El Cochiloco (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Like when I got pulled over because of no tail lights. Simple, just reach the fuses and give a little jiggle, and all good. Except the fuse fell on the floor and I couldn't find it. He let me roll the last couple of miles home with the flashers on. Piece of cake

Wow! Nice score @Garrissey! Look forward to seeing you bring this one back from the dead! :popcorn:

Let me know if you ever need a hand sometime!

Nice score man! Glad you are here. Your thread always leaves me laughing my ass off. There are tons of people here to help with advice and parts. Your truck is better than most so it should be a piece of cake, right?
Thank you dog fish. you're lmao'ing gives me confidence with my write ups. Not bad for a special education level diploma, eh?

Wow! Nice score @Garrissey! Look forward to seeing you bring this one back from the dead! :popcorn:

Let me know if you ever need a hand sometime!
Thanks for offering to lend a helping hand. I usually have PBR stocked so you're welcome to stop by. I live near UofA, so there is a nice chance to see hot coeds.

Thanks for offering to lend a helping hand. I usually have PBR stocked so you're welcome to stop by. I live near UofA, so there is a nice chance to see hot coeds.

Yeah man I'm always willing to if I get the time! I'm right off of 22nd & Kolb so you're not too far away at all.

What are your thoughts for this one?

Plans for El Cochiloco are to immediately drop the tank and get the vintage gas out, then make sure the blood can pump using an OEM fuel pump. I will also get new brake unit set up, with a booster, but hopefully convert to Disk at a minimum for the front. @Cruddz did most the work on Peaches getting her up n running, so this rig is going to take the long road home with me leading the charge.

As for the powerplant, replace EFP and distributor with OEM Mr. Toyoda parts and do a smog delete, since my registration is out in Cotton City and those rules need not apply. Replace hoses and belts with OEM, since that's how I was learned how to replace all components. If you learn it right the first time, you will never have to relearn it again.

For the exterior, I will take a page out of St. Ward's book and keep it estilo derelict. This is going to be tricky, since I will apply the CLR/Linseed treatment, but also I must keep in mind the cancerous spots and how to address those. I hope I don't have to, but might, commission some welding, since there is some dangerous spots on the rig, including the floorboard.

As for the interior, I hope to revitalize the seats with maybe ostrich or crocodile skin from Mexico, but keep the pattern OEM, and also heat treat the inside of the rig, rustoleum the floor boards, then lay the OEM carpets back. Try to obtain a better dash pad. Try to obtain an original steering wheel, the PO must have had gorilla grip since the plastic has been ripped off.

Lastly, for the rims, obtain a couple more OE rims and repaint them grey, slap on the original caps, and then look for some pizza cutters. Rearcing the leafs and also the knuckles.

Plans for El Cochiloco are to immediately drop the tank and get the vintage gas out, then make sure the blood can pump using an OEM fuel pump. I will also get new brake unit set up, with a booster, but hopefully convert to Disk at a minimum for the front. @Cruddz did most the work on Peaches getting her up n running, so this rig is going to take the long road home with me leading the charge.

As for the powerplant, replace EFP and distributor with OEM Mr. Toyoda parts and do a smog delete, since my registration is out in Cotton City and those rules need not apply. Replace hoses and belts with OEM, since that's how I was learned how to replace all components. If you learn it right the first time, you will never have to relearn it again.

For the exterior, I will take a page out of St. Ward's book and keep it estilo derelict. This is going to be tricky, since I will apply the CLR/Linseed treatment, but also I must keep in mind the cancerous spots and how to address those. I hope I don't have to, but might, commission some welding, since there is some dangerous spots on the rig, including the floorboard.

As for the interior, I hope to revitalize the seats with maybe ostrich or crocodile skin from Mexico, but keep the pattern OEM, and also heat treat the inside of the rig, rustoleum the floor boards, then lay the OEM carpets back. Try to obtain a better dash pad. Try to obtain an original steering wheel, the PO must have had gorilla grip since the plastic has been ripped off.

Lastly, for the rims, obtain a couple more OE rims and repaint them grey, slap on the original caps, and then look for some pizza cutters. Rearcing the leafs and also the knuckles.

Nice plan! Looking forward to seeing it come to fruition.

If you're interested I have a solid front axle from an "84 Mini truck. You can take the knuckles off of it and put it on your 55's axle for disc brakes if you want. Then you can run FJ60 rotors with V6 4Runner calipers...really sweet setup!

Hub caps are available new and are pretty cheap: 4261-60020-86 for the fonts
4261-60010-86 for the rears. - under $20 each

Wheels are available too under $100 but used are around.
42601-60072

If you switch to disc brakes you gotta get the non riveted wheel '76 and newer

Like @Ol Yeller said, "Amen"
Almost overwhelmed. confused. lost. flabbergasted. psyched. ready. Let's get this pig back on the road. All Hail Swine Flu.
I want that on a T-shirt

Hub caps are available new and are pretty cheap: 4261-60020-86 for the fonts
4261-60010-86 for the rears. - under $20 each

Wheels are available too under $100 but used are around.
42601-60072
So the rig came with 2 original rims, that are grey. From what you're recommending, I only have to order the front pair for th disk swap? I do not think that I will be placing disk in rear. I do my builds on a budget!

@yotadude520 That sounds like a plan. If you dont get rid of that axel by the time i get to that part of the build, I will give you a holla!

REQUEST: Please keep any and all comments off topic, hateful, and critical. The previous owner may be looking in on here and I'd like to keep a pessimistic thread. Please feel free to be condescending and offer better ideas; I welcome alternate ideas about tacos and beer
799A4000-2837-441C-AAEA-7598273DECCD.jpeg
. Please keep all thread crapping on here.

Great to see such enthusiasm. That’s what it takes to make a good pig owner. You will make your pig proud no matter what the finished result, canister/no canister, paint/no paint what every the out, come it’s still a glorious pig 🐷

Get a pig, your initiation will come.

It's ugly, you overpaid and you should give it to me.

There ya go ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom