OME 2” lift (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys!
First post on here and would like to introduce myself. My name is Blake and I am from Columbus, Ohio. I have been daily driving a 2000 LC and just recently acquired one of my dream cars, a 1987 FJ60. I go to a small school in Kansas called McPherson College where I am learning to restore classic cars in addition to getting a business degree. I road-tripped my 60 from Columbus to McPherson where I am now tearing into it. The suspension is pretty worn out and definitely needs a refresh, I have seen the 2” OME medium load lift on cruiser corps but noticed that it is a 6-8 week wait for delivery. I am curious if there is another place that I could order this kit from that would potentially ship sooner?

Thanks

IMG_7619.jpeg

I would also strongly suggest you consider the Dobinsons suspension. I’ve run OME and Dobby and prefer the latter. That’s just, like, my opinion man.

I’ve previous bought OME suspension from Cruiser Outfitters. More recently I bought my Dobinsons stuff from @samc2447 at Northwest Design & Fab. Both were great experiences. NWDF is in Texas and also does killer resto work fwiw.

I would also strongly suggest you consider the Dobinsons suspension. I’ve run OME and Dobby and prefer the latter. That’s just, like, my opinion man.

I’ve previous bought OME suspension from Cruiser Outfitters. More recently I bought my Dobinsons stuff from @samc2447 at Northwest Design & Fab. Both were great experiences. NWDF is in Texas and also does killer resto work fwiw.
Great thank you for the info, I will definitely do some research on the Dobinson setup. Can I ask why you prefer that over OME?

Great thank you for the info, I will definitely do some research on the Dobinson setup. Can I ask why you prefer that over OME?
It's noticably more comfortable on-road. My understanding is the OME springs have fewer, thicker leaves and the Dobinsons have more, thinner leaves. Also the Dobinsons shocks are heavier and provide more damping than OME.

For what it's worth I bought my Dobinsons suspension from @crikeymike at Exit Offroad and had it a week later.

I’ll echo that. More comfortable ride on the road. I also find they flex better on the trail (I’m running a 4-5” shackle reversal lift and 33s). OME’s concept seems to be based on carrying LOTS of weight - a month long journey across the Outback for example. For my camping purposes, usually out for 3-7 days, I’ve found the Dobinsons do perfectly fine with the load I’m carrying. If I had dual spare tires, 20g each of water and fuel, etc, etc, maybe I’d feel different.

Fwiw, I went with the IMS shocks from Dobinson and I love them. Far less jarring than OME’s Nitrochargers.

We would love to help @ Cruiser Outfitters. We have Old Man Emu and Dobinsons kits in stock and ready for immediate shipping along with all of the while your in there parts you may want/need such as sway bar extensions, hardware, etc. Our parts team will discuss your exact FJ60, your current and future plans, tire size, etc and dial in a suspension for you. Give us a call and we can make it happen: 801-563-1277

Here are a few kits we shipped out this last week :cool:

1709242040040.jpeg

I run the OME with Bilstein shocks on my 87 and I am really happy with the ride. I have never ridden in a cruiser with Dobinsons so can’t compare the two.
For me, I was able to get the lift from a local supplier and that was mostly the deciding factor.

Had OME since 2009 and switched to Dobinsons last year maybe. It is a better ride not as harsh and feels better. I eliminated the cluncks on the OME leaf packs when you go around a corner. I am a Dobinsons fan and convert.

I installed the OME on mine about two years ago. I do not recommend this lift. Rides nice but now developing a noticeable sag on front drivers side. I purchased it from Cruiser Corps and that was a nightmare, never resolved. Kit from Cruiser Corps arrived with wrong shackles for the rear and wrong shock bushings. Purchased correct parts from Cruiser Outfitters and they were great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom