[CLOSED] Alu-Innovations Troopy Pop Top Group Buy Interest (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm 80% at this point. I'll need a few more days to finalize whether I'm in or out, and to select between the standard and high top versions. I'm up in WA but make it down to So Cal a couple of times a year. Wondering if someone would be able to hold my top for a few weeks until I can coordinate a trip down if I can't time it just right for when they show up?
I can probably store it at my house if necessary. Will come in a big box

We are going to be figuring out a way to get ours up to Portland. We could probably haul yours up here too, or if we do a U-Haul or something maybe all the way depending on where in WA.

Same here on making my decision...give me a few days. I've got a few other projects/hobbies/distractions.

Was there ever a final number on shipping costs? And how big will the crate be? i.e will it fit in the bed of a pickup? I've got a Navy buddy that lives in SoCal/Tahoe, it'd be nice if he could grab it for me and hold onto it until I could get it.

Same here on making my decision...give me a few days. I've got a few other projects/hobbies/distractions.

Was there ever a final number on shipping costs? And how big will the crate be? i.e will it fit in the bed of a pickup? I've got a Navy buddy that lives in SoCal/Tahoe, it'd be nice if he could grab it for me and hold onto it until I could get it.

No answer yet on final shipping costs, but with all west coast units being shipped to a singular port (LA or Long Beach) I'd expect container shipping to probably work out to ~$500 or less for each person. Don't quote me on this shipping price, but again, we won't have a shipping price as container shipping fluctuates by the day but it's much less now than it was during COVID.

The crate itself I'd expect to fit into an 8 foot truck bed - newer trucks are wider than the troopy, but you could always angle it on the side and lash it down well in the bed of a truck. I'll probably rent/borrow a small 8 foot utility trailer to bring mine back to my house as I don't have an open truck bed.

To make the final decision I'd need to understand the shipping price to the East Coast port. Have other east coasters committed and received a ROM on shipping?
If you and @bulletsmith are in, that would put 3 to an east coast port. 3 fit in a small container.

I'll ask for a potential cost estimate on shipping, but I'd expect shipping cost to be ~$500 or so per person. Again, I'm not saying this is the actual cost, but a single air freight cost ~$1700 from South Africa to the US. Containerized shipping is cheaper, so you do the math.

Follow on shipping from the Port of entry is also a possibility.

As of right now @theglobb is the only one committed on the east coast, so he'll get first right of refusal on the port.

This is an entire pop top for under 5k including shipping costs. I have no idea how shipping is holding so many back.

@prwillard2 build sheet has been sent.
Tall
White
And added the wood box. Thanks !
Got it, thank you! Please disregard my email, hadn't seen this post!

Are you planning to pick up from the port or have follow on shipping? East Coast port is still up in the air, but so far there are two east coast units.

Got it, thank you! Please disregard my email, hadn't seen this post!

Are you planning to pick up from the port or have follow on shipping? East Coast port is still up in the air, but so far there are two east coast units.
Waiting to see what port we are going to use. If too far north I will have shipped to a shop in Alabama.

I'm 100% in, so we'll make the 20% discount. I will get the build sheet over later this week. I'm still torn on the normal vs high top.

I'm 100% in, so we'll make the 20% discount. I will get the build sheet over later this week. I'm still torn on the normal vs high top.
When you send your build sheet in, please let me know if you want follow on shipping fromt the port, or you will pick up from LA/Long Beach

When you send your build sheet in, please let me know if you want follow on shipping fromt the port, or you will pick up from LA/Long Beach
Will do. My current plan is to avoid onward shipping and try one of the following 3 options: (1) pick up at port, (2) try to work out having you pick up and then I get from your place, or (3) try to work out joint transportation with @pdxtroopy

High top all the way !!😂
That's the way I'm leaning. Light gray or dark gray carpet?

That's the way I'm leaning. Light gray or dark gray carpet?
I'm doing a tall roof (don't want to take my memory foam pillows or my goose down duvet down every night).

And dark gray carpet, light gray will show dirt faster.

I'm doing a tall roof (don't want to take my memory foam pillows or my goose down duvet down every night).

And dark gray carpet, light gray will show dirt faster.
Kind of surprised you went hi-hop. You saying it was ugly in the first post was a back and forth between the spouse and I. I am vain and took a bit to be sold on the looks. Ultimately we went hi-top for the same reason, want to keep all the bedding in place and not have to move stuff up and down each night.

Kind of surprised you went hi-hop. You saying it was ugly in the first post was a back and forth between the spouse and I. I am vain and took a bit to be sold on the looks. Ultimately we went hi-top for the same reason, want to keep all the bedding in place and not have to move stuff up and down each night.
I originally thought the hi-top looked too high, just like the Alu-Cab. But then the more I looked at it, it still has the angled roof lines, they're just higher and actually looks more in line with the original OEM roof and isn't just a big flat top haircut like the Alu-Cab. That and function versus looks won out for me to go with the hi-top.

I'm not putting a goose down duvet in their either :rofl: I'm not that bougie.

Shipping quotes: pending

Wood box mod: 10,580 (~$572) Rand upgrade.

Skylight: About a 30,000 (~$1600) Rand upgrade.

IMG_6451.jpeg

Is the 'Wood Box Mod' bolted to the t-slot or is it welded on? and is the table that slides under it included or is that a separate/additional item?

Is the 'Wood Box Mod' bolted to the t-slot or is it welded on? and is the table that slides under it included or is that a separate/additional item?
Will confirm, same question I have. Seems like a genius mod if it includes the table and connects to the t-slot rails on the top of the build already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom