BORA 1" Wheel Spacers (these are really nice) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.cardomain.com
Nothing new here, just wheel spacers. That being said I just had to show these off to anybody who hasn't seen spacers from BORA.

I originally bought a set of 4 wheel centric spacers that were really nice, but despite the claim that they fit my '99 LX, the fronts wouldn't clear the drive plates. I returned 2 and bought a set of knockoff "non" wheel centric ebay versions for the front. They fit but produced a vibration/ wobble that I definitely couldn't live with. For what it's worth I ran a similar set on all four corners of the LX450 and had no issue to speak of, the 470 however did not like the cheapos.

Enter BORA, with their unique wheel centric design that does clear the drive plate/ nuts. These things are an absolute work of art and they eliminated any and all vibrations. Check out the pics, I highly recommend them.

5BFDC7D1-D13B-4322-85C5-133A39A1DAAF_zpsuht850wq.jpg

62B70A7B-A1AA-485C-9C79-97D45FEDFA90_zps29trunti.jpg

78A5C6F7-B9EF-4873-A4BC-64E1BC8041CB_zpshuvi1lgj.jpg

I have the Bora 1" spacers and have been running them for a year now. No issues and the new stance is how the LC should have come from the factory!

Why spacers?
Wider track for improved stability?
Fender well clearance for bigger tires?

You fit the 295's with AHC or with a lift? Looks great btw.

AHC, even on normal setting. I barely trimmed the plastic fender at the pinch weld to get rid of the slightest rub. That plastic sticks out about an inch past the metal and it's as thin as tissue paper.
EFC4F991-9514-42A0-B5E6-4BAB32D3F5A1_zps8w6yxdx4.jpg

AHC, even on normal setting. I barely trimmed the plastic fender at the pinch weld to get rid of the slightest rub. That plastic sticks out about an inch past the metal and it's as thin as tissue paper.
EFC4F991-9514-42A0-B5E6-4BAB32D3F5A1_zps8w6yxdx4.jpg
Aaaah. I have heard of this being done. I was just about to pull the plug on some BFG 285/65/18's but the 295''s look nice. I wonder if they would rub more without the 1" spacers. Did you try without?

I wonder if they would rub more without the 1" spacers. Did you try without?

Didn't rub at all without the spacers if I recall. BFG's are slightly narrower than some other brands FYI.

I'm looking to pick up a set of spacers for my rock warriors. Do these spacers require any modification to the factory wheel studs?

Looks good! Do you have any front or rear views? I'd like to see how far they 'poke' out.

also wondering if this is primarily driven by tire fitment or aesthetics?
In my case astecthics, & wider stance for a little better tracking. Tire clearance was fine.

also wondering if this is primarily driven by tire fitment or aesthetics?
For me it's so the TRD Rock Warrior wheels will clear the hub. I'm trying to find out if the studs will need replacing or modifying though.

Did you need longer posts? Were you able to get the lugnuts on securely with enough thread to be safe?

Did you need longer posts? Were you able to get the lugnuts on securely with enough thread to be safe?
I was thinking the factory studs might be TOO long. That they would have to be replaced with shorter ones or cut down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom