Bolt on turbo kit (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just a thought, what about doing a non refundable deposit of $2000-3000, to firm up commitments, and allow committed cash in to help? I know I would put the full amount in now, but am waiting for some pesky clients to pay their bills.

I think a non refundable deposit would not be a bad idea. $1,000 to $2,000.

Per Joey's request. The GoFundMe that I created is being deactivated. All refunds will be refunded by GOFundMe.
"All donors will receive 100% of their money back within 3 - 7 business days."

As much as he appreciates the thought. He wants to be able to do this himself.

Last edited:
Someone more tech savvy than me should start a GOFUNDME for the soon to be acquired new turbo truck. I have bought quite a few things from Joey's site and am not in need of anything right now. Additionally, I'm sure clean $$ will benefit him more than product purchases. Joey is a class act so I don't expect him to ever ask for something like this, but this project benefits all of us to see what the 1FZ can really do long term. Even if we don't end up with a sh*tload of $$ at the end of it, something is better than nothing. If someone creates a link, I will certainly be donating something.

THIS is an excellent idea! Wanna do something to help, but not sure what. If we all pitched a little bit, it would certainly help.

Someone WAY more tech savvy than me willing to set up a Gofundme site? I’ll pitch in.

when I click on the link it says "Fund Not Found"
help?

Per Joey's request. The GoFundMe that I created is being deactivated. All refunds will be refunded by GOFundMe.
"All donors will receive 100% of their money back within 3 - 7 business days."

As much as he appreciates the thought. He wants to be able to do this himself.

Red, but cheap and a rebuilt motor with receipts

Needs some love, has a CEL, but not horrible

Man... not much in the LA area to look at right now. If you find anything up in WA let me know and i'd happily drive it down/fly back up on a saturday/sunday.

The red one was discussed in another thread and the seller seemed a little squirrelly. The potential buyer (from San Diego) ultimately didn't bother to get it checked out. The seller did drop the price quite a bit, but seems to have hit about rock bottom on the price now. The white one in Castaic at least looks very clean on the inside, though the tailgate is bashed in.

This guy has been trying to sell this '95 with 138k miles (6k on rebuilt engine) FOREVER. Price has been consistent at $9.5k.

Concerning GoFundMe...

Guys seriously, all of you, I totally appreciate the effort. I seriously seriously do. But there are several reasons why I do not want to do a GoFundMe:

• Some of you may not have been around long enough on MUD but 6-7 years ago I donated a 60 series truck to a family in CO that suffered a huge personal loss. I JUST donated the truck. Everyone else stepped in and made it a success. Unfortunately, and for reasons I still cannot explain, the entire conversation changed into casting dispersion on my motivations. It got ugly quick. The thread was deleted by the mods but the damage was done. Anything I do as a charitable effort now is ONLY/ALWAYS done in private.

• I am not destitute. I'm just having a bad run on a single product SKU. Yes its the largest effort put forth for Wits' End but its just one item and although I don't see a way from ever profiting from the turbo at this point, the rest of Wits' End product lines are doing just fine. Except the 40 series windshield knobs...abject failure :(

• I can only see a GoFundMe going negative quick. There will be plenty of folks that will want to help out and feel good about helping out. But there will be just as many detractors that will deflate the cause. Also, there are so so so many real people out there that need real help and they could use your help. I'm just some dude trying to slap a turbo onto a truck. First world problems.

• Opening a GoFundMe for a company only accomplishes to point out the solvency for that company. I don't need folks finding cause NOT to order from me. If I can't manage a hit for a few grand then I need to roll up the carpet now.

Appreciate all that you are doing Joey. A few cruisers for sale in my area, several of these have been posted for a while with the prices steadily going down on them. Maybe one of them will work for you.

Concerning GoFundMe...

Guys seriously, all of you, I totally appreciate the effort. I seriously seriously do. But there are several reasons why I do not want to do a GoFundMe:

• Some of you may not have been around long enough on MUD but 6-7 years ago I donated a 60 series truck to a family in CO that suffered a huge personal loss. I JUST donated the truck. Everyone else stepped in and made it a success. Unfortunately, and for reasons I still cannot explain, the entire conversation changed into casting dispersion on my motivations. It got ugly quick. The thread was deleted by the mods but the damage was done. Anything I do as a charitable effort now is ONLY/ALWAYS done in private.

• I am not destitute. I'm just having a bad run on a single product SKU. Yes its the largest effort put forth for Wits' End but its just one item and although I don't see a way from ever profiting from the turbo at this point, the rest of Wits' End product lines are doing just fine. Except the 40 series windshield knobs...abject failure :(

• I can only see a GoFundMe going negative quick. There will be plenty of folks that will want to help out and feel good about helping out. But there will be just as many detractors that will deflate the cause. Also, there are so so so many real people out there that need real help and they could use your help. I'm just some dude trying to slap a turbo onto a truck. First world problems.

• Opening a GoFundMe for a company only accomplishes to point out the solvency for that company. I don't need folks finding cause NOT to order from me. If I can't manage a hit for a few grand then I need to roll up the carpet now.

Thanks for putting things into perspective.

Do you have a general price range you're looking at?

I'm always looking for Cruisers I can't afford anyway, might as well be for a purpose.

Been watching for a long time. Sincerely sorry about the incident with the ICON truck and like many others feel a desire to help, but you're doing the right thing Joey in terms of the GOFUNDME. Saavy and professional, as always. I know the horizon looks dark at the moment with the future profitability of the product, but I'm confident you'll make it what it needs to be. However, while it's admirable to see your determination to finish the project, if it doesn't make good business sense to continue to see it through, don't proceed if it's only to maintain a reputation. I can't see your reputation being tarnished in any way given the circumstances, if you were to decide it didn't make sense to continue with the project. I know you know all of this, and have been part of many projects in the past with millions invested in development only to be cancelled. I've been involved with project like that too and its disappointing and goes against individual nature to never give up.

At this point it sounds like you plan to continue forward and I'm confident that the end result will be of exceptional quality and attention to detail like the rest of the Wits End catalog. There are plenty of people in your corner even if it means just offering moral support for now. Carry on and hopefully things turn a corner for the best.

Been watching for a long time. Sincerely sorry about the incident with the ICON truck and like many others feel a desire to help, but you're doing the right thing Joey in terms of the GOFUNDME. Saavy and professional, as always. I know the horizon looks dark at the moment with the future profitability of the product, but I'm confident you'll make it what it needs to be. However, while it's admirable to see your determination to finish the project, if it doesn't make good business sense to continue to see it through, don't proceed if it's only to maintain a reputation. I can't see your reputation being tarnished in any way given the circumstances, if you were to decide it didn't make sense to continue with the project. I know you know all of this, and have been part of many projects in the past with millions invested in development only to be cancelled. I've been involved with project like that too and its disappointing and goes against individual nature to never give up.

At this point it sounds like you plan to continue forward and I'm confident that the end result will be of exceptional quality and attention to detail like the rest of the Wits End catalog. There are plenty of people in your corner even if it means just offering moral support for now. Carry on and hopefully things turn a corner for the best.

Thanks but since I have early adopter funds directly in the R&D, I have no choice but to complete this 😳

Do you have a general price range you're looking at?

I'm always looking for Cruisers I can't afford anyway, might as well be for a purpose.

It’s hard to say but since I can piggy back off the Icon 80’s truck marketing, I have to do my own now so that means finding something more “photogenic” if you will.

Joey is the Code Hero, the old man and the sea, battling the big marlin alone only to have the sharks eat the whole damn thing

Meanwhile not a peep about my blue fan clutch

It’s hard to say but since I can piggy back off the Icon 80’s truck marketing, I have to do my own now so that means finding something more “photogenic” if you will.

I was only half joking about the wrap idea in the other thread.. Custom wraps are coming down in price quite a bit. Last I was quoted was somewhere in the $3K range for a full wrap.

Joey is the Code Hero, the old man and the sea, battling the big marlin alone only to have the sharks eat the whole damn thing

Meanwhile not a peep about my blue fan clutch

My blue fan clutch hasn't shipped either. I'm not worried though. He's got a lot of stuff going on obviously =)

I also love your Old Man and the Sea quote. Very appropriate. That was my favorite book I read in school so long ago!

I have to do my own now so that means finding something more “photogenic” if you will.

If you want photogenic you won't beat this..............:rofl:
stickers.jpg

The dog is not included.

Someone more tech savvy than me should start a GOFUNDME for the soon to be acquired new turbo truck. I have bought quite a few things from Joey's site and am not in need of anything right now. Additionally, I'm sure clean $$ will benefit him more than product purchases. Joey is a class act so I don't expect him to ever ask for something like this, but this project benefits all of us to see what the 1FZ can really do long term. Even if we don't end up with a sh*tload of $$ at the end of it, something is better than nothing. If someone creates a link, I will certainly be donating something.
Or..., how about SEMA step up and make things right given all the rework this guy has to do to get back to where he was, not to mention the canceled orders and zero profit he’s left with in the deal. Not to be that guy, but someone’s insurance needs to be “accessed” here. This man has suffered real damages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom