Events/Trails DIY Turbo V1.0, Boosted 80 = Happiness (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Oh i see, did you ever end up routing your air intake up to the stock location? have you put it on a dyno? interesting keeping the stock fueling, how much boost did this build?
Intake is still under the truck, just added a heat/splash guard and a 2nd muffler last year. Everything else is pretty much the same.
Boosting up to 10psi currently.

will it be a similar remote turbo system utilizing the stock fuel delivery?
Still not sure, taking care of all the maintenance items before getting to the fun stuff.

Because new money pit

20160913_082058.jpg

That is a smokin' good price for miles, turbo, and all the stuff you've added. If I was shopping for an 80, I'd probably be looking at one way plane ticket prices right now instead of typing this!

Dang, wish I had read this thread a week ago.. Would have happily paid that price over the one I got.

Sold!
New owner drove in from Phoenix and is on his way back to her new home.

it is AEM FI/C, the AEM standalone EMS won't work because of the separate TCU. Like I said you could add a couple hundred dollars to your setup and have a more FI friendly setup, with more power. FI/C 6, will work FI/C 8, has a couple of extra features that are nice, like built in MAP sensor. FI/C 6 is $366

Amazon.com: AEM 30-1910 6 Cylinder Fuel & Ignition Controller: Automotive

Is there an EMS that's better than the AEM but not as costly as the Haltech PS 2000?

Oh i see, did you ever end up routing your air intake up to the stock location? have you put it on a dyno? interesting keeping the stock fueling, how much boost did this build?
pics for fun. I have 70,000 plus miles on my system. Here is the intake/ remote snorkel I built. It was the first time I worked with fiberglass. Fun but, had 40+ hours in it. (Just the snorkel).

F2A705AC-9DF7-4E4A-902D-C5907671F4B5.jpeg

1EE53D56-2E57-44F9-AD03-1E222FE9331A.jpeg

pics for fun. I have 70,000 plus miles on my system. Here is the intake/ remote snorkel I built. It was the first time I worked with fiberglass. Fun but, had 40+ hours in it. (Just the snorkel).

View attachment 2110888

View attachment 2110889
The buyer of my old truck took it to another level, he upgraded for a larger turbo, added a larger intercooler, injectors, fuel management, etc. Love the snorkel and I'm sure you love to see the looks on peoples faces on the hwy as you pass them.
Mind showing us whats underneath?

The buyer of my old truck took it to another level, he upgraded for a larger turbo, added a larger intercooler, injectors, fuel management, etc. Love the snorkel and I'm sure you love to see the looks on peoples faces on the hwy as you pass them.
Mind showing us whats underneath?
That’s awesome! My 80 was literally built with parts that we’re sitting around at my shop in 2007. I had not been on Mud for a few years and stumbled upon your build. It got me excited again. I have the 80 in non op at the moment. A rat was living in it so it needs love. I have a 06 100 that I am doing next. If you search junk yard turbo, mine is there somewhere.
4A112D74-EC86-4044-8F07-42BAE93B30AA.png

I really miss the sound of the spool. Completely different than a traditional turbo. These things sound like an 18 wheeler when entering the freeway!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom