JPG

Don’t think/know of a difference in ‘77 vs. my ‘82 but the accelerator pedal on mine has the ball connector on the opposite side of yours...

Pictures of mechanical linkage pedal...

2D9BB94F-939A-4A76-A02C-90380C2CAF46.jpeg
4764D354-F416-4229-BBFF-38832F15B3D3.jpeg

I’m 8/77 but had aftermarket carb setup when I bought her. Went back to stock carb several years ago and had to cobble all my pieces together. Here’s what my linkage looks like from the pedal to the accelerator shaft, mine has the short vertical shaft straight up from the pedal to the horizontal linkage. The horizontal piece I have is straight and doesn’t have the D shape I saw in yours. I also noticed that the short vertical linkage on mine attaches to the pedal on the passenger side of the pedal, yours looks like it’s on the driver side. Here’s a crude pic from mine.

Hope it helps

51290B6D-FC76-417D-AD72-98F4F5B14AA1.jpeg

Here’s one more shot of all my parts assembled before I started the conversion back to stock

2F491EFB-05C4-4D04-A4AF-CAD8CE793B81.jpeg

yep, the ball on the gas pedal should be on the other side. The rest of it looks right. I have looked at a lot of various set ups trying to figure mine out, and I dont recall ever seeing a pedal like that. However, most of my issues were closer to the carb.

U might have a RHD gas Peddal

either way Your ball is on the wrong side and must be switches , U can take a drill but say 1/4 and Just Kiss the Rivit , , pull it out the flip it , put a nice spot weld on it and your good to go

who restored your linkage ? they did a very nice job ......

DSCN3300 - Copy.JPG
DSCN3303.JPG
DSCN3306.JPG
DSCN3309.JPG

Did you buy those parts, or have them on hand?
Because I am looking for a select few.
Contact: @ToyotaMatt - pretty sure he can hook you up……. plus it will be much prettier than all the parts around it! 🤣

Contact: @ToyotaMatt - pretty sure he can hook you up……. plus it will be much prettier than all the parts around it! 🤣
Will do, seems he's the plug for almost anything!

Contact me PM after you review my T-TEN Technical Application Video Tutorial at hand your dealing with , i have the 411 KEYS to the LINKAGE Kingdoms and all the

NOS & Re-Plated
Needed parts to fix , repair or remedy any 40 Series Sad or tired issue at hand ......:cool:

(1.3) - Copy.png

How much would one 057-45, and one 057-30 cost?

hi jackson

you sent me a PM then closed it to any further replies ?

i can't respond or send photos to you of the required parts u need here ?

How much would one 057-45, and one 057-30 cost?
Jackson

I’m an old school guy, and I consider it to be poor form to bid against another vendor I am on good terms with on an open forum. And I won’t do it back door by PM either.

I posted without any particular buyers in mind just to remind folks that I am an option, since I am the best kept secret in the Landcruiser world. :rolleyes:

If you would like a quotation from me, you are welcome to leave a voicemail at my office.😊

@imyahucklbrry

Jackson

I’m an old school guy, and I consider it to be poor form to bid against another vendor I am on good terms with on an open forum. And I won’t do it back door by PM either.

I posted without any particular buyers in mind just to remind folks that I am an option, since I am the best kept secret in the Landcruiser world. :rolleyes:

If you would like a quotation from me, you are welcome to leave a voicemail at my office.😊

frontpage2.1 - Copy  2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom