For Sale Shaker Heights, OH - 1979 FJ40 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
Color
Beige
1979 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 - $28,000

***Please note: I have financed this truck and owe $12,000 on it as of 1/23/24. I am selling due to a bout of unemployment***

Available for sale is my solid, all original 1979 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40. (Ok, it does have an aftermarket radio but everything else is bone stock.) I have owned this for three years and have enjoyed every moment of it. However, I am selling due to a bout of unemployment

I would overall give this a 8/10 rating. The engine starts up and runs flawlessly. The brakes work as they should and their are no electrical gremlins at all.

I detract two points, if you will, because of a hole in the floorboard near the right door jam where rain collects on these trucks and a bit of flaking in the bed liner the last owner sprayed on in the back of the truck.

Thank you for your interest. I can be reached via text at 203-733-1696.

I do not have the hard top setup for this truck.

- M.J. LaPerch Jr.

71502223551__E9538F57-9F0E-45F4-B191-77E1D20CFD6D.jpeg

IMG_8683.jpeg

IMG_8537.jpeg

IMG_7827.jpeg

IMG_7819.jpeg

Last edited:
Sorry for you Job loss.
You do have a really nice truck. Your price is fair IMO. . Those 79 trucks are really hard to find in that condition. I would also suggest FB. That truck on Cape Cod would sell in a summer weekend for more even without a top and doors. You just got to market it.
January is always the hardest time to buy a new toy unfortunately. Everyone is looking for cheap deal.
Good luck to you with your job search. Hopefully something happens soon so you can keep it.

Tha==
Sorry for you Job loss.
You do have a really nice truck. Your price is fair IMO. . Those 79 trucks are really hard to find in that condition. I would also suggest FB. That truck on Cape Cod would sell in a summer weekend for more even without a top and doors. You just got to market it.
January is always the hardest time to buy a new toy unfortunately. Everyone is looking for cheap deal.
Good luck to you with your job search. Hopefully something happens soon so you can keep it.
I appreciate the note. Good tips for sure!

Are there more photos available somewhere out there on the internet? They're no engine bay, undercarriage or interior photos. It's hard to evaluate with only 5 pictures. I can see you're missing a dash pad on the left side of the steering wheel and some other items. Does it have PS?

I agree with @overton , lots and lots more pics. It looks very much like a closer look. The door and hardtop hurt but your price may be great if the rest of the truck is super nice. GLWS. I hate seeing people have to give up a Land Cruiser for lousy money. Been there, done that as well myself

This may be a dumb question, but you are asking $28,000. That includes your payoff of the $12,000 to the bank? Just looking for clarification. Oh and more photos would be appreciated.

Also looking for clarification on whether you are the seller "District Motors" seen in your signature (the same one selling other vehicles) or selling personally?

Check out bring a trailer.com …I have bought and sold several cars and land cruisers on this auction web site. There are always FJ40’s being sold weekly. Some sell for bigger money and others never come close to the sellers wishes. On the other hand< exposure is high. Several mud guys are usually there watching or bidding. Check it out if you’re not familiar with it

Check out bring a trailer.com …I have bought and sold several cars and land cruisers on this auction web site. There are always FJ40’s being sold weekly. Some sell for bigger money and others never come close to the sellers wishes. On the other hand< exposure is high. Several mud guys are usually there watching or bidding. Check it out if you’re not familiar with it
Thanks Knuckle47! I appreciate your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom