Current state of the art for replacing sun visors from other donor vehicles? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The 95-97 models are notorious for the sun visors drooping. What's the easiest drop in from donors that folks have been using? Thanks in advance.

LS400 or Ls430

Then I have mounting plates so they function like stock. The angles are not the same.

Watching this....

I don't recall mine sagging because the mounts were so broken I had to take them off when I purchased the truck just to drive it home.

Thanks for the input!

Non US market vinyl visors to accommodate a factory overhead console were still available last I looked.

Non US market vinyl visors to accommodate a factory overhead console were still available last I looked.
I bought one last year to replace my driver's side floppy visor. Only gray was available, no tan like mine. Do I care that they don't match? Not at all.

I purchased a pair of 2002 LS430 visors off eBay for $47. I purchased @Outsane visor plates. I installed and wired up so the visor lights work.

Been a few months and I’m happy with the install. Visors are high quality and it was much more affordable than actual land cruiser visors.

The only negative is that the visor needs to be in its unextended position for the visor light to work. So, in order to get the visor lights to turn on, you have to detach the visor from the clip and move the visor over an inch or two. Not a big issue.

I also just put in LS430 visors with @Outsane plates and clips. The upgrade is outstanding and 100% worth it.

Spent around $100 all in. Waaaayyyyy better than the cheap vinyl ones they sell new still.

I currently have 100 series visors in mine. Was able to swap the mounting feet over no problem. They work alright, but I'd really like to get a set of these:

I currently have 100 series visors in mine. Was able to swap the mounting feet over no problem. They work alright, but I'd really like to get a set of these:
That's funny, I'm rocking a 60 series visor on my driver's side. We're on the opposite sides of luxury

I also just put in LS430 visors with @Outsane plates and clips. The upgrade is outstanding and 100% worth it.

Spent around $100 all in. Waaaayyyyy better than the cheap vinyl ones they sell new still.
Thank you!

I just put a set of those bad boys from Rosen Visor in mine.
After looking at the options of 20 year old half-clapped-out LS400 or brand new state of the art aircraft grade visors... I went with the new aircraft grade visors.
In the grand scheme of things, they are cheap compared to some (most, oh o.k. all) of the mods I've done and they are WICKED NICE!
The wife's GX may get a pair after she try's mine out. They are that sweet.

I just put a set of those bad boys from Rosen Visor in mine.
After looking at the options of 20 year old half-clapped-out LS400 or brand new state of the art aircraft grade visors... I went with the new aircraft grade visors.
In the grand scheme of things, they are cheap compared to some (most, oh o.k. all) of the mods I've done and they are WICKED NICE!
The wife's GX may get a pair after she try's mine out. They are that sweet.

Any issue with them being semi transparent? I ended up holding off because here in AZ the sun is brutal, have read some folks wishing they were darker. May end up just having another layer or two of tint applied

It cuts direct sun down to the point where its just about ignorable.

My commute is way fromt the sun and I only drive straight into it for a couple of hundred feet, and while the sun is a bright spot in the top of the visor, I don't have to squint and just like welding lenses you can't look at the sun anyway. Where these are really amazing is the ability to kill the reflection of the car in front, but not have to duck to see traffic or hold your hand up to block the reflection and still see the light or other traffic. Just flip it down and its like putting on a giant pair of sun glasses. Its also adjustable enough that when the sun gets behind you and flashes you through the side mirror adjust it down to cover the mirror.

Rosen has really done their homework with these. It's an impressive bit of kit.

Another layer of tint would be easy to apply and with the variations available there's no reason you could't adjust the shade to anything you want including opace.

Last edited:
That's funny, I'm rocking a 60 series visor on my driver's side. We're on the opposite sides of luxury
I run 70 series in my 60. Do you have a pic of 60 series in your 80?

I've tried to get the early ones (not cloth covered) and they seem to be NLA.

I run 70 series in my 60. Do you have a pic of 60 series in your 80?
I don't, and I recently happened on a let of LS400's so that's what I've got now. But aside from the clip being an inch farther on the 60 than the 80, it fit right up. I just cut a little material off the 60 visor so that i could slide the plastic barrel inward a little and it was plug and play, and matched fairly well to boot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom