Builds Brewsky's Build & Pictures (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I kinda like this flat grey look on the wheels (it’s from the wet gravel roads). Good to have a reference for future changes 😉

04A01218-F741-4FD2-B72C-85B410EAEC56.jpeg

BA583772-E6EF-476B-9703-C276EB9135E5.jpeg

Thank you!

I actually have a wrap over the tail lights. I wish I had the sport tails but decided against paying the premium

I’m not sure about the harness but I don’t think they changed in 2021.
Your truck looks great. Where did you get the wraps?

Thanks! Looks like a pain either way! ha. I'm terrible with that kind of stuff.
Maybe reach out to a local shop for a quote. I have some experience doing it and mine didn't turn out all that great around the edges. Specially because there isn't a lot of spare material to stretch out.

So clean. Love it. How do you like the tail lights? I'd love to replace my "altezza" tail lights.

So clean. Love it. How do you like the tail lights? I'd love to replace my "altezza" tail lights.

Can’t go wrong with these. I hated the stock chrome tails and the OEM sport red ones are way too much money. I think these are a good compromise and are very close to an OEM style.

Treaty Oak Off-road front recovery points installed. Those damn top bolts are a pain, but luckily I got the passengers side in one try 😆

1C054248-004C-4699-908C-86198731D5E2.jpeg

Which dash cams did you add?
Got this one. Working well so far.

REDTIGER Dashcams Front Rear Dash Camera 4K/2.5K Full HD Car Dashboard Recorder with 3.16” IPS Screen, Wi-Fi GPS Night Vision Loop Recording 170° Wide Angle WDR, Free 32GB Card https://a.co/d/0c2LSB9

Also, running power from the rear view mirror using this:

Easy install and less wires.

Lol she knows it was!

Got this one. Working well so far.

REDTIGER Dashcams Front Rear Dash Camera 4K/2.5K Full HD Car Dashboard Recorder with 3.16” IPS Screen, Wi-Fi GPS Night Vision Loop Recording 170° Wide Angle WDR, Free 32GB Card https://a.co/d/0c2LSB9

Also, running power from the rear view mirror using this:

Easy install and less wires.

Lol she knows it was!
One thing I don't quite understand about dash cams is how long do they run before they write over themselves.
I assume the camera will record to an SD card or something and after so much time, will record over itself unless you remove the memory for an accident, or whatever reason you need to review the recording.
Is that correct?
If so, how long do they record for?

One thing I don't quite understand about dash cams is how long do they run before they write over themselves.
I assume the camera will record to an SD card or something and after so much time, will record over itself unless you remove the memory for an accident, or whatever reason you need to review the recording.
Is that correct?
If so, how long do they record for?
All depends on the size of the memory (eg SD card) and quality of video you choose. My cam captures up to about 2hrs of vid before writing over IIRC. It also has a built in feature to auto save footage from write over following an impact. Some cams also sync with your phone so saving to the cloud is also an option.

Reactions: r2m
All depends on the size of the memory (eg SD card) and quality of video you choose. My cam captures up to about 2hrs of vid before writing over IIRC. It also has a built in feature to auto save footage from write over following an impact. Some cams also sync with your phone so saving to the cloud is also an option.

Yea exactly. Idk how much time records before filling up the 32GB card but it has a built in feature for accidents and you can also lock a clip with a button - preventing from overwriting.

Last edited:
Anyone ever cut their Prinsu or other roof rack wind deflector?
Been thinking about it to make the notch to fit a light bar.

Was thinking it’s doable with an angle grinder but making it perfectly straight might get tricky.

Want to avoid paying for a new one 🤣

Anyone ever cut their Prinsu or other roof rack wind deflector?
Been thinking about it to make the notch to fit a light bar.

Was thinking it’s doable with an angle grinder but making it perfectly straight might get tricky.

Want to avoid paying for a new one 🤣
Can you trace the existing faring over a piece of plexiglass (Acrylic) and have your light bar behind it? I did that with mine and it helps keep the wind noise down.
You can see how I did it on my build thread starting at post #70: Builds - R²M 2013 GX 460 Overland Build - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/r-m-2013-gx-460-overland-build.1104719/page-4
Although, I have a Gamiviti rack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom