Charlottesville, Va Roll Call? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bludozer

SILVER Star
Threads
Bit of a longshot I guess, this clubhouse isn't super active. Have seen several 80's in various forms of "built" around town in addition to mine...even saw an HDJ81 import in the Barracks Rd. shopping center. Have seen a handful of 60s and 40s too. Curious to see if anyone in the area is on mud.

I was in cville today with my lil red tundra ... I try to avoid barracks rd - will need to keep my eyes open for the hdj 81

I was in cville today with my lil red tundra ... I try to avoid barracks rd - will need to keep my eyes open for the hdj 81
Was that red/silver combo that was popular with the early ones, relatively stock but well used. Great looking truck.

I live in Fluvanna but in Cville everyday. I normally drive a tacoma but the Cruiser makes into town about once a week. I have seen a few built 100s and 200s rolling around. Let me know if you ever want to grab a beer after work. Here's my collection :)

I live in Charlottesville! This is my first LC, I've loved them forever. I'm trying to keep this one fairly mild, I bought it a couple years ago from a neurosurgeon in Delaware and he was super ocd about maintenance and records, so it's in pretty good shape. All I've done is put a small Dobinson lift on it and I plan on getting some slightly bigger tires when these wear out. I'm thinking about putting some rock slider/steps on it because my wife is pretty short and a little miffed I trashed the stock running boards. Oh, I also shelled out $80 for the CDL switch, that I still haven't really needed. I'm thinking about getting a 40 or 60 to work on as a more serious offroad truck, they are just getting stupid expensive these days.

toyota.jpg

I live in Charlottesville! This is my first LC, I've loved them forever. I'm trying to keep this one fairly mild, I bought it a couple years ago from a neurosurgeon in Delaware and he was super ocd about maintenance and records, so it's in pretty good shape. All I've done is put a small Dobinson lift on it and I plan on getting some slightly bigger tires when these wear out. I'm thinking about putting some rock slider/steps on it because my wife is pretty short and a little miffed I trashed the stock running boards. Oh, I also shelled out $80 for the CDL switch, that I still haven't really needed. I'm thinking about getting a 40 or 60 to work on as a more serious offroad truck, they are just getting stupid expensive these days.

View attachment 1956483
Nice 80! Maybe we should use a thread like this to post some pictures of our trucks so we can potentially recognize eachother on the road. Not the best pic, but here is my LX (front bumper is on the way).
IMG_4934.jpg

Sounds good to me, my other truck isn’t a Toyota, but it’s pretty recognizable. The only time I really drive it now is for dump runs to the Ivy landfill occasionally. When we lived out towards Covesville though, way off the beaten path, this truck was a life saver after a couple of monster snow storms. Somehow, it just wouldn’t get stuck? It’s a ‘79 Chevy “custom deluxe”, there is not much custom and definitely nothing deluxe about it. I’m out of town for work until later this month, after that, I’m always game for an after work beer.
01B8BBE9-3814-4AAE-A39C-EA50C0707E27.jpeg
2DE87032-A7EE-4054-A94C-B44CAA9D103F.jpeg

I'm Waynesboro, work in Harrisonburg, but spend a good bit of time in Charlottesville and Staunton. Doing a quite a number of things to my 100 right now, maintenance and modification, if anyone wants to get together to and swap labor/beer and lend a second a hand to each-others project I'd be up for it.

Also there are some trails in the Stuarts Draft area that end or begin on the Blue Ridge Parkway if anyone is looking to explore some trails. Those and the offroad park in harrisonburg are the only public offroad trails in the are I know about so if any of yall know of any more that are open to the public let me know!

I'm Waynesboro, work in Harrisonburg, but spend a good bit of time in Charlottesville and Staunton. Doing a quite a number of things to my 100 right now, maintenance and modification, if anyone wants to get together to and swap labor/beer and lend a second a hand to each-others project I'd be up for it.

Also there are some trails in the Stuarts Draft area that end or begin on the Blue Ridge Parkway if anyone is looking to explore some trails. Those and the offroad park in harrisonburg are the only public offroad trails in the are I know about so if any of yall know of any more that are open to the public let me know!
I would definitely be down for that! I am on the road for work most of the next 6 weeks but things should chill out by July. I will shoot you a message when I am back around. I always have yuengling on tap :)

I wanna know which one of you has the old FJ I've seen parked at the CVS in Waynesboro. And the sweet 80 series I saw up on BRP yesterday?

I'm the guy in the big mean green machine, feel free to say hi.

IMG-2705.JPG

IMG-2727.JPG

I’m in Staunton, but get around all over the valley and Charlottesville in one of my various old(er) Toyotas. I’m always down to wrench, but with two little kids and work travel I never have much time.

Here’s my 80
E09D7B6D-158E-473D-8716-A30B07BBD86F.jpeg

My 4runner

47F110A4-B662-4B7A-A443-6AD8B5E62B7D.jpeg

And my GX470
199F373A-CEAF-4C72-8E6C-DEC415647296.jpeg

Ted44 and BlueCruiser84, where were yall when I was putting in my steering rack?!?! lol, man that was a nightmare job. I'm almost positive I've driven by your house BlueCruiser84 and had to slam on the brakes and slow down for a creeper look. Ive started just assuming anyone with a land cruiser around here is on Mud.

Does anyone want to do a meet up or maybe trail run like Saturday July 27 or August 3? I'm thinking since we have people in Staunton, Waynesboro and Charlottesville it would be pretty central or even close to trails if we met at either Basic City Brewery or one of the breweries along 151 like Blue Mountain or something? Or if we wanted to do earlier maybe a coffee shop somewhere in the middle?

Last edited:
Also, drove down to Hull's Drive-In Theatre last night for a date with the wife while the MIL is in town to watch the kids. Crossed another little milestone for the truck. Man this thing is so perfect for tailgating, drive-in, all that stuff.
IMG-3015.JPG
IMG-0814.jpg

I lived in the Ville for five years during the late 90s.
Still have land in Keswick and am down that way five or six times a year.

Glad to see this thread, subscribed!

Some pretty capable trucks posted on this thread. Lets see some of these trucks at FALL CRAWL!
I wish, but I'll probably have a two week old baby then and the :princess:probably wont take too kindly either abandoning her or fall camping and trail rides with a newborn :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom