El Cochiloco (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nah, foo, this piggy staying with me, unless I can somehow complete a trade deal for a FJ45. With or without motor.

But if you just take random roads home, you never know what you can find...
I know I was just kidding.
But yeah I need to get on my MC and ride around and find some abandon cars.
I’ll be in AZ maybe next month to work on my bro’s FZJ80 again. Knuckle rebuild. So who knows maybe see you out there. Soon.
In the meantime keep an eye out. And I will look for a 45 for you.

So any updates on this piggy man??

Fans of this thread are waiting.

Hope all is well

Okay, here is a little bit more. It was bought new, driven from the dealership to a Tijuana airport, where it was broken down into fractions so that it could be airlifted by helicopter into Sinaloa in the middle of the Juaquin “El Chapo” Guzman wilderness. It was then reassembled and served as a transport of cocaine from the airstrip to the US. It's entire first life until the late 90's was spent within one mile of the border. My primo was working for the cartel when they decided to update the vehicle. He bought it, disassembled it for its second airlift to the Eloy airport. It was reassembled, driven to my brothers mini ranch, and put in the barn. He has kept up maintenance on it, and kept it running once in awhile to keep the gaskets fresh, new tires and etc.

I saw the pig about last year, and told him that If he ever decided to sell, I wanted first notice. Three days ago I got that notice, and snapped up the rig I have always dream of driving.
Anyway, got some exciting things in the works... stay tuned
289089A5-B8E9-41A5-AAAF-1662423307F5.jpeg

That's it?
I just don't really find it necessary to post photos except when I have something new. Right now I am still evaluating what I do and do not need. I also don't see the need for other folks to make decisions for me, or demands on me. If you don't like that fact, don't follow the thread. I am considering whether this is the right venue for me. I have no need for other peoples demands, I already pretty much do everything for myself anyway......

Just kidding, foo. I am collecting parts and hope to have it all buttoned up by the fall, when AC won't be needed in the AZ desert. I also am going to ask some questions about parts replacement. I am assuming that not everything has to be OE. If Nolanz can put in a mini truck booster, so can I. Also, as an example, I purchased a fuel sending unit for the '76, which was way more expensive than the '70-75 or '80-87. Am I just getting bamboozled or is there real differences in certain parts from the '76 from other years. Seems like that period of parts is way more expensive.

I never realized or heard of 76 parts being higher in cost. I had a 76 FJ40, but can't remember that being a red headed stepchild.

Hey scrapdizzle! Hope all is well! Thanks for chiming in, I really appreciate it.

what I am referring to is this, as an example
670E8F59-D4C8-44CB-BDEA-2E0B7C06D7D0.jpeg
i hope this explains my grief. Any insight is appreciated

I just don't really find it necessary to post photos except when I have something new. Right now I am still evaluating what I do and do not need. I also don't see the need for other folks to make decisions for me, or demands on me. If you don't like that fact, don't follow the thread. I am considering whether this is the right venue for me. I have no need for other peoples demands, I already pretty much do everything for myself anyway......

Just kidding, foo. I am collecting parts and hope to have it all buttoned up by the fall, when AC won't be needed in the AZ desert. I also am going to ask some questions about parts replacement. I am assuming that not everything has to be OE. If Nolanz can put in a mini truck booster, so can I. Also, as an example, I purchased a fuel sending unit for the '76, which was way more expensive than the '70-75 or '80-87. Am I just getting bamboozled or is there real differences in certain parts from the '76 from other years. Seems like that period of parts is way more expensive.
That was great. I was reading the post going, oh sh*t, I don't think he realized I was kidding!

Until I saw the second half of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom