Builds Call me Deacon Blues (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OK, lets start with the bad at GSMTR. Well its not really that bad, just little that happens. On the way there, the wind caught my roof molding and ripped part of it off.
View attachment 3038440

Showing off my engine bay and @GearGeek wasn't impressed because she noticed I was missing a bolt in my valve cover. Glad she saw it, because they were all loose. . .but no leaks.

View attachment 3038437

On the trail i kept hearing a pop. @Bryanseye looked under the truck and noticed my front swaybar link was sheered off.
View attachment 3038435
These are the Whiteline HD swaybars. The link was the weak point.

Then i kept hearing popping and looked at my rear swaybar bracket and a bolt was missing.
View attachment 3038436This same bolt has come out before while wheeling. The rear swaybar is also a Whiteline HD.

Lastly on the way home a rock hit my windshield.
View attachment 3038438
These are only little annoyances. No body damage, and nothing serious broke. I could live with this. I had a great time.

Got home, unpacked, and did "Stage 1" of my cleaning.
View attachment 3038439
Holy swaybar! You had it worse than I did. I had heard a jingling in the rear of mine all week, finally noticed the nylock nut on the rear sway bar end link had some how come off! I don't think a hardware store trip fixes yours though. Great to meet you, thanks for your help with my key/ ignition issue, and again, awesome truck! Can't wait to see that 6.2 swap!

So. . I bought another 80 🙄
20220724_092842.jpg

Just kidding 😂 @AWOLDoc stopped by for a little chat. This thread was getting stale and needed some content. This is his 93 JDM that he's slowly overhauling everything because perfect isn't good enough 😋

FINALLY!! installed @LandCruiserPhil's heavy duty rear swaybar brackets. They've been sitting in my garage for over a year.

20220813_115837_HDR.jpg
20220813_121412.jpg

Took these pics a week ago at the cruiser meet before everyone started showing up.
20220803_184904.jpg
20220803_184411.jpg

Went to ONSC's Logan's Run this weekend with the fam. Wheeled with the usually suspects @Roxx, @UZJ105, @IcutYourCruiser, @roadstr6, @Zjohnsonua, Steve (cant remember his handle) and a few others and had a frat time. We did Dutch John and Daniel trail before returning for the potluck, trivia, and raffle.
20220924_081158.jpg

20220924_184234.jpg

20220924_191655_HDR.jpg

Had a couple close encounter. Kissed a tree with the gas tank door, and got tree bark on my paint 🤦🏽‍♂️🤬.
20220925_140450.jpeg

Since Deacon is now ruined in my eye, I guess I have to sell him 😥😭.
New Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation.jpg

Jk. I just had to give it a good scrub. Thanks @Roxx and @roadstr6 for the expert spotting 🙃🙏🏽.
20220925_125126_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
My 80 is white Monstaliner. I have pondered blacking out my hood. Glad I saw yours, I think it’s the first white 80 with a totally black hood I’ve seen. What was your main reason for coating it black?

Been a while since I've posted. Had a training in Georgia for a month, so I drove the LC down there in case I found a good deal from someone in the area.

No problems there, but on the way back home my speedometer and mileage meter stopped working.

20221112_150427.jpg

Somehow the wire to my Yellow Box got cut. It was an easy fix this morning, so everything is all good.

20221113_081502.jpg

What an "Yellow Box" you say? It's a speedo recalibrator because I'm regeared on 37"s.

Been a while since I've posted. Had a training in Georgia for a month, so I drove the LC down there in case I found a good deal from someone in the area.

No problems there, but on the way back home my speedometer and mileage meter stopped working.

View attachment 3167015

Somehow the wire to my Yellow Box got cut. It was an easy fix this morning, so everything is all good.

View attachment 3167014

What an "Yellow Box" you say? It's a speedo recalibrator because I'm regeared on 37"s.

Putting on physical miles and at the same time keeping the miles low and the value of your 80 up... LOL!!!

Has anyone ever went to change their oil and accidentally started draining the transmission fluid instead? 🤔 I didn't think so. We'll I did that this morning 🙄 Dumb ass 🤦🏽‍♂️

Has anyone ever went to change their oil and accidentally started draining the transmission fluid instead? 🤔 I didn't think so. We'll I did that this morning 🙄 Dumb ass 🤦🏽‍♂️
Holy shyt?!?! Why is my engine oil RED?

Holy shyt?!?! Why is my engine oil RED?
I was like "man this plug is tighter than I remember". . Then red s*** out. Hurried up and plugged it back lol

I was like "man this plug is tighter than I remember". . Then red s*** out. Hurried up and plugged it back lol
Sounds like every Friday night at my house.

Drove it to my retirement training this morning.
20221207_071754_HDR.jpg

Haven't drove for almost a month. Something (I'm sure a few things) is drawing power while it's off because the battery was completely dead.

Drove it to my retirement training this morning.
View attachment 3187305

Haven't drove for almost a month. Something (I'm sure a few things) is drawing power while it's off because the battery was completely dead.

I call BS…that parking lot has never been that empty. God himself could not find a parking spot in there the instant after he created the world.

I call BS…that parking lot has never been that empty. God himself could not find a parking spot in there the instant after he created the world.
Got there before 7:30am. That's how I got the awesome spot for the awesome pic.

But usually true. A few weeks ago I got my wife a new ID card. We had to park like a quarter mile away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom