Delta VS Radius Arms (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Skinnier front control arms than stock... awesome!

Yes here on mud you will get full spectrum of opinions, & also even unworentnted advertisements for simular products.

So are these newer arms solid stock plate or boxed with the middle piece like the Beta version?

Also do you have any othe pictures of the arms off the vehicle?

Last edited:

Yes here on mud you will get full spectrum of opinions, & also even unworentnted advetisements for simular products.

So are these newer arms solid stock plate or boxed with the middle piece like the Beta version?

I will find some and post, but it'll be a little bit.

Here is a set of @Delta VS radius arms used in a custom application...

Coil spring conversion on a 1990 70-series.

Cheers

Yes here on mud you will get full spectrum of opinions, & also even unworentnted advetisements for simular products.

@GW Nugget ,

Here are mine for my build. 4 Degree custom powder - 4" TourFlex lift.

J

Stock tie rod arm just barely making contact on my 4" delta arms at full droop (wheels straight), I could grab the bar and still turn it hearing it rubbing a little but imagine at full lock wouldn't be possible. Was thinking of upgrading to the marlin hd arms but probably wont now.

View attachment 1941693

Stock tie rod arm just barely making contact on my 4" delta arms at full droop (wheels straight), I could grab the bar and still turn it hearing it rubbing a little but imagine at full lock wouldn't be possible. Was thinking of upgrading to the marlin hd arms but probably wont now.

Hmmmm. Is left wheel stuffed? Any way you can reproduce this situation and take some pics of the other side too? Maybe email them to dave@deltavs.com?

Edit: what springs do you have and how much height difference between panhard bolts at ride height?

View attachment 1941693

I have delta 6” arms. Full droop with wheels straight is the worst case scenario. Full lock right and the left side has huge clearance and on the right side, the tie rod has moved forward closer to the axle where the arm profile curves downward. I agree that there needs to be more overall clearance between the rod and the arms like in the completely stock configuration. Delta, what can be done???

I have delta 6” arms. Full droop with wheels straight is the worst case scenario. Full lock right and the left side has huge clearance and on the right side, the tie rod has moved forward closer to the axle where the arm profile curves downward. I agree that there needs to be more overall clearance between the rod and the arms like in the completely stock configuration. Delta, what can be done???
Lil mr angle grinder can make a visit

Hmmmm. Is left wheel stuffed? Any way you can reproduce this situation and take some pics of the other side too? Maybe email them to dave@deltavs.com?

Edit: what springs do you have and how much height difference between panhard bolts at ride height?

I should clarify I meant one side only was drooped fully the other side was stuffed. will have to check panhard bolt height difference tomorrow. My setup has tjm 2'' springs and 30mm spacers which have netted me around 3.75" actual lift.

I should clarify I meant one side only was drooped fully the other side was stuffed. will have to check panhard bolt height difference tomorrow. My setup has tjm 2'' springs and 30mm spacers which have netted me around 3.75" actual lift.

Ok, please do. As @baldilocks noted, wheels forward is the worst it can get (steering components move up as they get closer to steering limits), so as long as it's not interfering (if you can turn by hand it's not interfering), you should be fine.

Looking at this, need the info from @Chrisw023 to see where things are and determine exactly why he's having a potential issue.

Lil mr angle grinder can make a visit

TO EVERYBODY READING THIS, DO NOT GRIND. The way these are made, that will cause issues, I will post pics in a bit that show why.

TO EVERYBODY READING THIS, DO NOT GRIND. The way these are made, that will cause issues, I will post pics in a bit that show why.

What a dumb design if it cant be grindedededred

I will post pics in a bit that show why.

Here is why you don't want to grind the arms, they are a sandwiched plate design with the inner plate making somewhat of a v-groove for the weld. This allows an overall lower profile arm while retaining an extra strong weld.

IMG_2479.jpg

Isnt there some sort of trussing or web inside the box?

Not really, it's 2 pieces of 3/8" plate on each side, 1 piece of 1/4" on the inside that is kind of windowed and locates the bushing rings. I thought I had posted a pic of the inside, maybe that was on the instagrams.

Seeing this situation is there a 3.0 version that may correct any bar contact? And by looking at his shocks the longest it could be are L’s (OME), and they’re are so many longer shocks on the market now that will definitely cause contact if the L’s barely hit.

Sorry long day at work and decided to wash the mud off the cruiser when i got home. Measuring from level ground to center bolt hole on each panhard bolt and subtracting the difference i am right at 4.5" difference. It's good to hear that my circumstance would have produced the least amount of clearance though the thicker bars like marlin crawler or slee's would make things that much worse still. Would a longer shock make the issue that much worse? Was originally thinking about upgrading to the dobinsons tapered springs front and rear once i get a little weight on the vehicle and their 6" shocks in front, currently run their 4" all the way around. I know baldilocks run them on the front.

Sorry long day at work and decided to wash the mud off the cruiser when i got home. Measuring from level ground to center bolt hole on each panhard bolt and subtracting the difference i am right at 4.5" difference. It's good to hear that my circumstance would have produced the least amount of clearance though the thicker bars like marlin crawler or slee's would make things that much worse still. Would a longer shock make the issue that much worse? Was originally thinking about upgrading to the dobinsons tapered springs front and rear once i get a little weight on the vehicle and their 6" shocks in front, currently run their 4" all the way around. I know baldilocks run them on the front.
When first I flexed out the Delta arms I made sure to droop the long Dobinson shock all the way while the opposite tire was, for all practical purposes, fully stuffed. The tie rod is a thicker one made of 1.25” dia DOM and the contact between the rod and the arm on the drooped side was very light, in fact, I could have slide a piece of paper between them.

Be aware that the the narrower arms coupled with the tapered coils and long shocks will cause bushings at the axle to deteriorate much more quickly if you use the new found axle articulation often enough. My last set were two years old when I removed the stock arms to install Delta arms and they were in worse shape than I figured they would be.

I’m thinking that the tie rod to radius arm interference will become more of a problem as the bushings wear and become more and more sloppy. Next up; high steer. It never ends.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom