Tail Lights Pulsing With Turn Signal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As the title says, my tail/brake lights have started flashing when I turn on my turn signals. Doesn't matter whether its driver or passenger signal turned on, both drive and passenger tail/brake lights pulse with the turn signal. Also, my third brake light pulses, but only when the passenger signal is activated. I installed Lasfit LED tail/brake, reverse and turn signal bulbs in place of the stock bulbs. They worked fine for over a month and then this started. I tried swapping back to the stock bulbs but I had the pulsing issue with them, too.

Does this sound like a ground problem?

Thanks in advance.

Check for any corrosion in the trailer wire plug. Clean and fill it with dielectric grease so no water gets in. Additionally, check for weak ground wires, with loose ground wires, the circuit can back-feed to get the ground it requires.

Check for any corrosion in the trailer wire plug. Clean and fill it with dielectric grease so no water gets in. Additionally, check for weak ground wires, with loose ground wires, the circuit can back-feed to get the ground it requires.
By the trailer wire plug, do you mean the connector on the passenger side by the exhaust? Or the actual connector at the trailer hitch? Also, is there a ground location behind the rear light housing that you know of? I'm trying to narrow down the ground locations to check. I know the ground wire is white with a black stripe, but I don't know where it gets earth ground.

Thanks

It's the connector mounted to the hitch. If you have an amp clamp, you might be able to check the amount of amps running on the ground (white with black stripe) with turn signals turned on.
If the ground on the blinker is bad, the current then runs into the brake/park bulb (both brake and park shares same ground within the bulb, henc both turns on; and turn signal bulb and brake/park shares the same ground wire mounted to the body) and back feeds into park bulb relay.

Pull the park/brake bulb out of the socket and see whether the turn signal bulb turns on at all. If it doesn't then you are looking at a bad ground.

Also check all the bulbs and the metal connection on the bulb and inside the socket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom