Finding the right Tie Rod Clamp for FJ70 tie and relay rods (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

POPO AGIE

SILVER Star
Threads
I have a set of FJ70 tie rods tie rod ends, and ordered tie rod clamps for FJ70 tie rods but the clamps are too small. The rods measure 1.083" and the clamps are 1.019". The part number is 45466-55010 on the clamps. I have looked all over the internet and they don't put the ID of the clamps in the add. I don't want to place another order for clamps and have the wrong size. I have checked on reams but there is not enough wall thickness in the clamps to ream to fit the rods. I have even looked at McMaster Carr for shaft clamps an at least they have IDs listed for the clamps.

Any recommendations?

Found NAPA has tie rod clamps that are close enough to open them up with a die grinder to work with FJ70 Tie and Relay rods. They come with sleeves that I did not need.

NAPA TIE ROD CLAMP PART NUMBER.jpg

Opened up the clamps with a die grinder until they fit snugly with plenty of material left. If I had done that with the Toyota clamps they would have been way to week.

OPENING THE CLAMP WITH A DIE GRINDER AND BURR BIT.jpg

Fitted clamps to the relay rod

NAPA TIE ROD CLAMPS FITTED TO FJ70 TIE RELAY ROD.jpg

Found NAPA has tie rod clamps that are close enough to open them up with a die grinder to work with FJ70 Tie and Relay rods. They come with sleeves that I did not need.

View attachment 3123066

Opened up the clamps with a die grinder until they fit snugly with plenty of material left. If I had done that with the Toyota clamps they would have been way to week.

View attachment 3123068

Fitted clamps to the relay rod

View attachment 3123069
Great post and I was happy to see an organized/clutter workbench like mine. My wife doesn't understand.

Organized chaos, I am always loosing tools or parts and then find them later. I now put new parts on the shelves to keep them away from my makeshift table.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom