FJ40 | BJ40

J40 : Toyota 40-series Land Cruiser

Filter by prefix:

This is a very capable off road Toyota FJ40 that is ready for overlanding and rock crawling. I built this rig with the intention of driving to the Rubicon Trail, wheeling the trail, and driving back home. There is rust in the back quarter panels that these FJ40's are known to have. There are different ways to fix the issue and I decided the new owner should know about the rust, and they decide the best way for them. If it were me I would install Bud Built rear quarter guards after cutting out the rust. Here is a list of everything that has been done to this rig. Price: $32,000 Suspension and Steering, Wheel/Tires Front: Sprung over, factory FJ60 front springs with 5100 Bilstein shocks. Axle has been moved forward 3 inches. The...
1979 FJ40 auction on Bring a Trailer website Only about 36 hours left to bid on a unique aluminum bodied FJ40…
Hello! I had posted here previously, but my quest for the right truck has expanded a bit so I've decided to delete the old post and recreate it here. I live in Santa Monica, CA and am searching for a strong running FJ40 ideally in the Southern California region or on the west coast in general. For the perfect truck I'm willing to travel and/or ship from further out, but would probably want to make arrangements to come see it first. After driving a few different configurations I've determined that I'm pretty flexible on the year and spec I'd consider, but do have a fairly specific idea of what kind of conditioned truck I want. (TL;DR: fairly clean with some light patina, stock look, currently running and driving) ---Targeting...
Hello fellas, putting up our recently acquired 40. Picked this up from another Mud member back in December in Cedar ParkTexas. Purchased this for the for the wife to put around with the boy in town. Took care of registration and plates. Well…the wife didn’t particularly care for the 3 on the tree and the smell of gas and how it’s not that easy to drive. Go figure…seeing is how I’m not emotionally attached to it and the focus has been the 80 and prepping the body of the 60 so we can part ways with this. I can’t really tell you too much but it does run. There is still a small leak at one of the wheel cylinders. The pervious owner told me the 4WD vacuum is not hooked up and really should just get a new harness. Prime candidate for a...
I am listing this for a co-worker. I have had several fj40s in the past and know what to look for when buying these vehicles. This FJ40 is in very good condition and is an older restoration ( with some minor mods) that has been sitting idle and garage kept for years. see pics and write up for details. I have driven it, it runs very strong and is very clean and in great condition Owner is asking 30,000.00
Not mine but seems like a great price from the poor description and 1 bad pic. Hello, I'm selling my FJ40 project. It is complete and original, minus rear seat. Was parked to replace clutch slave cylinder. Still needs to be replaced. Lots of parts not bolted down and in boxes inside the cab (was going to clean/paint them while rig was non-op.) Clean WA Title in my name. Will need to be towed, you cannot work on it here. Needs a good weekend or two worth of work and it'll be back on the road. Comes with extra set of wheels and tires. Cash only. $3500 firm. https://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/pts/d/olympia-1973-fj40-landcruiser/7480411475.html
1978 FJ40 Rock Crawler SOLD! $25,000.00 The Land Cruiser Heritage Museum is offering an opportunity for a Land Cruiser enthusiast to purchase a custom built rock crawler. Offered for sale is a 1978 US market FJ40 manufactured in September 1977, modified by Proffitt's Cruisers of Colorado. Custom 4 link front coil spring suspension with 4:10 geared Dana 60 Axle Rear axle is a Dana 60 with custom 4 link and 1/4 elliptical springs Equipped with 4-wheel disc brakes and hydraulic power steering Powered by a GM 5.7-Liter Vortec V8 with a TH400 automatic transmission Twin-stick Atlas transfer case 44x19.50-17LT Interco Pit Bull Rockers on MRW beadlock steel wheels Warn 9.5 TI winch with synthetic rope Rear mounted Warn ATV winch to...
I bought this rig for my wife but turns out she wants a 60 series. This is a 12V truck that came from a sugar plantation in Costa Rica, then to Florida, Tennessee, then Missouri. It was the daily driver of the previous owner and I have a clean clear title in hand. Original diesel engine with new glow plugs. It has new tires, new clutch master and slave cylinders, and the radiator was re-cored a little over a year ago. It does have some surface rust on the body but the frame is solid as are the floors. Seats are good, no tears. As you can see in the photos it needs a new top. Yes the body was rhino lined. The rhino lining was done well but the body work underneath sadly was not as good. Let me know if you have any questions or...
Not mine. Friend passed and his widow is selling this FJ40 Landcruiser, professionally rebuilt 2F engine in 2018, SM420 4speed transmission, Front Diff locker, New wheels & tires 2021, 8k lb Warn Winch, soft-top w/ full doors, OEM Hardtop + Doors, full roll-cage, P/S, 4wheel Disc Brakes. Clean Title. Many other goodies. Mileage unknown. Can call/text 303 five to five 1316 $15,000 https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/denver-1971-toyota-landcruiser-fj40/7477461641.html
1976 FJ40 with 350 chevy $14,000 Sadly, I don't use it enough to justify it Below replaced within last three years: -Gas tank -Brakes; fronts, rears, SS lines, master cylinder -Clutch -Clutch cylinder Comes with: -Soft top -Soft doors; half and full -Misc. parts for power steering (didnt do) -Quick door hinges (didnt install) -Diamond plate tailgate
Posting this ad for @houstonfj40 This is his truck. $23,000
helping a local guy out, I don't have a lot of info on this rig, he's owned it for a few years. basically stock, 3 speed, drum brakes, fairly solid body, dents in hood and fenders, no hard top, I think there is an exhaust leak at the manifold, not much for seating, no gas tank, gas tank straps are there, dash pad isn't great, windshield frame may be bent back slightly, rust in rear sill, extra hole cut in driver floor board, brake booster leaks (engine rpm increases when pedal is applied), homemade rollbar which I probably wouldn't trust, soft doors are not great and not sure they are correct for a Landcruiser. rear seat not sure what it is from, it is not attached and just sitting in there. it has electrical issues, no power to key...
A true barn find! Please see the before picture when this was pulled from a barn out of the PNW. After carefully addressing all the issues as a result of being parked, this FJ40 now runs great and polished up very nicely. This is a VERY clean Original 1979 US spec FJ40 survivor in really nice original condition. All original Toyota parts (including all smog equipment in tack). This runs excellent and starts with the flick of the key. There is some very minor patina rust (wouldn’t consider it cancer) in a few places. The rear sill and bed are rock solid, they do have surface rust with light checking in the bed. All the patina has been protected with “Patina restorer” from Eastwood Company. I want the new owner to see how well this...
Howdy all, just testing the waters as everyone likes to say.:) I have the opportunity to pickup a new project and if I get it my 73 has to go. I have owned this 40 for less then 2 years and as much as I will probably regret selling…I know there is always another around the corner. I have put quite a bit into this 40 to get it to where it is now. All work was done by TorFab in Everett Washington. I will give you their contact if you would like to reach out and ask about it. Original 1F with 3 Speed Here is a list: Steering Box/Tie Rod Ends New Radiator Brakes/Booster Carb was rebuilt-Will come with a NIB Weber as well All new belts Tires-5-33x10.5 Toyo Open Country MT OME Medium 2.5” lift and greaseable shackles Clutch and...
Looking for this for someone else. Looking for a “survivor” type FJ40. Favor the early 70’s (pre 1975) but will look at any year 1969-ish and newer. Preference would be for very little to no rust at all and original paint. As well, pretty much stock complete with original drivetrain (2F ok I’m place of F). Floor shift preferred but open to column shift. Doesn’t have to be running and driving. Curveball: also open to a restoration project that is complete, and meets the rest of the criteria. Pic of mine just because I can.
WANTED Looking for a driver side front seat frame or complete set for the front bench. Picture for attention
I’ve had this fine 40 for about 12 years. Her name is Blanca and she has 123,109 miles. She has a clean and clear title. I bought in in the SF Bay area and it is now in Tucson, AZ. I have put about 25,000 miles on her. I would not hesitate to hop in this rig and head to the east coast or wherever actually, it runs great and is full of new or semi new items. It has a fully intact smog system but I don’t know if it will pass a smog test as it is not required where I have had it registered. Breaks my heart to sell her but It is time to downsize the fleet keeping my UZJ100 and LX570. Some of the items it has from before I purchased it but mostly afterword: Front shackle reversal, 4 inch lift, Greaseable shackles, 4Plus products rear bumper...
I told @Fjcrzzn I would cross post this for him on MUD. He is the owner. I went and saw this rig yesterday. There are a lot of nice parts, and the owner is pretty honest about the shortcomings on this one. Listed as a 1972 FJ40 land cruiser with a 350 Chevy TBI fuel injection mated to a 350 automatic transmission. Power steering and 4 wheel disc brakes. 20 gallon Downey fuel tank. Also comes with original tank and another remote tank . Full front doors included, but no top.
Selling my 1970 FJ40, 350 Chevy with port injection. Power steering and tilt wheel Disk brakes in the front New seats, center console and soft top Bluetooth speaker system 35 Mickey Thompson tires and wheels Swing tire carrier $34000
Nice dry central valley california 1969 fj40. I bought this a while back to start a nice capri blue patina build. This 40 was left at a body shop as an abandoned project. Over the years parts went missing and it was left outside. Parts of the original paint were sanded down in preparation for a new paint job. Luckily they didnt get far and 75% of the og paint remained. I have spent months piecing it back together and trying to use original capri parts. The parts not original to the truck is the windshield frame, hood, bib, drivers door and the pass barn door. I have rattle canned those parts to get as close to the og paint. This truck is 98% rust free!!! Super solid frame and tub. The only spots that need work is the left corner sil(...
https://cars.ksl.com/listing/7741085 Need room first come first serve. Hoping to be gone by friday. I am keeping the white landcruiser grill for a friend. Pretty complete sd40 big window carb, master cylinder pto etc, all the linkage and drivelines etc.
This mechanically restored '68 is for sale! https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/bringing-a-69-fj40-back-to-life.1208091/page-2#post-14347353 We're asking $37,500. OBO Please contact us through our website with questions, www.olc4x4.com Thanks!
All So I'm looking to sell a fairly heavily modified 1971 FJ-40. If I'm going at this wrong I apologize, I don't post on IH8Mud so I'm not entirely sure of the protocol & hopefully this lands in the correct forum... So as I mentioned it's far from stock and probably not a good candidate for restoration, but allot of mods. The Landcruiser was a deceased family member's, I wanted to keep it, but have too many other projects... The cool... 1971 (pre-smog)... 1976 front axle with disk brakes & a limited slip diff. A semi float rear D-60 with a Detroit... (drum brakes)... I believe 4.10 gearing... I believe a Rancho 3 to 4" lift... I believe some true 10"X15" wheels (VERY old 33" tires barely rollers) Power steering & brakes... A port...
Top Bottom