First time Females and FJs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I wish I knew more about factory bodywork before I bought.

But that's because I want to go back to factory bodywork, which is going to be a BIG project with this one.

But for the price I picked it up for, I can live with it (have been for 7 years) :)

Well, its official. This is my 1974 FJ 40. More to come...I've got to call the insurance company and such.. it was an added pleasure to meet and purchase this girl from a mudder..now for the real work!

ForumRunner_20120630_100442.jpg

Tow guy pulls up..strange look on his face..

My husband: You ever see a vehicle like this?

Tow guy: only in a Tarzan movie.

there's your name for it :hillbilly:

Actually, the official name is "ME JANE" ..

Wow, that was quick! Ten days and she's got what looks to be a nice start. Welcome to the madness, or should I say MUDness. You'll be happy you found this forum. Out of the four FJ40 owners I have met in my neck of the woods, only one was aware of IH8mud.

Congrats, :cheers:

If you don't have power steering, put some 9.50 tires on your 40. It will become much more comfortable to drive.

Congrats, :cheers:

If you don't have power steering, put some 9.50 tires on your 40. It will become much more comfortable to drive.

Thanks for the tip! Ive got to venture back over to the FAQ and figure out which/what fluids I need..but the real job calls me..guess tomorrow afternoon I can figure out where to start!!

LOL, congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the madness!

Well, its official. This is my 1974 FJ 40.

'74 is one of my favorite years for a LandCruiser...does it have the 4-speed transmission?

..but the real job calls me..!!

Yeah. ....Get back in the kitchen Sarca.

Your better half can take over now.

:D

(I'm safe. I'm a pretty long shot for your .223)

BTW - Congrats ... Very nice purchase.

Actually, the official name is "ME JANE" ..

Love it! Nice to meet "Me Jane", more pictures though please.
I named my 71 "Lump" after a song..."She's Lump, she's Lump, she's in my head..." :D

'74 is one of my favorite years for a LandCruiser...does it have the 4-speed transmission?

Sure does..Ill post more pics tomorrow afternoon...looks like we'll be checking the clutch and seeing if we can find the small leak in the transfer case...Ahhhh the joys of 'parenting' my 40 begin..HOPEFULLY its easier than dealing with an 11 year old girl!:D

Have to thank all in the club..Sarca finally go her 40' !! !

Really learned much in here, and we will be learning much more

1st job on "Me Jane" tomorrow is filling and bleeding the Clutch Master Cylinder and slave cylinder to find out why its dry...gotta have a leak somewhere ( resevoir is bone dry, but clutch is stil working,,at this point..LOL)

Sarca's hubby.

Sarca & Me Wrench Jane, I'm not much of a mechanic yet and I put mini truck powersteering in myself, I I sent Orange45(who I got most of the parts from) and my brother a fair number of emails, but I got it done. but it was a huge improvement. I'm only running 31*10s though, and it will not go to much bigger.

After working out any bugs that you need to make it street legal and safe, I'd recommend it highly.

Congrats on your new toy!

Cal-

It's a 2f, put in by PO when purchased from previous PREVIOUS owner the original engine had seized up. I've gotta work this morning and the I'll come home and start the once over..we are going to change all the fluids out, change the alternator belt and work on the clutch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom