Builds The Saggin’ Wagon Part Deux - Tilda Bogue Service Station (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

wngrog

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.seeandeatms.com
A long time ago in a garage far far away…..

The Saggin Wagon was born

Fast forward 5 years and 10,000 miles and the 3rd owner (since rebirth has sent this thing to Tilda Bogue to make it like he wants it.

It arrived a few weeks ago and has been patiently waiting its turn for some love while I started racking up parts from many great vendors around the country.

Yesterday I brought it in and started in on the two most pressing issues. Bad starter and no brakes. But first I had to call Cam and ask why it would not start. Turns out it was the fuel pump relay and luckily there was a spare in the glove box
71934761823__5EA71327-C9CC-472C-83E6-6055A32A52A4.jpeg

I snaked in a new/rebuilt starter yesterday first and then started digging into the brake issue.
Here are some before pics
IMG_5215.jpeg

Some dopey wind vane someone used self tappers into the roof to mount

I think the owner leaves it under a tree. The paint is super dirty and every crack has oak leaves in it.
IMG_5209.jpeg
IMG_5210.jpeg

Last edited:
No brakes.

Funny thing is it got here like that which is kinda hard to deal with since the E brake also does not work.

I cracked open the rear brakes first suspecting them and frozen bell cranks since the ebrake is non op.

I had already bought cylinders, shoes and OEM drums but when I got into the bell cranks they were hopelessly frozen. I tried to press the pin out but it broke the aluminum housing.

So….I called CruiserMatt who stocks all things 60 drum brake and he’s sending me the dope

IMG_5218.jpeg
IMG_5219.jpeg
71936028994__00017087-5839-4618-ACC4-B2416B97F72C.jpeg

Popped the wheels back on sans brakes, clamped off the rear soft brake line (cylinders toast and leaking) and pulled it out on the powerline for proper “before” photos

Last edited:
First project. Get the awful roof rack and wind vane off.
IMG_5230.jpeg

I decided to leave the outer rack runners because they have 6 self tappers per rail and nothing leaks. The new roof rack should make them invisible

Once that was off, I had to deep clean the roof and use 3M to remove all the sticky from the glued on rack runners
IMG_5231.jpeg
IMG_5232.jpeg

Next polish and wax. That was by far the worst of the paint correction. Had to make it nice and protect it before I cover it up with a rack
IMG_5234.jpeg

IMG_5235.jpeg

you tagged the wrong Matt

7D617198-4DE4-486A-A366-2A1769511405.jpeg

Last edited:
Trying something new for headlights on this one. These Holley Retrobright look the part and all the videos I see show they have a hood high/low beam cut. I’ll report back. They are not cheap.
IMG_5342.jpeg

Next I added a hood strut kit from Amazon. No more prop rod nonsense
IMG_5343.jpeg

Rust Farmer D pillar vents. These things are magnificent.
IMG_5346.jpeg

Added some bump stops to the hood as well.
IMG_5347.jpeg
IMG_5348.jpeg

IMG_5345.jpeg

1698099107171.png

Trying something new for headlights on this one. These Holley Retrobright look the part and all the videos I see show they have a hood high/low beam cut. I’ll report back. They are not cheap.
View attachment 3463345
Next I added a hood strut kit from Amazon. No more prop rod nonsense
View attachment 3463346
Rust Farmer D pillar vents. These things are magnificent.
View attachment 3463347
Added some bump stops to the hood as well.
View attachment 3463348View attachment 3463349

View attachment 3463350
VERY CLEAN INSTALL OF LS

I'll be damned if this isn't the perfect OEM+ looking daily driver type build.
This is the cleanest, tightest, quietest 60 I have ever experienced. Perfect daily driver, modernized, but a total sleeper.

Spoiler alert on the Holley Retrobrights: They're AWESOME.

Keen to see the updates on this refresh!
Did you need anything special to make them work with the 60 wiring? Sometimes LEDs won’t work with a 60. These are not coming on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom