SOLD Boise, Idaho 1979 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
Color
White
With much regret and hesitation I am selling my beloved 1979 FJ40 trophy cruiser. Got rid of the trophy wife long ago.

I have owned, enjoyed and pampered this rig since 2007. Unfortunately as of late it just does not get the attention and use it disserves. I had been driving it about a 1000 miles a year until the last few years where the majority of the miles put on it are from being towed on camping trips.

It is an extremely rare rig in that all components are original from new, body, frame, engine, transmission and body color, in addition to being professionally restored by renowned FJ40 restorer TLC of Van Nuys, CA.

The FJ has 99,100 miles and has had 5 owners including myself.

Here is what I know about the history of the rig from research I did prior to my purchase.

The original owner was from Hood River, OR and purchased the FJ from Irv Leopold Imports, Portland in the summer of 1979.

Between 1979 and 1996 there were two owners, the original owner and one other. Total mileage through 1996 was around 69,000 miles.

The third owner had it from 1996 through 2004. The mileage was around 85,000 miles when he sold it. This owner had TLC of Van Nuys do some light restoration work in 2000 at 75,575 miles. I confirmed this with TLC.

The fourth owner was Stevinson Toyota of Lakewood, CO. They purchased the rig in 2005 and had TLC do a full restoration in February 2005. Mileage at the time of the second restoration was 85,368 per TLC. Stevinson Toyota acquired the FJ and had it fully restored to like new in order to display it on their showroom floor during the introduction of the new FJ Cruiser. The rig sat in their showroom until I purchased it on November 10, 2007. It was rarely driven and had 85,610 miles on it when I took possession.

The FJ is still in pristine condition. It has been meticulously maintained and cared for. Oil changes about every 1000 miles, regularly washed and waxed and stored in a climate-controlled garage.

There are no mechanical or body issues. Due to the recent lack of use there is a minor oil seepage from the transmission seals which probably should be replaced. It could probably also use a light tune-up and will probably need a new muffler in a year or so. On occasion the speedometer needle will twitch which is a common on these rigs. Those are the only known issues.

As mentioned all major mechanical and body parts are original equipment from the original purchase. It has the original 2F engine and 4 speed manual transmission. It has factory power steering and a rare original equipment PTO winch. After market additions include a center console, Nakamichi CD player and speakers and air conditioning.

Feel free to call Greg at 208-995-3171 if you have any questions. Asking $65,000.00

IMG_3611.jpg

IMG_3609.jpg

IMG_3598.jpg

IMG_3582 (1).jpg

IMG_3581.jpg

With much regret and hesitation I am selling my beloved 1979 FJ40 trophy cruiser. Got rid of the trophy wife long ago.

I have owned, enjoyed and pampered this rig since 2007. Unfortunately as of late it just does not get the attention and use it disserves. I had been driving it about a 1000 miles a year until the last few years where the majority of the miles put on it are from being towed on camping trips.

It is an extremely rare rig in that all components are original from new, body, frame, engine, transmission and body color, in addition to being professionally restored by renowned FJ40 restorer TLC of Van Nuys, CA.

The FJ has 99,100 miles and has had 5 owners including myself.

Here is what I know about the history of the rig from research I did prior to my purchase.

The original owner was from Hood River, OR and purchased the FJ from Irv Leopold Imports, Portland in the summer of 1979.

Between 1979 and 1996 there were two owners, the original owner and one other. Total mileage through 1996 was around 69,000 miles.

The third owner had it from 1996 through 2004. The mileage was around 85,000 miles when he sold it. This owner had TLC of Van Nuys do some light restoration work in 2000 at 75,575 miles. I confirmed this with TLC.

The fourth owner was Stevinson Toyota of Lakewood, CO. They purchased the rig in 2005 and had TLC do a full restoration in February 2005. Mileage at the time of the second restoration was 85,368 per TLC. Stevinson Toyota acquired the FJ and had it fully restored to like new in order to display it on their showroom floor during the introduction of the new FJ Cruiser. The rig sat in their showroom until I purchased it on November 10, 2007. It was rarely driven and had 85,610 miles on it when I took possession.

The FJ is still in pristine condition. It has been meticulously maintained and cared for. Oil changes about every 1000 miles, regularly washed and waxed and stored in a climate-controlled garage.

There are no mechanical or body issues. Due to the recent lack of use there is a minor oil seepage from the transmission seals which probably should be replaced. It could probably also use a light tune-up and will probably need a new muffler in a year or so. On occasion the speedometer needle will twitch which is a common on these rigs. Those are the only known issues.

As mentioned all major mechanical and body parts are original equipment from the original purchase. It has the original 2F engine and 4 speed manual transmission. It has factory power steering and a rare original equipment PTO winch. After market additions include a center console, Nakamichi CD player and speakers and air conditioning.

Feel free to call Greg at 208-995-3171 if you have any questions. Asking $65,000.00

View attachment 3571088

View attachment 3571089

View attachment 3571090

View attachment 3571091

View attachment 3571092
Beautiful FJ40.

K052 means full float rear axle, correct? Is that normal for an FJ40? Maybe I'm having a moment but I thought they were normally not full float.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom