BFG KO2 Cracking at 10k (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What worries me is that the spare that has been in the sun the whole time has never been on the ground and has no indication of this at all.

I'd feel safer with the ones that have seen pavement than the one that has not personally. That cracking is not a big deal at all. Esp after 30K

I'm really torn here. I need new tires for the 100 and was going to get KO2s. This thread was discussed in our Rising Sun club meeting this week (I think by Adventure Tool). I had a flat repaired at Discount Tire in Denver today on the 62 and asked about it, they said they're getting a lot of returns for the cracking problem and recommended getting a different tire. I have Duratracs on the 62 and they've been great offroad, but I'm always nervous about the sidewalls. What are other good alternatives?

20200306_164621.jpg

I ditched the 15’s and went to 16 inch wheels.

Good tires in 15 are hard to find, but 16 has a ton of options.

Have you checked Coopers or General Tire? Not sure on the size you are looking for but I'm going to be putting new tires on my 80 later this year and these two are my first choices over the BFGs, as they are considerably less expensive (size dependent).

I think the KO2s are a polarizing tire. They get a lot of hate but I have had them and their predecessor for nearly 200k miles.

They’ve balanced, have great road manners, and are excellent in the wet.

I will be putting another new set on my 4Runner and plan to get a pair for the LX.

Really can't believe how much traction this has gotten. I'll say this again for the group: after my initial experience with the cracks on the tread (which BFG did warranty and replace at no cost ((sans installation costs)), I've had almost 40k mi without any issues on this second set. Still a good amount of tread left and I beat the heck out of these tires at low PSI over all kinds of terrain. We did a 15k mi roadtrip across the US and they were flawless. So, FWIW I would recommend them without hesitation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom