Builds Brewsky's Build & Pictures (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ran a 4 pin cable down through the central section of the carrier to connect the new license plate LED. Shrink wrapped it all for a clean look and waterproof seal.

Didn’t cut the new LED cables close yet because I’m unsure about the LED bar that the carrier came with.

I did add a 2 pin plug right at the end of the cable for easier tire removal.

4F284ADF-BFC3-423D-BCDB-8831264D5067.jpeg

4539293C-F9ED-4BC5-9391-2FAD45F7DD4B.jpeg
D8400146-FFED-4D88-89B2-400059E2E8B3.jpeg

How solid is the tire carrier? I had a Rigd on my Tacoma and that was rock solid..
So far so good. I haven't been on a trail yet with it, but it comes with a tightening mechanism for the hitch mount. Doesn't seem to be going anywhere. I'll review it after I hit the trails.

How solid is the tire carrier? I had a Rigd on my Tacoma and that was rock solid..

Been a few hundred miles and some light trails - had to tighten things a bit but nothing serious. It was expected to have to re-tighten things after it settles a bit. I'm happy so far.

Bringing the images up to date. This includes tire carrier. Haven't found the need to chop up the front/rear bumper so it'll probably stay like that for a while.

Up next could be ditch lights and some roof storage. Might wrap the chrome with flat black but I'm kinda enjoying the OEM+ look right now.

Fifteen52_Michaux State Forest-255.jpg

Fifteen52_Michaux State Forest-260.jpg

Fifteen52_Michaux State Forest-201.jpg

Fifteen52_Michaux State Forest-351.jpg

Fifteen52_Michaux State Forest-233.jpg

The change of color looks awesome!
We just don't get that down here in So. Cal. Wrong trees, wrong climate.

The change of color looks awesome!
We just don't get that down here in So. Cal. Wrong trees, wrong climate.

The colors are so awesome, its one of my favorite times of the year. Heading deeper into central PA this weekend hopefully to see more.

The colors are so awesome, its one of my favorite times of the year. Heading deeper into central PA this weekend hopefully to see more.
Here's a forecast map of Fall foliage:
But you probably already know this...

Here's a forecast map of Fall foliage:
But you probably already know this...
Thank you for sharing. Yes, been keeping an eye on forecasts but they’re not super accurate always.

This weekend and next should be pretty solid for PA. I think more northern states have likely peaked by now.

Reactions: r2m
Those wheels are the best looking ones for aftermarket!!! Any regrets with the purchase of them?

I love the wheels, no regrets. The 0 offset helps with fitting 285/70s also.

Only regret has been my tire choice, these Wildpeaks have been giving me some on/off light vibrations since they were new at around 55mph and above. Been balanced, rebalanced, aligned, etc. One day they shake the truck, the next they don’t.

Probably going with Ridge Grapplers when it’s time to change. For now, I’ll deal with it.

My recent set of AT KO2's were doing the same.....I had them balanced and then rebalanced over a 10 day period after purchase and the steering wheel still felt like it was hammering me. Discount tire swapped them out for new and now rides like butter. They claimed three of the four were out of round so they replaced them :meh:

Check out Bald Eagle State Forest (if you haven’t.) Awesome place in central PA, legit 4x4 trails and free camping!
PS also love the wheels.

My recent set of AT KO2's were doing the same.....I had them balanced and then rebalanced over a 10 day period after purchase and the steering wheel still felt like it was hammering me. Discount tire swapped them out for new and now rides like butter. They claimed three of the four were out of round so they replaced them :meh:

Hmm, that could be the problem but at this point I'm kinda over it haha if it gets much worse I'll have to reach out to my tire shop.

Check out Bald Eagle State Forest (if you haven’t.) Awesome place in central PA, legit 4x4 trails and free camping!
PS also love the wheels.

Yes, I like BESF. Actually going there tomorrow and swinging by Rothrock as well. Foliage should be at peak, so it should be a good time.

I too am looking for a new set of KO2's (285/75R17, 5 of them) and nobody seems to have them in stock. I'm hearing they're all about 2 to 3 mouths back order.
Even though BFG makes these tires here in the good 'ol U.S. of A. So I assume they're not sitting off coast of my house on a container ship! But probably having materials shortages/difficulties. :hmm:
Coming home yesterday from work I saw several container ships just off the coast and about direct southwest of my home. That's about 60 miles south of Long Beach and 75 miles south of L.A. harbor!! (Where everything gets unloaded and trucked out) When I told my wife I saw those ships, she said she read that there are now over one hundred ships off our So. Cal. coast waiting to be unloaded!!! o_O

I too am looking for a new set of KO2's (285/75R17, 5 of them) and nobody seems to have them in stock. I'm hearing they're all about 2 to 3 mouths back order.
Even though BFG makes these tires here in the good 'ol U.S. of A. So I assume they're not sitting off coast of my house on a container ship! But probably having materials shortages/difficulties. :hmm:
Coming home yesterday from work I saw several container ships just off the coast and about direct southwest of my home. That's about 60 miles south of Long Beach and 75 miles south of L.A. harbor!! (Where everything gets unloaded and trucked out) When I told my wife I saw those ships, she said she read that there are now over one hundred ships off our So. Cal. coast waiting to be unloaded!!! o_O

Wow! Yea that situation is just mind blowing

Yep....guess we will all be paying for those demuragge charges one way or another......ouch

This was taken 20 days ago, flying into Long Beach. It's insane.

PXL_20211009_191232602.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom