Eldest's wagon gets a Dobinson lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It was upwards of a 2 day battle (dam spring pins) but my eldest seems happy with her Xmas present. The lift is Dobinsons 7 leaf springs all round. I initially put in some castor correction shims...death wobble arrived at 40 mph. Scratched head....removed shims...no more death wobble. I am getting some, what I think may be driveline vibration coming in around 70 mph now. I'll chech angles. May need to shim the rear. Other than that all seems well. I dunno why this pic won't rotate ....dam ipoo says I rotated it.

image.jpg

Looks really good! What size tires are you running in the pic? Where'd you pick this lift kit up? Looks like it lifts the 60 a little less than OME, which is what I'm looking for.

Very nice 62!

That is a cool present, my kids will have to wait but they like 4x4
Last day of 2013:
file.php

Very nice cruiser!

Looks good. Now teach her to drive a manual!

btw, where did you buy the Dobinson's ? I didn't know they were imported...

Well, the Dobinsons were on a 60 that I picked up last year and moved along to shmuktster for a part out. I kept springs and greasy shackles. Dobinson just getting a USA presence started down in Florida. I ordered up their shocks, bushings and some new arb u-bolts. Tires b 33s right now. She wants to learn to drive stick...ultimately she envisions 65 Shelby gt 350 in her future. I say good luck wit dat, but in the meantime my trail 40 aka the hybrid synergy drive sports a ford 5 oh ho....close enough :grinpimp:

Nice looking rig, luv that red, hope I can get mine to come up like that:)

had to fix it, was hurting my neck.
and you may have pushed me over the edge on whether or not my 60 needs an arb...looking like it does in fact need one.

todd.jpg

Last edited:
That thing looks great! Perfect level ride height. How much lift did you get?

had to fix it, was hurting my neck.
and you may have pushed me over the edge on whether or not my 60 needs an arb...looking like it does in fact need one.

Every single time I post a picture from either my iPhone or iPad it rotates the picture sideways. The picture will be in the correct orientation on the device, but as soon as it gets on the site, it is sideways. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Zack

Every single time I post a picture from either my iPhone or iPad it rotates the picture sideways. The picture will be in the correct orientation on the device, but as soon as it gets on the site, it is sideways. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Zack

It means you have AIDS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom