Electronic Distributor 1980 FJ40 Rebuild or new???? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have sent my 1980 Calif. 1980 FJ40 Electronic Distributor in to have rebuilt twice and cannot get anyone to rebuild. Any one out there know who rebuilds these things or do I need to go to a single wire DUI Distributor . I need to get my every day driver back on the road....... any help would be appreciated:bang::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer: THANKS

If you have a lead on one I would be interested in purchasing it and the side plate..... rqal@sbcglobal.net Thanks :hmm::wrench:

What is the problem with it? There isn't much that can go wrong with it. You can still buy the signal generator, but the vacuum advance is no longer available for most of them.

The electronic eyes are bad and I have replaced them once with an old distributor I had but have been looking for alternatives to make it run correctly. I have a problem with it dying when I pull up to stop sign. I have installed new carb coverd all of the fuel lines with hose ( thought the lines were heating the fuel up) don't know what else to check......

Where did you purchase the signal generators from

I have a problem with it dying when I pull up to stop sign. I have installed new carb coverd all of the fuel lines with hose ( thought the lines were heating the fuel up) don't know what else to check......

have you checked to make sure the idle selenoid is working?

No is this mounted on the top of the carb

SOR has signal generators for this year and maybe Toyota still has them. Dying when you stop does not sound like an ignition problem. Try adjusting your idle speed. Also check for manifold vacuum leaks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom