Carolina Relic Run 2019 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You should already have a first aid kit with your truck and the extinguisher I think I mounted it by the back seat on the DS. You don't want it loose in the truck.

There is no first aid kit in there.. That answers my questions about what was missing on one side of the compartment on the rear tailgate. I had the tool kit, and the other was empty and couldn't figure out what was supposed to be there.

There is no first aid kit in there.. That answers my questions about what was missing on one side of the compartment on the rear tailgate. I had the tool kit, and the other was empty and couldn't figure out what was supposed to be there.
Well, now you know where to put it when you get one.

Well, now you know where to put it when you get one.

It's going to need a new home... That's where I have put a tow strap, D rings, and tow hitch D ring.

ticket bought and riding solo, offer is out there if anyone is looking to just ride down. Also willing to offer the 200 as a tow rig

It sounds like we, as a club may want to have a basic wheeling/safety kit discussion session soon.
I appreciate the tow rig offer, but I bring too many tools/spares and just general shiite. I try not to make a habit of wheeling my tow rig... That's why I tow my 40... so it doesn't have to be able to drive home.

@Stumpalama figured that might be the case after extending the offer. Thought about all the tools/parts that one might throw in the bed, etc.

It sounds like we, as a club may want to have a basic wheeling/safety kit discussion session soon.
You've met us (ONSC, UC, LCLL), and know how helpful we are, but individual & club preparedness is a major thing when a group of people drive 6-12 hours to do things in the woods. We might all be friends by the time you leave but until then common sense says you'll rely first on the folks you came with.

I have knowledge of the URE area. I'll be happy to chime in regarding hospital, auto parts stores, grocery, ABC, etc...if you ask...as will anybody in the ONSC Clubhouse.

And, just to warn y'all...I have a lot of my camping/4x4 stuff with me in VA but there's a chance I'll be flying home to CLT to prep the 40 for CRR. That means some of my gear might need a ride south... (or maybe I'll be able to take my new 100...shhhh!)

You've met us (ONSC, UC, LCLL), and know how helpful we are, but individual & club preparedness is a major thing when a group of people drive 6-12 hours to do things in the woods. We might all be friends by the time you leave but until then common sense says you'll rely first on the folks you came with.

I have knowledge of the URE area. I'll be happy to chime in regarding hospital, auto parts stores, grocery, ABC, etc...if you ask...as will anybody in the ONSC Clubhouse.

And, just to warn y'all...I have a lot of my camping/4x4 stuff with me in VA but there's a chance I'll be flying home to CLT to prep the 40 for CRR. That means some of my gear might need a ride south... (or maybe I'll be able to take my new 100...shhhh!)
I am just referring to basic wheeling preparedness. Things like 1st aid kits, fire extinguishers, jacks (with handles), proper sized wrench for the lug nuts on the vehicle you are currently driving, spare tire (with air and that holds air).
Sometimes, we get complacent as group, and assume everyone knows what they should have in their trucks.
I know there is a discussion thread in our clubhouse forum regarding what to have in your trail kit.
However, at a minimum, everyone should have a fire extinguisher, a 1st aid kit, a good spare tire, a jack, a tow strap (a legit one, not a length of ratchet strap), a properly rated clevis or "D" ring.

I have the Jack!
I thaught you were bringing the handle!

I would definitely appreciate going over what we should have at a minimum. Would help me out a lot as I know I need a good amount of stuff but want to get the most important things that I need for event rides first and slowly grow the inventory

My understanding is a 200 is twice the truck of a hundy. 2 1/2 times the rig of an 80 and 5 times the machine of a forty. I guess we will just find out in a few weeks. And who is this Daniel guy? Did I meet him last year?

I'm now a no-go :mad:

The wife had a trip planned with some of her friends for that weekend.

Thumbs down me on the roster @Jakes40

Last edited:
And who is this Daniel guy? Did I meet him last year?

You don't remember him?

He drove a beat up 60, had cowboy swagger, chased his tequila with pickle juice, and banged skinny jeans girlfriend in the canyon.

Oh, wait, that was some other dude...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom