Charlottesville, Va Roll Call?

Bludozer

SILVER Star
Bit of a longshot I guess, this clubhouse isn't super active. Have seen several 80's in various forms of "built" around town in addition to mine...even saw an HDJ81 import in the Barracks Rd. shopping center. Have seen a handful of 60s and 40s too. Curious to see if anyone in the area is on mud.

Bludozer

SILVER Star
I was in cville today with my lil red tundra ... I try to avoid barracks rd - will need to keep my eyes open for the hdj 81
Was that red/silver combo that was popular with the early ones, relatively stock but well used. Great looking truck.

I live in Charlottesville! This is my first LC, I've loved them forever. I'm trying to keep this one fairly mild, I bought it a couple years ago from a neurosurgeon in Delaware and he was super ocd about maintenance and records, so it's in pretty good shape. All I've done is put a small Dobinson lift on it and I plan on getting some slightly bigger tires when these wear out. I'm thinking about putting some rock slider/steps on it because my wife is pretty short and a little miffed I trashed the stock running boards. Oh, I also shelled out $80 for the CDL switch, that I still haven't really needed. I'm thinking about getting a 40 or 60 to work on as a more serious offroad truck, they are just getting stupid expensive these days.

toyota.jpg

Bludozer

SILVER Star
I live in Charlottesville! This is my first LC, I've loved them forever. I'm trying to keep this one fairly mild, I bought it a couple years ago from a neurosurgeon in Delaware and he was super ocd about maintenance and records, so it's in pretty good shape. All I've done is put a small Dobinson lift on it and I plan on getting some slightly bigger tires when these wear out. I'm thinking about putting some rock slider/steps on it because my wife is pretty short and a little miffed I trashed the stock running boards. Oh, I also shelled out $80 for the CDL switch, that I still haven't really needed. I'm thinking about getting a 40 or 60 to work on as a more serious offroad truck, they are just getting stupid expensive these days.

View attachment 1956483
Nice 80! Maybe we should use a thread like this to post some pictures of our trucks so we can potentially recognize eachother on the road. Not the best pic, but here is my LX (front bumper is on the way).
IMG_4934.jpg

Sounds good to me, my other truck isn’t a Toyota, but it’s pretty recognizable. The only time I really drive it now is for dump runs to the Ivy landfill occasionally. When we lived out towards Covesville though, way off the beaten path, this truck was a life saver after a couple of monster snow storms. Somehow, it just wouldn’t get stuck? It’s a ‘79 Chevy “custom deluxe”, there is not much custom and definitely nothing deluxe about it. I’m out of town for work until later this month, after that, I’m always game for an after work beer.
01B8BBE9-3814-4AAE-A39C-EA50C0707E27.jpeg
2DE87032-A7EE-4054-A94C-B44CAA9D103F.jpeg

I'm Waynesboro, work in Harrisonburg, but spend a good bit of time in Charlottesville and Staunton. Doing a quite a number of things to my 100 right now, maintenance and modification, if anyone wants to get together to and swap labor/beer and lend a second a hand to each-others project I'd be up for it.

Also there are some trails in the Stuarts Draft area that end or begin on the Blue Ridge Parkway if anyone is looking to explore some trails. Those and the offroad park in harrisonburg are the only public offroad trails in the are I know about so if any of yall know of any more that are open to the public let me know!

I'm Waynesboro, work in Harrisonburg, but spend a good bit of time in Charlottesville and Staunton. Doing a quite a number of things to my 100 right now, maintenance and modification, if anyone wants to get together to and swap labor/beer and lend a second a hand to each-others project I'd be up for it.

Also there are some trails in the Stuarts Draft area that end or begin on the Blue Ridge Parkway if anyone is looking to explore some trails. Those and the offroad park in harrisonburg are the only public offroad trails in the are I know about so if any of yall know of any more that are open to the public let me know!
I would definitely be down for that! I am on the road for work most of the next 6 weeks but things should chill out by July. I will shoot you a message when I am back around. I always have yuengling on tap :)

Top Bottom