FJ40 | BJ40

J40 : Toyota 40-series Land Cruiser

Filter by prefix:

For sale 1972 Toyota Land cruiser FJ40 project or for parts in Truckee CA Clean CA title and plates in hand, currently on non-op, no back fees due, no smog in CA needed pre 75. Has the original VIN plate on the door jamb and matching stamped VIN on the frame, but fender VIN plate is missing. Only two matching vins are needed to be considered legal so this is good to go. This was a project I picked up years ago and haven't really touched since. Tub and chassis are decent and usable condition as can be seen in the pictures, little spots of rust here and there, lots of parts missing. Best for a smog to pre smog xxx swap or crawler/custom project. I was going to stretch the tub and put it on a shortened locked 80 chassis with an LQ4...
At this phase of life, I have decided to reduce my Landcruisers from 3 to 1 due to lack of time and just not using them enough to justify keeping them. The first one I’ve decided to sell is my 1964 FST. Only listing here for a week as I would like this to stay in the mud community, then will move to other platforms. $38k and firm on price to save the back and forth. I have the title in hand. The truck was fully rotisserie restored, including engine rebuild around 11 years ago. This truck’s restoration is fully documented over 164 pages here on mud - destins 1964 fj40 FST restore thread - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/destins-1964-fj40-fst-restore-thread.297786/ I purchased the truck directly from Destin around 5 years ago as I...
This 1971 FJ40 has been a California car since new and it shows! Incredibly low mileage (31,140 miles), spent the majority of the last 25 years inside a climate-controlled shop as part of a collection. Exterior paint is nearly flawless with complete 7-passenger black leather interior. The supercharged V8 engine is driven by a high-flow electronic fuel pump and MSD performance ignition system, paired with a 4-speed automatic transmission. With the twin exhaust, this thing really growls (check out the video clip linked below). Recent work includes new high output alternator, new battery, new tires, new carb jets and tuning, and new hydraulic on rear door. Starts and runs great every time - needs nothing! Ready to cruise - clear...
1983 Toyota Landcruiser FJ-40 Really a trailer queen for the last 10 years or so I have low miles 74,000 no rips or wear in seats I replaced all panels in the rear did not need it but decided to do so did it right many years ago now.The appraisal guy commented its in better shape than new which I agreed on but spend hundred of hours my self & hired journey body guy to install the new panels which were welded in.This is the cleanest cruiser I ever seen or owned I broke 2 bolts dismantling the entire truck for the refab. The seats the rear mat everything still appears new.Its always been parked inside.The resto is 10 years old.New old man emu lift & new mud terrain tires.This is a mint cruiser located in Alberta Canada 86,500.00 USD...
This 1969 Land Cruiser FJ40 is powered by a 350ci Chevrolet V8 linked with a four-speed manual transmission, both of which are said to have been installed under prior ownership in 2022. The truck is finished in Red with a black roof, and equipment includes manually locking front hubs, Bilstein front shocks, tubular bumpers, a receiver hitch, a removable hardtop, a heater, zipper windows, fabric doors, Toyota-branded floor coverings, and rear seats. The truck was acquired by the seller in 2022. This FJ40 is now offered with a clean Montana title in the seller’s name. I'm trying to learn about this FJ, if you guys notice anything that would be an additional feature I missed I would appreciate it. :)
1964 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ45 modified with a 4.7-liter 2UZ V8, a four-speed automatic transmission, a Marks part-time four-wheel-drive conversion, a Toyota Land Cruiser 80-series chassis, a repaint in Antique Sage Pearl, and a shortened bed. Additional work consists of a power steering system, Icon suspension components, a custom cargo area with drawers, chromoly front and rear axles, four-wheel disc brakes, and a 24-gallon fuel tank. The interior features tan-upholstered Mastercraft seats, a Tuffy center console, aftermarket audio components, Dakota Digital gauges, and a Vintage Air HVAC system. The fluids are said to have been changed in anticipation of the sale. This modified Land Cruiser is now offered at no reserve in California...
Not mine, no affiliation. https://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/d/olathe-1960-land-cruiser/7497712304.html
Hey guys, I just listed my 1976 FJ40 for sale on Marketplace if anyone is interested. I've had it for around 7 years and have done tons of upgrades and tried to keep it as original as possible. I have hundreds of pics, so let me know if I can answer any questions. Hate to sell it, just out of garage space. Asking $31K. Thanks, Darren
$27,000.00 I bought this cruiser in 2009. Since then it has had a frame off restoration. It had a soft top when I bought it. I found a rolling chasis in Colorado with the hard top, doors etc. Spent some time cutting out all the rusted sections and welding in new steel. From there everything was abrasive blasted, primered and repainted. There is no rust (sheetmetal rot). The rear sections had some repairs done by brazing by a PO. This was there when I purchased the cruiser and it looked solid so I did not cut this out and replace it. I believe that this is where the paint is bubbled in the corner by the swing door. Everything else was cut out and repaired. There’s surface rust on the frame and underbody…I live in Idaho what do you...
Hello! SO my father had bought this to fix it up but never really had the time to do so. It has been sitting outside for years now, and it's time to let go of it. I mean it's a piece of work for sure, a lot of it is normal FJ40 things. -rear quarters are rusted to hell, the frame and underside is also rusted. -it run decent until you give it some gas and then sputters. -rear leaf springs mounts are rusted out, and not in good condition. -leaks oil I'll post some pics here, and also link a drive folder. Also if you want to come in person to see, more power to you! Just send a PM! Some things done to it -new shackles -petronix electronic ignition -weber carb -new radiator PRICE 7500$ Any questions, PM me or if you want any more...
This 1979 FJ40 Restomod runs and drives well. There is no rust. There are no issues of consequence at all. She's looks great and is ready to enjoy. Not for the purist however in my opinion, she's indeed a bargain. Highlights 20 Years Owned High Quality Fiberglass Tub - (No Rust) Small Block Chevy V-8 - Downey Adapter Headers and Exhaust Side Pipes Stock 4-Speed Manual Transmission - 3:70 gears Power Steering - I drove her and she goes straight down the road. BesTop Soft Top & Bikini Top - No hard top or hard doors Vintage Toyota tailgate. Nice ARB Lockers in front Shackle Reversal VDO Gauges Grant Steering Wheel Custom Oak Dash and Accents Pearlescent White Paint Aftermarket Front Seats Tuffy Locking Console Full Roll Cage Good...
1971 FJ 40 Toyota Land Cruiser, 3.9 liter inline 6 cylinder 3.9 L (F - Series)(235cc) Four-wheel-drive WARN hubs, Weber carburetor Otherwise all original equipment Repainted 2003 and garaged Full Engine removal and rebuild 2002 Three speed transmission on column Two door short wheel base 51,400 Miles since original engine rebuild All maintenance records available I purchased this Land Cruiser in February 2002 from Wayne Conley-Bill‘s body and paint shop in Moses Lake Washington as a personal vehicle for myself only. It has seen no off-road use and has been garaged for the last twenty years - driven short distances weekly to work. When repainted, diamond plate was added over a few light rust areas. Pre-work pictures showing intact...
Asking $33,500 I purchased this 1972 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 in 2020. The previous owner had acquired the truck in AZ, and completed a frame-off restoration from 04-07. This process is documented via the PO’s blog, still located here: http://fj40.blogspot.com And his IH8Mud build post: https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/1972-fj40-build-up-thread.69741/ A blend of original equipment with modern upgrades, it is powered by a Chevy 350 V8 and has been converted to automatic transmission – TH350 mated to the stock FJ40 transfer case. It has a rebuilt title in the state of Washington and will come with all hard-copy documentation and receipts from its previous restoration to-date. I have maintained it exclusively with the experts at...
Up for sale is our 1975 FJ40. I started a frame off 10 years ago and it breaks my wife's’ heart that I can not finish this. I started a rebuild page here on Mud as well. Photos of the tear down, new rotisserie. All was going well, until my hands started with Dupuytren's Contracture. I’ve lost the use of both hands from this genetic disease as my fingers are all curled up. Clean title since 1985 when I purchased her. This is a great Father/ Son/ Daughter, Husband/ Wife project. The entire body was sandblasted except for the 4 doors, 2 front and 2 rear. The frame has no damage, needs a good repaint. Just some surface rust. Mostly new front end parts. Top has been separated and needs to be put back together. New headliner still in box...
Not mine and No Affiliation - Craigslist Ad Purchased a Toyota FJ40 that was for sale at a Ford Dealership - RED FLAG #1 https://fortcollins.craigslist.org/cto/d/fort-collins-toyota-fj/7486437462.html Toyota FJ40 1981 Purchased from Mike Maroon Ford in Longmont, CO last year. It had been a dream of mine to own one of these since I was 14 years old. But, I'm not a gear head and had an incorrect understanding of the emissions laws in Colorado, specifically and most importantly, where I live in Larimer County. Unfortunately, the vehicle didn't pass my local emissions and I'm not one to know how to fix it myself, so I'm selling it. I know I could find some place to help me do whatever needs to be done but honestly, I'm worried it would...
Hello members Selling my 1969 Fj40 FST. Original Arizona cruiser. Last registered was 1995. Picked this girl up at a farm in Fresno, CA. It has factory soft top bows and factory soft top doors but not installed on the car.. Original Factory Red seat belts.. The engine starts without pressing on gas pedal. Transmission works. light oil leak from the oil pan, gasket needs replaced. Floor has surface rust but has no cancer. 3 spots has toothpick size holes Original front seat. I have passenger seat but its for a different year but could work for it. I will include it with the sale.. No rear seats. Windshield is cracked. The previous owners had installed a second gas tank in the rear but it has been cancelled out. Rear tire carrier...
This "Freeborn Red" 1979 FJ Cruiser recently underwent a complete and thorough mechanical inspection and has been found to have no mechanical issues. Runs and drives like new. The vehicle is in excellent shape. The interior was given a thorough refresh, and the exterior has been examined and detailed and is in perfect condition. The truck is powered by a rebuilt 4.2-liter 2F inline-six paired with a five-speed manual transmission (H55F) and a dual-range transfer case. The vehicle has 4-wheel disc brakes and aftermarket AC. The vehicle is also equipped with a Bluetooth connectible CD player and updated pioneer speakers. Chassis # FJ4359793 with 354 miles shown (TMU) 5 Speed manual transmission Price: 85k OBO Additional Photos can...
This "Nordic" Blue FJ40 Cruiser is a frame-off restored vehicle, imported from Colombia. All seals from glass to the body have been replaced. Full paint: White top and “Nordic” Blue body, factory wheels refinished in grey on chrome. The interior sports reupholstered door cards and interior with matching grey. The vehicle recently underwent a complete and thorough mechanical inspection and has been found to have no mechanical issues. Runs and drives like new. The vehicle is in excellent shape. The interior was given a thorough refresh, and the exterior has been examined and detailed and is in perfect condition. The truck is powered by a recently overhauled 4.2-liter 2F inline-six paired with an upgraded H42 4spd and a dual-range...
Not mine, no affiliation. $2K 1978 Toyota Landcruiser - auto parts - by owner - vehicle automotive... - https://maine.craigslist.org/pts/d/solon-1978-toyota-landcruiser/7488788783.html
1978 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 Mostly original, California delivered, 102,600 miles from new with the original 2F motor - with California CARB compliant Downey numbered headers (IYKYK). I love this truck. It has quirks but is the best sounding 2F I have ever heard and gets more good happy attention than anything I’ve ever driven. It has some rust on the floors (around the original factory drivers side front sound deadening and rear floor). The rear deck lip, rocker and cowl have been painted and the floors rattle canned black at some point in its life. I’ve recently (last 100 miles just to cars and coffee) put new BFGKo2’s, steel wheels with caps, new clutch, resurfaced flywheel, brake master cylinder and added some Kc driving lights...
Not mine. I saw this on Craigslist. Wrong color and wrong year for me, but thought some one might be interested. Looks fairly clean... https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/d/meridian-fj40/7492315821.html
1978 FJ40 with original 2f motor approx 110k miles. Holy Sniper EFI, ole man emu suspension, BFG MT 33x10.5r15, Warn 8274 winch, ARB front and rear lockers, Aftermarket A/C, Factory power steering, 4 wheel disc brakes, 4 speed manual transmission, rock sliders This is the best driving FJ40 I have ever owned. I purchased it about 2 years ago locally here in Louisiana. Document history shows the truck has been in Louisiana and Texas its entire existence. I am the 3rd owner, the previous owner owned it since 1988, where he bought it from the original owner in Lafayette, LA Price 40K
Hello everyone. Keeping my FJ40 at the moment. not selling 1985 2f engine with 1f intake and header. it that runs very strong. It should be around 200k miles. I don't have compression # h55 transmission about 8 years old and under 15k miles on it and 1987 split transfer case It was painted about 10 years ago. Color is sandstorm(same as 2008 FJ cruisers front disk brakes and drums in the rear. Rear axle is from a 1984 fj60 Rear spring were reversed. rear wheel wells were cut and I did not get it painted again. 4.10 gears and with rear ARB locker. 33" tires in good shape Long range gas tank from Mann-A-Fre After market gauges with GPS speedometer After market front and rear seats. Forward facing rear seats. 4 seatbelts...
I have for sale a complete low mileage 1978 FJ40. It has many new parts and very little rust. 84,000 documented miles. $23k as it sits or $32k finished Reupholstered seats and jumps All new weatherstripping , most OEM New City Racer Fuji carb New City Racer front and rear mats New lights (all of them) NOS front bumper NOS front license plate bracket NOS shifter and t-case knobs New FJ40 dash pad NOS bumperettes NOS emblems (all of them) Nice steering wheel and center cap , no cracks NOS wiper arms NOS Aisin hubs, not pictured New OME springs OME steering stabilizer New Bilstein shocks, not pictured NOS visors OEM jack and jack rods, tool kit with tools Custom made steelies 8x15 with NOS hubcaps I have the roof side panels (repainted) I...
Top Bottom