Electrical gurus - where do I locate turn signal and reverse light wires? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
In a process of installing aftermarket stereo. I need reverse light signal for rear camera. I also need turn signals for side cameras.

Yes, I can get it in a back where taillight wiring is, but ideally I'd like to find it somewhere upfront. passenger or driver footwell area?
If you can point where to look?

Thank you!

In a process of installing aftermarket stereo. I need reverse light signal for rear camera. I also need turn signals for side cameras.

Yes, I can get it in a back where taillight wiring is, but ideally I'd like to find it somewhere upfront. passenger or driver footwell area?
If you can point where to look?

Thank you!
Don't know what year yours is but in 1998-2002 the reverse wire can be found at pin number 14 of the 18 pin connector to the nav unit found under the passenger seat. Should be a red/black wire coming out of the plug.
It may apply to later years as well but not sure. You may have to do some testing to verify that.
Sorry, but I can't help with the turn signal wires.

Last edited:
Don't know what year yours is but in 1998-2002 the reverse wire can be found at pin number 14 of the 18 pin connector to the nav unit found under the passenger seat. Should be a red/black wire coming out of the plug.
Sorry, but I can't help with the turn signal wires.
Yeah. No. Mine is 2000, no NAV. Only Nakamichi amp under seat. But it should be pre-wired for NAV? If so, I might find it anyways?

I would think so if they had nav in 2000. Take a look under the seat, see if the plug is there....

Try the EWD; it's in the 100 series Resources section for free download. The FSM is there, too.

Turn signals are available from the flasher. Pins 2 and 3 are the output to the bulbs. Pins 5 and 6 are the input signals from the stalk.

Screenshot 2023-10-10 080713.png

The easiest location for the reverse light seems to be the IN1 junction connector behind the glove box. See page 126 of the EWD which @Malleus posted in the resources. Look for the red wire with black stripe.

Screenshot 2023-10-10 081725.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom