Bolt on turbo kit (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was only half joking about the wrap idea in the other thread.. Custom wraps are coming down in price quite a bit. Last I was quoted was somewhere in the $3K range for a full wrap.
My blue fan clutch hasn't shipped either. I'm not worried though. He's got a lot of stuff going on obviously =)

I also love your Old Man and the Sea quote. Very appropriate. That was my favorite book I read in school so long ago!

Yeah I suck. Both my fault. Just corrected now. :(

Or..., how about SEMA step up and make things right given all the rework this guy has to do to get back to where he was, not to mention the canceled orders and zero profit he’s left with in the deal. Not to be that guy, but someone’s insurance needs to be “accessed” here. This man has suffered real damages.

That’s the long game. That doesn’t solve the here and now.

LOL that is terrific. That should be the new test mule.

Um, no. NO way is my wife's truck going to be faster than mine......:steer:

Good call on the GoFundMe. You're a wise man Joey. The internet is a fickle place.

Is it an option for you to sell the kit pre carb compliance to get orders and cash rolling? "Off-road use only" disclaimer. Let the buyer choose?

No idea how the whole carb setup works for you guys?
Once it's certified, can you provide certificates retrospectively to early buyers?

Is it an option for you to sell the kit pre carb compliance to get orders and cash rolling? "Off-road use only" disclaimer. Let the buyer choose?

No idea how the whole carb setup works for you guys?
Once it's certified, can you provide certificates retrospectively to early buyers?

Certification is one thing. Production is the other. They only kind of overlap.

Or..., how about SEMA step up and make things right given all the rework this guy has to do to get back to where he was, not to mention the canceled orders and zero profit he’s left with in the deal. Not to be that guy, but someone’s insurance needs to be “accessed” here. This man has suffered real damages.

Honestly having dealt with insurance companies, probably the cleanest outcome is for Joey to be able to get access to the rig, and recover all his components and get away from it clean, if not whole.
Insurance companies care nothing for the little guy here.

Maybe I missed it but is there any dyno plots with boost and afr numbers from the runs?

Edit: Posted this before reading of the accident, so depreciate it accordingly. Not important at all right now.

I can't say this from any specific drive train knowledge, but more from physical reasoning.
I suspect the relationship between shaft power and wheel power has a little more complexity than a simple proportional ratio.
Looks like y = mx.
So - skeptical of simply using the 30% thing to back calculate shaft power, like @scottryana says.

The next step up in any mathematical model would be a classical linear relationship.
2 components, like the classic line equation in algebra class : y = mx + b.
x = measured wheel power, the input data.
b = a constant loss factor through the drivetrain - things spinning, bearings, seals, fluids, etc.
m = a proportional pressure dependent loss factor - things press into each other harder with higher power.
y = calculated input power.

And all that would be RPM dependent, which is more likely a squared factor.

You could put together a decent model after taking enough data, but it's probably beyond the scope here.
And anyway, it's not really useful. Just armchair bragging stuff, right?

Last edited:
Completely and totally understood re: the gofundme. While many of us are well-intentioned I could see things like this taking an unfavorable turn...

Wish I could justify a turbo kit from you right now, but I plan to make it happen down the line. Best of luck with getting everything worked out with Insurance I know how fun that is. Thanks for all you continue to do for the community.

OH, OH, OH....

RAFFLE TICKETS!

Raffle a kit. 100 bucks a ticket.

Don't get too carried away. I'm sure there are hidden Implications when raffling.

Don't get too carried away. I'm sure there are hidden Implications when raffling.
Agreed. Got to imagine that there is a law that curtails this kind of raffle otherwise everyone would be doing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom