Delta VS 100 Series bumpers in the works (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Beautiful. Very interested to see it all coated. I hope to be in the market early next year, so this timing is good. I hope you don't mind a few questions. I know it may be early to answer some of these.

I really like the step built in to the side of the bumper; though,my first thought was that it'd be something easy to catch on an obstacle. Maybe I need to wheel better :cautious: Would that maybe be an available option? Wouldn't be a deal breaker for me either way. Also, same concern with the bottom, horizontal wings with the cut outs. My underside armor gets used a bit, I see those cut outs grabbing something and hanging up.

Looks like hand slots in the swing-outs for the release handles? I dig em. Will there be a strut behind to help with opening? Lock-open feature?

I'm not so familiar with the exposed rear frame, so not sure if that's what I'm seeing in the pics- what will be the trailer hitch solution? Integrated or would we need a sub-mount?

Roughly what is weight as of now with the two swing outs? Have you done a tire carrier yet or is it going to somehow work in conjunction with the swing outs shown? Would there be options for single/double swing outs? If so, for the former, is it built so the second can be added later? I answered my own questions here by looking at the 80-series on your site. Love the modular aspect of the whole set up and the carrier.

Would there be any possibility for minor custom additions? IE, I'd be interested in some small hoops on the side to give some higher quarter protection. A la pic attached.

Lastly- Rough idea on pricing for the rear?

20190706_100721_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
I’ll vouch for Delta’s customer service. One of the best vendors I’ve dealt with on mud. Very responsive and great communication, and a great product!

Time for a quick update, rear bumper is getting test fit on a second vehicle so we can be confident fit is good. Off to powdercoat, then installation for first vehicle.
The 3rd test vehicle you want is an '03+ with the in bumper hitch as the holes in the center of the crossmember are spaced differently than the '98-'02 years. Also, try and test it with 35's for interference in the rear part of the fender well.

I am really liking the look of the Delta products. I wish I had some more feedback, but it looks like everyone else already touched on any comments that I would have. I'm anxious to see pictures of it powder coated.

Hard to tell from the picture, but for those running a auxiliary gas tank (LRA style), if the bumper extends inboard of the frame and cross member it will be difficult to install the tank, see attached. What is the expected weight?

Inkedbump_LI.jpg

Beautiful. Very interested to see it all coated. I hope to be in the market early next year, so this timing is good. I hope you don't mind a few questions. I know it may be early to answer some of these.

1. I really like the step built in to the side of the bumper; though,my first thought was that it'd be something easy to catch on an obstacle. Maybe I need to wheel better :cautious: Would that maybe be an available option? Wouldn't be a deal breaker for me either way. Also, same concern with the bottom, horizontal wings with the cut outs. My underside armor gets used a bit, I see those cut outs grabbing something and hanging up.

2. Looks like hand slots in the swing-outs for the release handles? I dig em. Will there be a strut behind to help with opening? Lock-open feature?

3. I'm not so familiar with the exposed rear frame, so not sure if that's what I'm seeing in the pics- what will be the trailer hitch solution? Integrated or would we need a sub-mount?

4. Roughly what is weight as of now with the two swing outs? Have you done a tire carrier yet or is it going to somehow work in conjunction with the swing outs shown? Would there be options for single/double swing outs? If so, for the former, is it built so the second can be added later? I answered my own questions here by looking at the 80-series on your site. Love the modular aspect of the whole set up and the carrier.

5. Would there be any possibility for minor custom additions? IE, I'd be interested in some small hoops on the side to give some higher quarter protection. A la pic attached.

6. Lastly- Rough idea on pricing for the rear?

View attachment 2101714

1. we use a very similar step on the 80 bumper (less supported one even) and have had zero issues with anything getting caught on it. It really doesn't stick out far at all, all pictures of them are somewhat deceptive. Once seen in real life it is quite apparent it's a non-issue.
2. struts will be an option, everybody who has the 80 bumper has been pleasantly surprised by the lack of need for them even when weighted down heavily. The time they would be most useful is when heavy and on the trail, the gas strut will actually help slow the opening down (maybe this is what you're referring to?) and be much more controlled. And yes, lock open feature is standard.
3. trailer hitch has been the deciding factor for a lot of people on the 80 side, we are adamantly opposed to offering a non-rated solution for towing. This means we do not integrate hitches into our bumpers yet. The only way we will incorporate hitches is if we can actually rate them as Class 3 receivers which costs an incredibly large amount of money for certified testing. We are not a big enough company to deal with either the cost of that testing or the resulting lawsuit from selling something that is not rated (and this will not change until somebody else comes along and wants it bad enough to cover the entire cost of testing/certification). SO, you will be able to easily mount a normal receiver hitch underneath.
4. weight as seen in these pics is 225. Glad you were able to see the similarities between the 80 and 100. All of our bumpers will be using the same accessories all around. That is the design goal of our rear bumper system. Once you buy an accessory, it'll work across vehicles if you upgrade/downgrade. We have also published dimensions for the swingarms so owners and fabricators can make and offer their own accessories. Thread about that here: DeltaVS rear bumper swingarm data
5. We are working through that on the 80 right now, and will be offering something for the 100 as well.
6. Too soon for that at this point. Using the 80 build sheet will give you a rough idea though, download in the middle of this page: Delta Vehicle Systems - FJ80/FZJ80 Modular Rear Bumper - Deposit Page - $1,000.00

I’ll vouch for Delta’s customer service. One of the best vendors I’ve dealt with on mud. Very responsive and great communication, and a great product!

Thank you much!

The 3rd test vehicle you want is an '03+ with the in bumper hitch as the holes in the center of the crossmember are spaced differently than the '98-'02 years. Also, try and test it with 35's for interference in the rear part of the fender well.

We have limited access to an '06 that will be getting this on it next, thanks for the heads up.

Hard to tell from the picture, but for those running a auxiliary gas tank (LRA style), if the bumper extends inboard of the frame and cross member it will be difficult to install the tank, see attached. What is the expected weight?

The flanges do sit slightly inside of the frame rails, but not inside of the rear cross-member. See above for weight as seen in these pictures.

Thank you for that info!

I'm excited to see this all done. Being ignorant to the fab and build process, do you expect you'll have regular availability/inventory for these by the early Spring?

1. we use a very similar step on the 80 bumper (less supported one even) and have had zero issues with anything getting caught on it. It really doesn't stick out far at all, all pictures of them are somewhat deceptive. Once seen in real life it is quite apparent it's a non-issue.

I saw it in person, and it's not apparent that it's a non issue. I really don't think it's a good idea to have that tab hanging out on a portion of the rig that is likely to slide on rough trails. I could accept the argument that the 100 may not see that sort of trail. But the 80 most absolutely will.

Thank you for that info!

I'm excited to see this all done. Being ignorant to the fab and build process, do you expect you'll have regular availability/inventory for these by the early Spring?

Yes, before then is the plan.

I looked through this thread 3x to make sure. I see no pictures of the front bumper. You posted some up of the rear but this thread was about a front bumper for the 100 Series. Am I missing something? It's been almost a year, so I image you've made one by now, no?

I looked through this thread 3x to make sure. I see no pictures of the front bumper. You posted some up of the rear but this thread was about a front bumper for the 100 Series. Am I missing something? It's been almost a year, so I image you've made one by now, no?

It's with the diesel swap kits that are coming "soon"

I forgot about this thread, because it’s been a while. I got real excited seeing a new post, hoping for a picture of the front bumper :(

Well, title of the thread is actually just bumpers, so I figured this one thread would be good to cover both. I will be posting up pics of the front bumper as well. That one is finished and mounted to vehicle.

I forgot about this thread, because it’s been a while. I got real excited seeing a new post, hoping for a picture of the front bumper :(
Certainly didn't realize everybody was so interested, will be posting some shortly.

Wow. That's quite a statement.

I really like the bumper itself. Design is great. The recovery points are cool. Will the holes on either side of the winch bucket hold the same light options as the 80? I am slightly concerned there is no area for airflow at the bottom of the radiator. It's been mentioned once or twice in the forums before, ie: Installing light bars in the gap on an ARB. Probably not really an issue, but having seen temps recently spike on trails, I'm more conscious of it lately. Will anything be offered for external light mounting options? Are your winch boxes fitting inside the bumper or are you mounting under hood?

I'm not sure how I feel about the bull bar yet. This is coming from someone comparing to the ARB combo on my truck, that I don't love, nor like enough not to keep my eye on other options: The extra protection behind the headlights and on to the fenders is awesome. Assuming clearance isn't an issue with minor deflection against the paint, that's a badass feature. I worry that it does leave the headlights completely exposed. In the areas I wheel, it's pretty common to need to push small brush here or there. My ARB does a decent job keeping anything from the lenses, but it looks like this would be pretty wide open.

Last edited:
Wow. That's quite a statement.

I really like the bumper itself. Design is great. The recovery points are cool. Will the holes on either side of the winch bucket hold the same light options as the 80? I am slightly concerned there is no area for airflow at the bottom of the radiator. It's been mentioned once or twice in the forums before, ie: Installing light bars in the gap on an ARB. Probably not really an issue, but having seen temps recently spike on trails, I'm more conscious of it lately. Will anything be offered for external light mounting options? Are your winch boxes fitting inside the bumper or are you mounting under hood?

I'm not sure how I feel about the bull bar yet. This is coming from someone comparing to the ARB combo on my truck, that I don't love, nor like enough not to keep my eye on other options: The extra protection behind the headlights and on to the fenders is awesome. Assuming clearance isn't an issue with minor deflection against the paint, that's a badass feature. I worry that it does leave the headlights completely exposed. In the areas I wheel, it's pretty common to need to push small brush here or there. My ARB does a decent job keeping anything from the lenses, but it looks like this would be pretty wide open.

Thanks for putting some thought into your reply, much appreciated. Yes, the light mounts are the same idea as on the 80 bumper: blank, Rigid Industries style (they fit the real RI lights and 95% of the knock-off "off-road LED fog lights" on amazon/flea-bay), and Baja Designs. My preference is for Baja Designs as I like that company a lot more. Much easier and nicer to deal with. Valid concern about airflow, but quite a few aftermarket bumpers for these have chosen to err on the side of more protection than airflow, and we chose to do the same thing. The lost area of airflow is fairly minimal though, but certainly have not done rigorous testing or anything for temp differences.

As far as external light mounts (bars/big ARB/LP9 style deals) are concerned, we are making a super custom bumper for an 80 customer and integrating little mount tabs for lights and antennas, so those will be available on this as well.

Winch controls are tricky for sure. We have a mount for the 80 bumper that bolts to the back side of the bumper, but I'm pretty sure there won't be room for that on the 100. It will kind of depend on the winch too, eh? Moving the Zeon controls is very different than moving Smittybilt X2O controls. The winch tray is 10" deep to give you a number.

The bullbar is definitely a unique approach, no arguments there. We will also have the center hoop like we currently offer for the 80 available, but this first one is for someone who lives in deer country and we went for our take on full protection. We are working on something very similar for the 80 now. There should not be any contact with the body with flexing, etc, plenty of clearance there.

Can you share some pics of what you mean about the ARB offering more/different protection? We've got a customer's rig here with one of those that looks to be virtually the same amount of open space. Biggest difference is the bar "below" the taillight, that happens to kind of block the light a little bit, but connects the center section to the side vertical bar.

Thanks for putting some thought into your reply, much appreciated. Yes, the light mounts are the same idea as on the 80 bumper: blank, Rigid Industries style (they fit the real RI lights and 95% of the knock-off "off-road LED fog lights" on amazon/flea-bay), and Baja Designs. My preference is for Baja Designs as I like that company a lot more. Much easier and nicer to deal with. Valid concern about airflow, but quite a few aftermarket bumpers for these have chosen to err on the side of more protection than airflow, and we chose to do the same thing. The lost area of airflow is fairly minimal though, but certainly have not done rigorous testing or anything for temp differences.

As far as external light mounts (bars/big ARB/LP9 style deals) are concerned, we are making a super custom bumper for an 80 customer and integrating little mount tabs for lights and antennas, so those will be available on this as well.

Winch controls are tricky for sure. We have a mount for the 80 bumper that bolts to the back side of the bumper, but I'm pretty sure there won't be room for that on the 100. It will kind of depend on the winch too, eh? Moving the Zeon controls is very different than moving Smittybilt X2O controls. The winch tray is 10" deep to give you a number.

The bullbar is definitely a unique approach, no arguments there. We will also have the center hoop like we currently offer for the 80 available, but this first one is for someone who lives in deer country and we went for our take on full protection. We are working on something very similar for the 80 now. There should not be any contact with the body with flexing, etc, plenty of clearance there.

Can you share some pics of what you mean about the ARB offering more/different protection? We've got a customer's rig here with one of those that looks to be virtually the same amount of open space. Biggest difference is the bar "below" the taillight, that happens to kind of block the light a little bit, but connects the center section to the side vertical bar.

Airflow likely isn't a real problem. Just a consideration I had. I think mine is a little warm-natured anyway.

For winch controls, mine is pictured, for an example. I'm not familiar with what most others have. Worth noting- it does not fit in my ARB with my 9500lb winch, but the bumper does have tabs that I used for external mounting.

For the ARB's bullbar, here's what I'm kind of seeing: The ARB's rearward vertical terminates in front of the lights, vs behind them. In theory, a relatively straight object could make contact with that point and the forward vertical without ever touching the lights. With the rear vertical behind the lights, that straight object would make contact with the lights before both verticals. There's also that very low horizontal you mentioned which I have in fact seen catch pointy sticks from moving up toward the lights and grill. I recognize based on what you mentioned, that my uses for the bull bar aren't the same as the intent with yours.

None of this is to say any bumper needs any of what I'm talking about. I don't know of any other being produced that would be exactly what I'd want in every aspect, so this is just conversation from someone doing some early homework. I think your stuff looks great, hence so much thought about it.

(FWIW, I mainly bought the ARB because I got it NIB for a couldn't say no price)

20190503_174354_HDR.jpg

20190503_124904_HDR.jpg

That is a good looking bumper. I am not a big fan of the bull bar look but yours looks the best of any I have seen. I thought the bumper was going to look like a Road Armor overkill design. I was wrong, it looks proportionate and complements the Hundy. Not an easy feat to create a new bumper design that looks good and provides front end protection. Job well done, cheers!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom