Events/Trails DIY Turbo V1.0, Boosted 80 = Happiness (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What is the kit vs installed price for a 96 LC? I am in Nor Cal but I can bring it down no problem!

Thanks

Prices dramatically vary depending on name brands, sizes, and what accessories are desired. DIY can start at just over $1500 while a full installed version will be just under 3k. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks

Ain't nobody got time for that.
Been super busy, but the truck is still running great with no issues. Got another '96 so going to be selling this truck probably this summer. I am still willing to do complete installs but don't have time to put kit's together.

Last edited:
Hey Im interested on a complete install,would love to stop by your shop so you can see my cruiser and i can test drive your turbo cruiser.

Anytime @conviccted , just PM me or give me a call at the shop to setup a day and we can discuss.

Great...I will have to take a day off work to stop by your shop.I will give you a heads up before going.What is your name ? My name is Victor.

Hey Victor, just Google 2KRacing for store info and ask for John.

Not a single CEL. I'm honestly suprised, I did not think that this setup was going to work this well for the time it has. It's currently boosting just under 10psi. Took it camping last weekend at a local lake with family.

20160528_165205.jpeg

20160529_151608.jpg

I noticed you put a boost blow-off valve to atmosphere up in front under the hood.
Could you comment on the pros and cons of that vs in the back just after the compressor, routed to the compressor intake, or maybe even both places?

Thanks.

You usually would like to install a BOV closest to the throttle body / intake manifold. In some cars re-circulation back into the intake is best, however in some applications won't cause any negative response.

neat system, what did you use for fuel management?
iirc, he's using stock because of the low boost

as long as you're not making more power than the TRD supercharger, you don't need aftermarket fuel management

That's probably the best part of this system, fuel delivery is all stock. Been running great with no CEL's for over 3 years now.

That's probably the best part of this system, fuel delivery is all stock. Been running great with no CEL's for over 3 years now.
now you just need to make a DIY kit we can all buy

I have been driving my other 80 now for a couple months and just yesterday got back behind the turbo again since the other is torn down for some new parts. The turbo 80 drives really light and accelerates on tap like I have no armor or 35's even with stock gears. I really need to get started on my new 80 turbo setup.

Oh i see, did you ever end up routing your air intake up to the stock location? have you put it on a dyno? interesting keeping the stock fueling, how much boost did this build?

I have been driving my other 80 now for a couple months and just yesterday got back behind the turbo again since the other is torn down for some new parts. The turbo 80 drives really light and accelerates on tap like I have no armor or 35's even with stock gears. I really need to get started on my new 80 turbo setup.

will it be a similar remote turbo system utilizing the stock fuel delivery?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom