For Sale Casper Wy 1979 Fj40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
Color
White
1979 Toyota Fj40 for sale

Recently purchased the truck in June of ‘22 and really don’t want to sell it but I have to pay for flight school somehow. Been stored inside throughout my ownership. Barely touched it other than some brand new tires, just took it for the occasional drive on the weekends. Previous owner was an older gentleman that bought it off a used car lot in Denver 1981. He documented everything done to it very well. Full notebook of documents is pictured. Original truck other than being repainted at some point, the passenger door was replaced, and some OME suspension. It’s got some rust in the usual spots but overall really solid, frame is good and the tub is good. Have a bunch of spare parts to go with it. All emissions equipment is in tact. Im not as knowledgeable on these trucks as most people around here but I’ll gladly answer any questions or provide more pictures on request. Text or call is better as I’m not on this forum too often.
$38k

IMG_6738.jpeg

IMG_6717.jpeg

IMG_6719.jpeg

IMG_6716.jpeg

I sold a '77 to pay off some student loans after I graduated in 2009. I will tell you, based on my experience... find another way to pay for school if you can. That's a beautiful truck, you will miss it.

Cool, my '79 is less than 1500 serial numbers younger than yours. You may be $ optimistic given that rust on the back sections of the tub. I agree with the above. Try to keep it.

Very nice intact truck! I own 2 FJ40 79's, great year for upgrades.
I agree with the previous responses (3x's). Kepp this beauty. Try and figure out another way to pay for school

interesting that it has A/C but no PS, I didn't know that was an option
looks like someone swapped the radiator and installed a non A/C rad in its place

GLWTS

Does it have A/C? I see the venting in the cabin but no compressor...am I missing it?
it is under the alternator, I guess..
but only one fan belt
something not connected... compressor or air pump..?

Does it have A/C? I see the venting in the cabin but no compressor...am I missing it?

it is under the alternator, I guess..
but only one fan belt
something not connected... compressor or air pump..?

compressor is below the alt. you can see it in 1 pic, hoses are there up over the battery, 1 of them anyway, drier and condensor are there
condensor doesn't look stock either
belt would be from crank to A/C only

interesting that it has A/C but no PS, I didn't know that was an option
looks like someone swapped the radiator and installed a non A/C rad in its place

GLWTS
This was common after the factory air radiator became no longer available. My 2/79 has a non-ac rad too. Based on the serial number this is either a Jan or Feb '79 but the alternator has the combo alternator / voltage regulator that later '79's came with. Early 79's had the voltage regulator on the fire wall

FJ40-298592 - Very early 79 (January) Good potential but bringing her back to her former glory won't be cheap. Original headliner and jump seat upholstery. It's rare to see factory A/C and no PS. Looks like the rear heater was removed based on the parts in back. Good luck with the sale. She's worth the work! Love those old Con-Ferr toolboxes.

Last edited:
FJ40-298592 - Very early 79 (January) Good potential but bringing her back to her former glory won't be cheap. Original headliner and jump seat upholstery. It's rare to see factory A/C and no PS.

Greg, was that an option to get A/C but no PS? I've seen overseas rigs that way but not in the US.
I remember my Feb 79 as being close to that vin, not sure I still have paperwork from them
Paul

If you really want to sell it, lower that price to $25k. Too much rust at $38k even for a 79. Colorado uses salt so no telling what is hiding what cant be seen. But GLWS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom