Builds Benjamin’s 3D Prints Build (21 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Great looking product. Will probably be contacting you soon.
The amazon link didn’t direct me to the specific mic you used. Can you post another? link?

The forum seems to be removing the specific links. Just tried to post the link myself.

Search Amazon for "FingerLakes 3.5mm". It should be $9.99 + shipping.

The forum seems to be removing the specific links. Just tried to post the link myself.

Search Amazon for "FingerLakes 3.5mm". It should be $9.99 + shipping.
This one??

Great looking product. Will probably be contacting you soon.
The amazon link didn’t direct me to the specific mic you used. Can you post another? link?
Just press quote or reply to the message and copy and paste this part into the Amazon search box.
[ MEDIA=amazon] B015KY5J7Y [ MEDIA]
FingerLakes 3.5mm Microphone Assembly Mic for Car Vehicle Head Unit Bluetooth Enabled Stereo Radio GPS DVD

MUD does weird things to Amazon links. The links work if you use the Insert Link button though.

First picture. I like it! 👍

1591384023875.png

Fitting and fasteners are all good?

The fasteners are great. The fit is perfect. I'm cleaning up some of the mess I had with the other caps. I had to use RTV inside the caps to seal up gaps on the old caps. These are much better.

This thread is awesome. Can u make stuff for other cruisers?
I assume u need a vehicle for scanning...

Make 25 Door Step

Requirement from @jlm43

"Maybe 6 inches long. It would act as a step to get onto the roof rack. The bottom should be some what soft and not slippery. The top can be hard but also no slippery. It’s something to protect the door trim and window seals when I don’t want to set up a ladder. And it would be a lot smaller and easy to store in the truck."

1. Overview

1591410881532.png

1592693214340.png

Photo credit @jlm43

1591410794873.png

1590976413920.png

1591411075918.png

2. Material and fabrication

The liner(yellow) is printed with the same material used to make the facemask tensioners. The soft material is used to protect the door trim and paint. But it is not too soft so the white hard plastic part will not be in contact with door panel under load. The maninbody is printed with PETG.

The mainbody is glued from three parts. This makes the assembly much tougher than a single print. The liner is also glued to the inside of the mainbody.

3. CAUTION

Set the step properly on the door trim with the triangle pointing to the inside of vehicle.
1591411409777.png

Always face the vehicle when climbing or descending.
Always hold the roof rack with at least one hand.
Step at the center of the step.
Do not carry loads that might make you lose balance.

4. Purchase
$90 plus shipping

Last edited:
Oooooh! This is pretty neat. I'd probably think of some other things to put in there but the mount is nice. How deep would rocker switches be vs the SG? Could they be a thinner profile?
Rocker switches are thicker than SG actually. Have to leave space for the terminals and wires.

1591459866210.png

Last edited:
Realized that I have never posted this make.

Make 4 V4: Rocker-switch DEEP Mount with one slot for LED dimmer for Toyota Land Cruiser 100 Series

1 Overview of the Final Product

1591465851763.png

1591465657819.png

B5922E7F-1F70-4DF9-AA6C-96BDADA9D18C.jpeg

2 Purchase List to Complete the Installation

Rocker Switches

Panel Plugs

Dimmer:
https://www.carlingtech.com/sites/default/files/documents/LD-Series_010713.pdf
Search "Carling Dimmer" on ebay.

Video:

The flickering is only in the video. I cannot see it with my naked eyes.

Wiring diagram:

1584828723255.png

3 Purchase

$75 + USPS Priority. Printed in tan or grey ABS or PETG. PM for direct Paypal payment.
50% discount if you purchased M4V1, M4V2 or M4V3.

Last edited:
Realized that I have never posted this make.

Make 4 V4: Rocker-switch DEEP Mount with one slot for LED dimmer for Toyota Land Cruiser 100 Series

1 Overview of the Final Product

View attachment 2331444

View attachment 2331442

B5922E7F-1F70-4DF9-AA6C-96BDADA9D18C.jpeg

2 Purchase List to Complete the Installation

Rocker Switches

Panel Plugs

Dimmer:
https://www.carlingtech.com/sites/default/files/documents/LD-Series_010713.pdf
Search "Carling Dimmer" on ebay.

Video:

The flickering is only in the video. I cannot see it with my naked eyes.

Wiring diagram:

1584828723255.png

3 Purchase

$49 + $7.9 (USPS Priority). Printed in tan or grey ABS or PETG. PM for direct Paypal payment.
50% discount if you purchased M4V1, M4V2 or M4V3.

Aww man. That would’ve been a great idea for the second switch blank on the mic/Scanguage II build. Ah well, great idea though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom