Choke cable variations (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FJ55 had the 2 drops version at one point early on .................o_Oo_Oo_O

DSCN8787.JPG
DSCN8788.JPG
DSCN8789.JPG
DSCN8790.JPG
DSCN8800.JPG

Looks like THREE to me. ;)

@65swb45

- 1969 FJ# ? choke cable

- 1976 2F Fj40 choke cable

- Both Fully restored over course of 3 work days

- all usual Restore techniques applied and used

- Everything done The
Traditional Toyota Way , By hand , By Me with Both Care & Concern to Period Correct Details using Original & Advanced Materials and JDM Workmanship Techniques

DSCN6558.JPG
DSCN6560.JPG
DSCN6561.JPG
DSCN6562.JPG
DSCN6564.JPG

Last edited:
The Freshly Restored Choke Cables , Guide tubes & Knobs During There

Final Low-Temp Baking Session Prior To Presentation

Day Photo Shoot and Archival Data Base Status

C41E1F0F-0704-4B12-80E5-8F47BB75D94F.jpeg
B7228A33-D8BA-4339-9DAC-8B5BE7D30378.jpeg
10ED3DE4-F2EB-4BA3-B5F7-17A13340381C.jpeg
F3AA7251-F8DF-4F69-AE07-0D56129715F8.jpeg
218861C8-9532-4034-AB5A-1AB2BC799E6F.jpeg

Last edited:
Thank you Matt!
Outstanding!
The restoration of my choke cable is fantastic! I could'nt be happier. Mr Toyota would be pleased.

The 69’ choke is mine— Matt did an awesome job as usual!!!! He has done a lot of restoration work for me—- highly recommend!!!!

Another Batch of Late 70's - Early 1980's 2F Based Choke Cable's , I tried Taking On x10 @ a time in efforts to help keep things

at The Rising Sun Mechanical " Skunk-Works " running Efficient as possible

- I Hand-Dressed Additional De-tent Stops as usual for a More Metered Precise Precision of the Choke & Warm Up Cycle by the

New Owner of My Cable's ,

- This , in addition to Saving Fuel , Cutting Emissions, will Reduce Harmful International Engine Deposits for the Life of the Engine

or Choke Cable ( witch ever comes first ) when the Choke Is Left on For Too long Because of a Un-Planned Cell phone call distraction ,

or Nagging Significant Other 🤣

- I now apply 4 individual coats of White Pigment in the The Text Font Logo area , this Really brings the White Pigment to the surface

flush with the Black knob face and actually makes it ever so slightly Bolder in appearance . i think this is a KILLER-KOOL side effect

, while keeping true with the Period Correctr font style itself .

- Practically speaking , the additional white pigment forms a more Heavy Duty Bond to all 3 sides of the original , Text/ Font Groove

Marine Grade Low Luster 2-part Clear Being Long-Term Low-Temp Baked on ..............................

DSCN9788.JPG
DSCN9787.JPG

DSCN9788.JPG

Several of the Cables in this Batch will have 8/80-Later Solid Brass Barrel Stops installed to Properly Mechanically Communicate

with Both @Racer65 / CityRacerllc.com 's New OEM TOYOTA AISIAN & FUGI Made in Japan Carburetor Options available

- the New Solid Brass Barrel Stops will be installed with " 100% Pure TROY Weight Silver "

- this provides the strongest possible engineered bond i am aware of between My Stainless Steel Strand Wire Cable and the Yellow brass stop ..............

DSCN9825.JPG

Doing Things the Traditional TOYOTA Way , By Hand , with Pride , and Care to Period Correct Attention To Details such as

even New De-Tent Spacing .,...........

also , Re-Dressing the Originals back to Factory Spec's :)

- Fresh & Sharp Restored Guide-Tubes Ready for a Clear session under the Low - Temp Heat

DSCN9879.JPG
DSCN9881.JPG
DSCN9884.JPG
DSCN9885.JPG

I would Like to give a HUGE Shout out and a Big Thanks To @dannyp

for the Best Piece of Industrial Grade Artwork i Have laid my eyes on and in my hands so far in 2019 :grinpimp:

My office is Way Kooler every time i walk by ...................

Thanks Brother !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom