Did you ride today? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Slapped some new knobbies on the Ogre and tried to pretend it's a mountain bike. This trail is a hoot on a hardtail and a little rough full Ridgid with balloon tires.
20230515_123245.jpg
Screenshot_20230515_165148.jpg

Completed this build and went for a maiden voyage. 1987 Cdale SR2000 period correct-ish build. Looking forward to putting a lot of miles on this.
IMG_2996.jpg

Rode up Deer Park Road yesterday. The gate is still closed at the park boundary so we had the road to ourselves.View attachment 3328867
Deer Park Road in Port Angeles? I grew up one road to the East on O'Brien.... Beautiful country. I haven't been to the top of Deer Park Rd in probably 30 years though. Is there anything at the top?

Side topic, Hurricane Ridge Rd is a popular ride in the summer months. I just found out last week that the Lodge burned down recently :( Lots of early childhood winter memories up there, huge bummer.

Deer Park Road in Port Angeles? I grew up one road to the East on O'Brien.... Beautiful country. I haven't been to the top of Deer Park Rd in probably 30 years though. Is there anything at the top?

Side topic, Hurricane Ridge Rd is a popular ride in the summer months. I just found out last week that the Lodge burned down recently :( Lots of early childhood winter memories up there, huge bummer.
Yep, the one in P.A. It is stunning out there. And sadly you are correct, the lodge burnt down and the road is closed indefinitely until the source of the fire has been determined.

I will say, this climb reminded me of riding up NF20 in Southern Oregon. That road takes you up 5000' over 15 miles. There even is a spring coming out of the side of the mountain close to the top, about where you find yourself running out of water. The benefit of NF20 is its a loop that takes you from Ruch over to Ashland as opposed to a simple out and back but the terrain is similar and you get great views of the Red Buttes out there.

Yeah, I love the floaty feel of the 27.5x 3.0 tires on my single speed hardtail. So freaking fun to ride.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom