Builds Benjamin’s 3D Prints Build (25 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for the reply! I agree with you on point #2. Not having to finish the piece is a huge value-adder for me.

With regard to #3, I think there's a design opportunity there to create a front bucket "face" and a rear backing plate, just like the M2V2. The actual headlight adjuster brackets are cheap and can sandwich the front and rear backing plate to create the necessary rigidity.
The printer that @suprarx7nut is a high end industrial printer. Mine are all hobby printers. His printer cost almost $20,000. Correct me if the number if wrong. Mine are in the $1000 range. The material cost on his printer is like 4-5 times higher. We can print with the high-end material for individual case.

The current work flow it that I work on the CAD and prototypes on my printers. The final step is to send the CAD out to suprax7nut.

Reactions: BEG
Yeah.. the one handed user friendly thing is more a deal breaker for me. If the system were a bit easier to remove one handed then I would possibly give it a chance. I am going to hold on to the X-Grip till I get the other adapter (probably this weekend) extension and try it for a bit.
Otherwise it will be the Quadlock Moto 1" ball mount system. Built specifically to be compatible with the RAM mount stuff and is easily one handed. Did some review searching last night and lots of mixed reviews of the X-Grip (little rubber ends tend to come off easily, not overly user friendly, stupid rubberband to add extra hold, etc.) and lots of the adventure moto guys start with the X-Grip only to go to the Quadlock. Their biggest gripe seemed to be the proprietary nature of the "case" needed vs. the X-Grip being compatible with any case. But when looking at cost comparison, it is pretty negligible for me.
Here's another good option for phone mounts, they make tablet and wireless charging ones as well: Perfect Squeeze Phone Mount

A bit spendy, but been rock solid in the cruiser and on the moto for thousands of miles.

The printer that @suprarx7nut is a high end industrial printer. Mine are all hobby printers. His printer cost almost $20,000. Correct me if the number if wrong. Mine are in the $1000 range. The material cost on his printer is like 4-5 times higher. We can print with the high-end material for individual case.

The current work flow it that I work on the CAD and prototypes on my printers. The final step is to send the CAD out to suprax7nut.

Starts at $10k, but tack on a good chunk more for all the ancillary stuff to go with it, yeah. Big investment for sure, but I'd buy it again twice over. Surface finish you can't beat and optional strength to rival billet aluminum in a package that's as plug and play and maintenance-free as it gets. It gets used about as often as any other appliance in the house.

Good to know. I'll reach out directly for quotes on makes with the higher end material.

Starts at $10k, but tack on a good chunk more for all the ancillary stuff to go with it, yeah. Big investment for sure, but I'd buy it again twice over. Surface finish you can't beat and optional strength to rival billet aluminum in a package that's as plug and play and maintenance-free as it gets. It gets used about as often as any other appliance in the house.

I was saving money for a Onyx Pro. I will leave all the high-end printing to you now lol.
I will spend the money on a large format FDM printer. I want a 18in x 36in printing footprint.

I was saving money for a Onyx Pro. I will leave all the high-end printing to you now lol.
I will spend the money on a large format FDM printer. I want a 18in x 36in printing footprint.
Sounds good to me! My wife said that printer must be named "iCost" until I can pay back the investment. At that point, I'll get to rename it, haha.

The big opportunity for this printer and material, I think, is brackets. The material is plenty strong and has a high heat deflection temp so it can used in most places in a car - even under the hood.

Large format printer would be very cool. I've had a bunch of things I wanted to print, but couldn't fit it in the chamber.

1589911775385.png

Yeah I did see the new wireless charging base from Quadlock, bit cost prohibitive at this point. Not a huge fan of wireless chargers in vehicles unless they are in a dedicated cubby.

Will that Quadlock wireless base work with the RAM Ball?

I meant the wireless charging gadget from Quadlock. I am looking for a wireless charger for the Ram ball mount
From Quad Lock's website....
PLEASE NOTE: Quad Lock® Car Mount or Quad Lock® Desk Mount is required for use with the Wireless Charging Head.

Make 24: EZFix of door switch panel

1 Overview of the Final Product

1589933424528.png

A lot of us have suffered from flimsy door panel caused by broken or deformed tab. The panel is getting harder to source and cost a fortune. The printed EZFix tab can be glued over the broken factory tab. EZFix has overall larger dimension and thicker material.

1589931440547.png

1589932098266.png

2. Glue I used:

Loctite Liquid Professional Super Glue 20-Gram Bottle (1365882)

3. Price:

$0 + Shipping ($7.5 to $8.5)

The CAD took me about 1-2 hours. Material cost is minimum. So I will just make it free.
Just PM leaving your shipping address.

Last edited:
I would love to assist. Unfortunately my Cruiser is on a boat to Spain...

If you haven't received one by September, let me know, I'll send you mine.

Make 23 V1: YAESU FTM-400XD Mount

1589939202420.png

1589938835876.png

1589939304526.png

2 Description

Make 23 V1 mounts YAESU FTM-400XD control unit in the overhead console. The M5 thread on the back of the unit is used. One 18-8 Stainless Steel low-profile socket hear screw (M5 x 0.8 mm Thread, 12 mm Long) is included.

3 Purchase

$49 + $7.9 (USPS Priority). PM for Direct Paypal payment.

Last edited:
Make 23: YAESU FTM-400XD Mount

View attachment 2312392

View attachment 2312373

View attachment 2312394

2 Description

Make 23 mounts YAESU FTM-400XD control unit in the overhead console. The M5 thread on the back of the unit is used. One 18-8 Stainless Steel low-profile socket hear screw (M5 x 0.8 mm Thread, 12 mm Long) is included.

3 Purchase

$49 + $7.9 (USPS Priority). PM for Direct Paypal payment.

Any chance you can make a similar mount for the SPOD?? Thanks.

So oddly enough I was looking at my switch panel this morning and it is the nose that sticks up and doesn't want to fit flush. Thought it was the rear for some reason, will investigate before I request one of the Mark 24s @BenCC .

So oddly enough I was looking at my switch panel this morning and it is the nose that sticks up and doesn't want to fit flush. Thought it was the rear for some reason, will investigate before I request one of the Mark 24s @BenCC .
You can try to bend the metal clip in the front a little

You can try to bend the metal clip in the front a little
Yeah I gots to pop it out and see whats going on there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom