Bought My First Pig (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

100% less pushing than my first several outings from home 👍🏻

I was pretty surprised myself. It bucked and I stalled several times. Drove it for about 20mins around the neighborhood today again and it stayed at 190* and ran significantly better. Only bucked/stalled when I went to 4L for a bit. I'm assuming different loads made the Sniper freak a bit.

Keeps me smiling

IMG20230317121703.jpg

I wonder where the 55 has been parked? 🤔

IMG20230317121059.jpg

Re-tightended the oil pan bolts and hoped for less leaks. It's surprising how many loosened. If it happens again they'll get some minor thread locker. Picked up new headlights/relay/harness from @cruisermatt . Super simple install and works like a dream.

Gotta built some mounts for the seats next and finish the exhaust now that the header is in. Also figure some brake stuff out. Next (🤞) biggie will be tires!

IMG20230324213715.jpg

IMG20230323134241.jpg

Last edited:
Re-tightended the oil pan bolts and hoped for less leaks. It's surprising how many loosened. If it happens again they'll get some minor thread locker. Picked up new headlights/relay/harness from @cruisermatt . Super simple install and works like a dream.

Gotta built some mounts for the seats next and finish the exhaust now that the header is in. Also figure some brake stuff out. Next (🤞) biggie will be tires!

View attachment 3281571

View attachment 3281572
What header did you go with?

I see that header collector right there, how's that playing out?

This will give me more room to route the exhaust how I want. The older 55 mounts are squarely in the way and instead of just grinding them back for clearance, I chose the hard way. Utilized the FJ60 rear mount and moved the mounting ears back. Made a crossmember out of 1x2 and called it macaroni. Now, I'm not captain fabricator so if a weld fails it won't surprise me. But so far all is good after some jouncing. Paint will make it look 10% better.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom