Builds Building Bubbles the Turbo Super Tourer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well that and a lot of people think that A/W means engine coolant and they don’t understand how you run windshield washer fluid for engine coolant. It’s just funny how people really don’t understand how things work.

I am sure there will be some...like how do you make sure you don’t run out of fluid to cool the air change down.

In order to make room for the custom Intercooler expansion tank, ABS had to go. I was already planning on deleting it since I loved the results when I deleted it on my Cummins 80.

Flaring custom brake lines in the engine bay is not my favorite thing to do, maybe it’s just the kit I have is a PIA to use. I took the igniter bracket, reshaped it a little bit and used it to mount a Wilwood manual proportioning valve off the side of the charcoal canister. The LSPV got deleted at the same time and I replaced the 80 ABS master with a larger 1” bore T100 Non-ABS master...which is perfectly sized for my 4Runner front calipers.

Note to others deleting ABS and LSPV, don’t try to use the short M10x1.0 fittings that are on the output side of the ABS pump...they do not seal in the Toyota T fittings despite the same thread size and pitch. You have to use the longer fittings that are on all other lines besides the ABS pump.

View attachment 2381691
View attachment 2381690

I also tossed in a pair of Rosen visors this afternoon, they are seriously nice!!!
View attachment 2381692
View attachment 2381693

I wonder if those Rosens would fit in my 1998 100 Series? I've had those in various aircraft I've flown and LOVED them.

I wonder if those Rosens would fit in my 1998 100 Series? I've had those in various aircraft I've flown and LOVED them.
They really are great, I think they would fit. I beleive the bolt spacing is the same, but the underside of the 100 visor mounts have an extra ridge that needs to be modded if you were putting 100 series visors in an 80. The rosens don't have that so i think they should bolt right into a 100.

They really are great, I think they would fit. I beleive the bolt spacing is the same, but the underside of the 100 visor mounts have an extra ridge that needs to be modded if you were putting 100 series visors in an 80. The rosens don't have that so i think they should bolt right into a 100.

Thanks! Yeah, I drive in TX and in the CO mountains a LOT. So, I deal with tremendous sun all the time. My visors stay down all the time. As such, they limit field of view for sure. Thought about adding a tint line across the top of my windscreen as well. My eyes are super sensitive to glare.

A lot of progress has been made on my Air to Water intercooler system.

The expansion tank / Meth tank holds about 3.5 gallons of fluid and uses up all the available space where the ABS pump was back to the firewall. There is still enough room to get my arm in to change the oil filter though. I had an -4AN bung welded in and capped off for future Meth Injection use. The Inlet/outlets are all -10AN.
2BCF5555-92BB-45D5-8491-B92C6648C685.jpeg

The original plan was to place the intercooler on top of the valve cover with simple short end tanks made in line with turbo outlet and intake manifold, but hood clearance became an issue. I am sure this could still work if you are using a smaller IC core. The Garrtet core I am using is good for 750hp, so it’s not small.

The new plan was to put it in front of the turbo between the York and valve cover with some more complex end tanks. To accomplish this, the York bracket needed to be cut and dropped 1.5” and a new Heater bypass tube had to be made to take advantage of that created space.
A7807734-DBB3-47AA-96C3-1D63360FC9BD.jpeg

CE982F5B-A018-41E3-AAC1-7768F0543B10.jpeg

I am definitely taking advantage of every last ounce of space under this hood, but I am really happy with how this is coming together. I still need to run the fluid lines and wire up the pump and heat exchanger fan that is mounted in front of the condenser on the passenger side.
DE805AD2-4759-413F-A7E9-9128D514DDC6.jpeg

6A2E8561-954C-4790-918C-11FD64F7CEDE.jpeg

Thats some awesome space planning Wish I could see that in person. Great work pulling all that together. Kudos to you sir

Thats some awesome space planning Wish I could see that in person. Great work pulling all that together. Kudos to you sir
Shoehorn required.

Mark Lockhart - Lockhart Enterprises. His business is all custom work like this.
Cool. Looks like nice work. I wondered if it was Dustin Francis at DP Custom Fab. He's helped on a bunch of stuff in the past for the 200 Race truck and I thought maybe Bryson pointed you his way. He does awesome work too. Nice to have a few good options for quality aluminum fab work.

Cool. Looks like nice work. I wondered if it was Dustin Francis at DP Custom Fab. He's helped on a bunch of stuff in the past for the 200 Race truck and I thought maybe Bryson pointed you his way. He does awesome work too. Nice to have a few good options for quality aluminum fab work.
Josh actually pointed me towards Mark back when Carl’s front bumper was going together. I needed to modify my intercooler to fit behind the bumper so had Mark do that also.

I have a lot of electrical and plumbing work going on right now.

2156BA03-B521-405B-B15B-72DDEEC882F8.jpeg

I installed a switchpro using the @Delta VS firewall mount and a @NLXTACY ashtray mount. Pretty slick setup.
31367D9F-087D-4FA4-86F7-3F370D3F0D54.jpeg

769EBE7C-96AA-4CC1-8453-89C5ECC9C49D.jpeg

To further remove heat from the engine, I have also mounted a stacked plate Derale oil cooler with dual fans on the driver side frame rail on a custom mount.
A68E7A11-3ABE-4B7C-B49E-5E598216391B.jpeg

I am using a sandwich plate behind the oil filter and running some pretty fancy earl’s fluid lines. I use the large oil can toyota oil filters, and adding the sandwich plate does not cause any interference.
5DE0D796-EE62-4DA0-9B2D-2C7F00D1ECF5.jpeg

I've got a stash of cassette mix tapes if you need some tunes for that rig. :)

I might need to borrow them for our trip in a few weeks...my co-pilot is surely going to give me grief about the lack of tunes once we hit the dessert.

I might need to borrow them for our trip in a few weeks...my co-pilot is surely going to give me grief about the lack of tunes once we hit the dessert.
as long as you're down with some '80s hair bands and rock ballads I've got you covered. LOL. Depending on who your copilot is it could get a little weird.

I have a lot of electrical and plumbing work going on right now.

View attachment 2442628

I installed a switchpro using the @Delta VS firewall mount and a @NLXTACY ashtray mount. Pretty slick setup.
View attachment 2442632
View attachment 2442633

To further remove heat from the engine, I have also mounted a stacked plate Derale oil cooler with dual fans on the driver side frame rail on a custom mount.
View attachment 2442630

I am using a sandwich plate behind the oil filter and running some pretty fancy earl’s fluid lines. I use the large oil can toyota oil filters, and adding the sandwich plate does not cause any interference.
View attachment 2442629
great work. do you think the fans on the oil cooler will survive mud / water and grit being placed where they are? I assume the wire coming off the fans that is ran under the slider arm in the picture was re-routed above the slider arm bar? Still very anxious to hear your comments on the intercooler set up. keep up the good work?

great work. do you think the fans on the oil cooler will survive mud / water and grit being placed where they are? I assume the wire coming off the fans that is ran under the slider arm in the picture was re-routed above the slider arm bar? Still very anxious to hear your comments on the intercooler set up. keep up the good work?
The oil cooler fans are water proof, so no worries about that. That said, if I am going to pass through a water crossing I will turn them off to avoid any bow thruster action. The cooler itself is actuall very well protected by the mount, but I do want to fab up a bit of a stone guard to limit chances of any damage to the fan.

I am plugging away at the IC fluid plumbing lines now...getting close.

A lot of progress has been made on my Air to Water intercooler system.

The expansion tank / Meth tank holds about 3.5 gallons of fluid and uses up all the available space where the ABS pump was back to the firewall. There is still enough room to get my arm in to change the oil filter though. I had an -4AN bung welded in and capped off for future Meth Injection use. The Inlet/outlets are all -10AN.
View attachment 2424652

The original plan was to place the intercooler on top of the valve cover with simple short end tanks made in line with turbo outlet and intake manifold, but hood clearance became an issue. I am sure this could still work if you are using a smaller IC core. The Garrtet core I am using is good for 750hp, so it’s not small.

The new plan was to put it in front of the turbo between the York and valve cover with some more complex end tanks. To accomplish this, the York bracket needed to be cut and dropped 1.5” and a new Heater bypass tube had to be made to take advantage of that created space.
View attachment 2424651
View attachment 2424653

I am definitely taking advantage of every last ounce of space under this hood, but I am really happy with how this is coming together. I still need to run the fluid lines and wire up the pump and heat exchanger fan that is mounted in front of the condenser on the passenger side.
View attachment 2424654
View attachment 2424656
Jealous of those that already have their Wits End Turbo and can tinker on it during this extended vacation😂. Still waiting on shipment of mine; almost 8 months now.😳

Jealous of those that already have their Wits End Turbo and can tinker on it during this extended vacation😂. Still waiting on shipment of mine; almost 8 months now.😳
On the positive side, the longer it takes for the parts supply chain to work through, the longer you have to learn from others that have done the install.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom